7 aum Arivu is mind-boggling and exciting: Suriya

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

sahi.

IF-Sizzlerz

sahi.

Posted: 23 October 2011 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
"7 aum Arivu is mind-boggling and exciting": Suriya

All eyes are on Suriya, the man of the moment and his Diwali release 7 aum Arivu.

Looks like the actor can do no wrong this season. Known for his script sense, Suriya has marched to a different tune. His last five movies has created records at the box-office. Suriya is focused; clear headed and is the most hard-working actor in Kollywood. He thinks a hundred times, before taking a decision regarding his films and sticks by people he believes in.

7 Aum Arivu is the most anticipated film of the year and in this exclusive conversation with sify.com, Suriya spills the beans on what got him kicked about the whole experience of working in this period, medical science thriller'

7 Aum Arivu expectations have sky rocketed. Does that faze you?
I know that 7 Aum Arivu is indeed a big film with huge expectations. It was a huge high. For the first time I was being offered a film as the first choice of hero. In the past, films have come to me after going through many other actors who didn't want to do them. So that itself felt special. Working with the Ghajini team again was a huge high and this time it was all the more high octane, since we had to make it with a bigger punch than Ghajini.

How did you prepare for the dual roles of monk and circus artist?
For the monk's role I read a lot of books and even watched videos of Osho and others to see the body language and gauge how they remain so calm and composed. I tried to get in touch with my inner self to observe mood changes and how a monk would react to situations and emotions. Added to my effort, the assistant directors (AD's)  with their research were a big help since it's a period film.

For the circus artist Arvind, I thank Pratap master for teaching me all the tricks like juggling, hand stands, trapeze etc. Johnny the martial artist and Hollywood actor and Peter Hein the stunt director helped a lot with stunts. I also underwent special martial arts training in Vietnam.

7 aum Arivu- A sify special

How was it working in China?
It was amazing. I admire the people there for their dedication and discipline on sets. Everyone was on time however early and whatever their age. Not a paper out of place and no shouting or yelling at work. They were really happy that we were doing a film on their beloved Da Mo, as Bodhidharman is known there.

What are the highlights of the movie according to you?
I think the production values accorded by Red Giant are amazing, as is their support. The music by Harris is a huge hit and Mun Andhi Saral is one of my favourites. Shruti is the surprise element and will surely go places after this film. Rajeevan's set are out of this world, especially the Chinese ones. Murgadoss has surpassed himself and conveyed in layman's terms something that we should be proud of and though it's a medical science thriller, everyone can understand it. The whole scale of the film is mind-boggling and exciting and I have the entire team to thank for this. I hope the viewers enjoy it as much as we did!

Source: Sify

Edited by Ravi. - 23 October 2011 at 10:00pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-GGG3hopper_oceanalaipayutheyMP_Radha

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "7 aum Arivu is mind-boggling and exciting: Suriya" in Sensational South forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

MP_Radha

IF-Veteran Member

MP_Radha

Posted: 23 October 2011 at 10:09pm | IP Logged
This is the first article I've read that had a bit more details about the film (as I wanted to keep it a surprise for myself LOL)... but surely am so interested in it.  I want to see how the whole film unravels...

Can't wait for this Sunday to see the film at theaters.

Thanks daa ravusu

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

GGG3hopper_oceansahi.

sahi.

IF-Sizzlerz

sahi.

Posted: 23 October 2011 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
7aam Arivu is releasing on wednesday but I could only watch on friday Shocked Can't wait Party

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

GGG3hopper_ocean

GGG3

Goldie

GGG3

Posted: 24 October 2011 at 2:19am | IP Logged
Thanks for the article. Looking forward to watch the movie desperately.

Would like to share this tete-a-tete with A.R. Murugadoss that appeared on The Hindu Cinema Plus last week.

With 7aum Arivu set for release soon, director A. R. Murugadoss opens up on the various aspects of this year's much-awaited film. Malathi Rangarajan takes notes'

Quite unprepared for the small frame and self-conscious demeanour of the person before me who was introduced as the director of the film, I blinked, till I noticed the distinct brightness in his eyes. A clear give-away that he's a technician to watch out for! Otherwise A. R. Murugadoss looked more like a fresher in college, not a director who was making debut with an Ajith starrer! The film was Dheena. A decade has gone by and today Murugadoss has scaled impressive heights in Hindi cinema with Ghajni, a grosser. In between there was Ramana whose social consciousness fascinated many, and the Tamil Ghajini!

