Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

*dolly*

IF-Sizzlerz

*dolly*

Posted: 31 January 2006 at 1:50pm | IP Logged

Is Internet addictive? This question has been lately puzzling me a lot. At the weekends, when my hubby dear conquers my computer, I sometimes feel very frustrated and have come to realize that I need to surf the net on a regular basis and that has almost become a lifestyle. Or am suffering from what they call as IAD or Internet Addictive Disorder.
There are many health and lifestyle problems associated with web browsing. When browsing tends to be more mouse-intensive, the so-called "addicts" may have an increased chance of sustaining soft tissue damage in fingers, wrist, arm, shoulder or neck.I admire Internet for its connectivity and global reach; and I find it a much better option than watching the K-serials on the telly.
I feel that healthy discussions and thrashing out things is like exercising the mind. And expressing positively definitely creates way for more positive thoughts.
So it doesn't bother me if I am one of those who are suffering from Internet Addictive Disorder (IAD) as there are sure ways to balance it off. Besides this, the Internet for sure is a vast resource and a very beneficial one too. And till the technology progress to develop anything superior to the net I will continue to be an ardent admirer of it.

what do u think?

Edited by dolly - 31 January 2006 at 1:53pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Internet addiction and lifestyle" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 31 January 2006 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
I think internet is a pain in the neck . No seriously, i mean literaly pain in the neck . I have been sitting on it like i always do every day for hours now . I need an exercise and some fresh air since my neck is damn stiff !! LOL LOL

Thx for reminding me i need some fresh air and i need to put down my lap top. LOL

*dolly*

IF-Sizzlerz

*dolly*

Posted: 31 January 2006 at 2:58pm | IP Logged
LOL
i know aparna what u mean.
I sometimes get up at night and surf net.I have some friends in India and UAE and when it is night in US over there is day time, so I stay up for them Confused LOL.But I have controlled myself quite a bit. Was wandering if there is anyone like me Wink LOL

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 31 January 2006 at 3:25pm | IP Logged
anyone? lol dolly try every1..or @least most of us...i feel tht i am a victim of IAD LOL

i alwaiiz wanna come on and c wat ppl posted and reply 2 thm and stuff...so ok thts IF well i also w8 4 ppl 2 come on and i talk 2 ppl for hrz and not realize it and if i e-mail sum1 i w8 4 der reply and if nuttin else thn i play games..1 way or another i cant seem 2 get myself away...and thn wen im on i try 2 figure out y im on and ders never a gud enuff reason LOL LOL

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 31 January 2006 at 3:30pm | IP Logged
actually i am suffering from IF Addictive Disorder (IAD). i need help. Cry Cry

*dolly*

IF-Sizzlerz

*dolly*

Posted: 31 January 2006 at 3:31pm | IP Logged
vishesh u log on every 30 min right LOL
i have done that too Embarrassed

*dolly*

IF-Sizzlerz

*dolly*

Posted: 31 January 2006 at 3:31pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Anjali.Nair

actually i am suffering from IF Addictive Disorder (IAD). i need help. Cry Cry

ohh

join the clubLOL

*dolly*

IF-Sizzlerz

*dolly*

Posted: 31 January 2006 at 4:55pm | IP Logged
However i have problems with this particular situation being called a disorder. Isn't it becoming a way of life...

Internet surely is the medium which has broken all the communication barriers. I have noticed that this forum has people from across the world which would not have been possible without the Internet.

Also business has become a lot more customer focussed thanks to Internet. Now-a-days you can showcase your products and services on the net and this also leads to a larger target market.

Thus the benefits are far too many than the possible drawbacks.
what do u think??

Edited by dolly - 31 January 2006 at 4:55pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top