Balika Vadhu

HAPPY DEEPAWALI PALS!

fervour thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
😊😊as the 5 days' festival of lights begins today,i wish a very happy diwali to all my lovely and rocking IF mates.have fun guys wherever u stay.not met any one of u bt still feel the bond we share.stay happy and healthy!cheers!😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Essence.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thank you. You too have fun.
fervour thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
gud timing sense the CVshave!they are giving us the diwali gift in the form of shravan!kudos!i wud be engrossed in diwali celebrations for 5 whole days so wont be frequenting the forum in ths time.miss u all!have a gr8 time!😃
dwsc thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
diwali orkut scraps
Edited by dwsc - 12 years ago
pjyo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Happy Diwali to you  all 🥳........ ðŸ˜Š
andv thumbnail
Wish you too a happy Diwali and my wishes to everyone on the forum too. 
khusi_* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
happy deepawali to u all!!🤗
redapple1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Happy Diwali to all of you! May the festival of lights encircle your life with joy and happiness.
tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

2day is dhantares!! may all of u get lots of "dhan" this deepawali!!Happy Dhantares To U All!!!

Dhanteras (Hindi: ?????? ,Marathi : Dhantrayodashi) is the first day of the five-day Diwali Festival as celebrated in parts of north India. The festival, also known as "Dhantrayodashi" or "Dhanvantari Triodasi", falls on the auspicious thirteenth lunar day of Krishna paksha (dark fortnight) in the Hindu calendar month of Kartik (October/November).Preparations

To mark the auspicious day, houses and business premises are renovated and decorated. Entrances are made colorful with traditional motifs of Rangoli designs to welcome the Goddess of Wealth and Prosperity. To indicate her long-awaited arrival, small footprints are drawn with rice flour and vermilion powder all over the houses. Lamps are kept burning all through the night.

Traditions

On Dhanteras Hindus consider it auspicious to purchase gold or silver articles or at least one or two new utensils. It is believed that new "Dhan" or some form of precious metal is a sign of good luck. "Laxmi Puja" is performed in the evenings when tiny Diyas of clay are lit to drive away the shadows of evil spirits. "Bhajans", devotional songs in praise of Goddess Laxmi, are also sung.

Celebrations

Dhanteras is celebrated with gusto and enthusiasm. "Lakshmi Puja" is performed in the evenings when tiny diyas of clay are lit to drive away the shadows of evil spirits. Bhajans, devotional songs in praise of Goddess Laxmi, are sung and "Naivedya" of traditional sweets is offered to the Goddess. There is a peculiar custom in Maharashtra to lightly pound dry coriander seeds with jaggery and offer as Naivedya.

In villages, cattle are adorned and worshiped by farmers as they form the main source of their income. In south India, cows are offered, particularly, a special veneration because they are thought of as incarnations of Goddess Lakshmi.

this informn is courtsey wikipedia!!

ppl buy gold & utensils on this day

Edited by tiny15 - 12 years ago
Pranjjal thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS DIWALI to all my friends here