Murugadoss is now set to take the cinema world by storm with 7aum Arivu, his much-hyped film with Suriya. Why did he plump for his Ghajini hero again? "The vibes," he says. "Ever since Ghajini happened we've been in touch. And the role in 7aum Arivu needs a strong hero of the calibre of Suriya."

Generally, director-hero equations are hunky-dory initially, but by the time a project is complete matters sour. Murugadoss' entry was with Ajith, after which he moved on to Vijayakanth -- he is going with Suriya for the second time consecutively. "During Dheena I was more in awe of Ajith. I directed him with deference and I still feel so about him. After the film we rarely met," explains Murugadoss. "And as for the hero and director falling out, if the film is a hit, the skirmishes are forgotten. But when it bites the dust, the blame game begins," he laughs.

The theme spells novelty. For the first 20 minutes or so, 7aum Arivu is a period film tracking the larger than life persona of Bodhidharma, who lived in the 6th Century, after which the film shifts gear to the present. "My interest perked up when I learnt that Bodhidharma's antecedents can be traced to Tamil Nadu. He was a Pallava prince who had renounced life, travelled all the way to China, established Zen Buddhism, founded the martial art of Kung-fu and is till today deified in several parts of the world, except in India! The irony is embarrassing. Just like the Ramkrishna Mutt, you find a Bodhidharma Mutt even in the U.S.," says Murugadoss.

People there are shocked to hear that Indians know little about Bodhidharma. "Just as our temples for Lord Shiva have niches on either side for Ganesha and Muruga, every Buddhist temple in China houses a shrine for Bodhidharma to the left of the sanctum sanctorum of Gautama Buddha."

Called Da Mo (Master) in China and Ta Mo in Japan, he lived till the age of 150 and spent a whole nine-year period inside a cave facing a wall, meditating! "For 7aum Arivu I have used just a glass of water from a huge sea of intrigue. He is a master who deserves to be made known to our folks for the philosophy he stood for and the art form he created, particularly because he hailed from here!" Murugadoss' admiration for the Buddhist saint is palpable.

Striking gold

The project, kick-started a couple of years ago, involved nearly 10 months of extensive research, plot development and scripting. Yet he found time to turn producer! By zeroing in on director Saravanan for his first production, Engaeyum Eppodhum, Murugadoss has struck gold.

"Fox Star Studios was willing to join hands and promote new talents. I want to encourage fresh ideas, but sadly many of our youngsters seem to be caught in the warp of Paruththi Veeran," he laughs.

The knot and narrative of 7aum Arivu had Murugadoss slogging it out. "For all that, it was my assistants who went about with the spadework," Murugadoss smiles. "The 6th Century segment is completely authentic. My imagination takes wing only in the contemporary part of the tale."

The Shruti Haasan factor has also kindled curiosity about 7. "Yeah, we chose her because she looks both intelligent and beautiful ' a blend I was looking for. She plays a scientist. And be it Ravi K. Chandran or Rajeevan, their contributions have been singular," commends Murugadoss. "Also Peter Hein has done a lot of reference to make the stunts genuine. After all we are showcasing the movements of a master. So has Harris. He has used 6{+t}{+h} Century instruments for the period sequences."

That the hype for 7aum Arivu has already made many pull out of the Deepavali race should be a morale booster. "All the same, exam means tension. During the days of Ramana I was jogging on a local ground, now I run on a racing track amidst stiff competition," he laughs...

Edited by GGG3 - 24 October 2011 at 2:20am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hopper_ocean

alaipayuthey

IF-Rockerz

alaipayuthey

Posted: 24 October 2011 at 2:30am | IP Logged
mun andhi saaral is also my favorite...Tongue

hopper_ocean

Viewbie

hopper_ocean

Posted: 24 October 2011 at 3:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ravi.

7aam Arivu is releasing on wednesday but I could only watch on friday Shocked Can't wait Party

LOLLOL  guess i wud be watching it before you kanna Wink Thanks for the article.. Monk and circus aa Shocked definitely gona be interesting. Awww me too love mun andhi song Embarrassed

Hi GGG3, thanks for sharing the information. Clap

LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

GGG3

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.