Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Nidhi is a very real character-Sakaal times

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
'Niddhi is very real and three-dimensional'
BNS
Monday, October 24, 2011 AT 04:41 PM (IST)
 Tags: spice,   masala chat,   Kritika Kamra,   Sony TV,   Kuch Toh Log Kahenge,   small screen
Kritika Kamra, who plays Dr Niddhi Verma in Sony TV's popular new show Kuch Toh Log Kahenge, is enjoying playing a very well etched out character, at a time when character 'types' populate the small screen

In the serial, Niddhi was not sure of becoming a doctor. Was Kritika sure of becoming an actress?
No. I also tried becoming a doctor because my father is a doctor and he wanted me to be the same. I was very good at studies and had taken science and. I used to love biology but in just for a couple of months, I quit science. I change my whole vocational field but my father was very chilled about it. After changing the stream, I studied humanities, fine arts, fashion and finally I became an actor. With me, it never goes according to plan. But I like surprises.

What do you have to say about the show's time slot?
The show is at 8 o'clock which is very competitive as there are shows like Balika Vadhu in the same slot. For us, in the cities this timing is very difficult as my parents and relatives don't even return home from work by then. I feel Bade Achhe Lahte Hai's 10:30 slot is convenient because everybody is back from work and may be having their dinner or just finished with dinner by that time. 8 o'clock is very tricky but nonetheless, those who want to watch the show will see it.

Which character do you feel closer to in your real life —Arohi from Kitani Mohabbat Hai or Niddhi from Kuch Toh Log Kahanege?
Unless I become that person in my head, I can't do it. When I was doing Kitani…, I was Arohi and Arohi was me. You give that character a shape and a face after reading the script. With Niddhi, it's more real. She has to underplay and there are fewer dialogues. If I speak in Hindi with you, the style would be same in the show. Niddhi is very real and three-dimensional — she is bubbly, emotional, silent and so on. Whereas in other shows the brief given about the character is that she has to be bubbly.

What about comparisons to Dhoop Kinare.
I cannot ape the original actress from Dhoop Kinare.

When you came to know that you'll be cast opposite Monish Behl, were you nervous?
To be frank, I was really happy. I am a fan of his work. He appeal to all ages — my mother is fan of his work and so I am. This is a good feeling as you got to learn a lot. I have never trained as an actor or been to acting school and I don't think I should ever go because I believe in learning everyday from whatever I do. That's what keeps me going.

So to have an actor like him is phenomenal because you learn so much from the person, from his experience. We always rehearsed before giving a final shot.

We have got a very good team and even Mohnishji says that we have a brilliant director who knows his job. Off screen, I am not badtameez at all. I respect his age and his experience so there is obliviously no chatting up and doing masti or pranks. It's fun chatting when his family comes on the sets … his wife and daughter. It's a very professional relationship with Mohnish Behl — you can't expect us to hang out (laughs).
 — Rachana Trivedi
Photo Gallery
  Related News
'I am starting a new Hindi film...'
'Farah and I have become good friends'
In the thick of Action
'Snakes are scared of me; I'm not scared of them'
'Mausam is not about rebirth'

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KaranKittu4eva thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I Love this interview! Especially the end bit about Mohnish ji made me laugh:) Haha no baadtameezi n pranks;) Aww she hangs out with him family that's sweet. Dr. Nidhi is truly very real! Happy Birthday Kittu:)
RamonaG thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9
tfs tanu lovely article great answers by kritika 😃
Kavya.S thumbnail
thanks for sharing...
..Roopal.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
awww loved this so much
thanks for sharing