Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

r07c

IF-Dazzler

r07c

Posted: 23 October 2011 at 12:40am | IP Logged
TNN | Oct 23, 2011, 12.00AM IST

The Mohan sisters - Shakti and Mukti Mohan - were subjected to racial discrimination, while at an event in Norway. Apparently, Shakti was there to perform in an annual festival called Mela and the two sisters were travelling together. 

However, after day one of rehearsals, a bomb blast there led to those of Indian origin being asked not to perform at the festival. Mukti reveals, "Due to the bomb blast, Shakti's performance was cancelled. Norway in itself is very supportive of integration and open to immigrants but it was the action of one person, which led to the cancellation. 

Though a precautionary measure for protection for people of Asian origin was taken, the cancellation was definitely disheartening!"

Wow that is so bad...I feel bad for the Indians there and Shakti's act went to waste. Sucks how she did not get to perform when she spent money to go perform. Anyways, glad she and Mukti were safe.

Edited by robinc07 - 23 October 2011 at 12:40am

The following 27 member(s) liked the above post:

jheeelsomnath32harshi94...Pwinch3ss...KoolKatz2cute4u_22the_writer_21luvlife84bellezaEssence..ABCDesiGirl93sweetapple2995nebudhaakshuRadiantTreasure-.nandini.-debby_11.Comics_Music.-kirulicious-nj_SRKholiccrazysky..KR..ZaYaHolic..Rish..luv_arshawida-Anilaa-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "[Article]Mohan sisters face racial discrimination" in Channel V Dil Dosti Dance forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-.nandini.-

IF-Rockerz

-.nandini.-

Posted: 23 October 2011 at 12:44am | IP Logged
This is awful. Ouch

I feel so bad for Shakti and also for everyone else who must have faced the same sudden change in outlook. Haw! Stern Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

2cute4u_22RadiantTreasurer07cwida

r07c

IF-Dazzler

r07c

Posted: 23 October 2011 at 12:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nandinidev

This is awful. Ouch

I feel so bad for Shakti and also for everyone else who must have faced the same sudden change in outlook. Haw! Stern Smile
Yeah I think the cancelling of the act was a wise idea, the show/Norway needed to protect them. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

2cute4u_22-.nandini.-

belleza

Goldie

belleza

Posted: 23 October 2011 at 12:48am | IP Logged
Their performance got canceled...too bad...
Shakti spent her own money to go and perform there!!!!I didn't know that...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

2cute4u_22

r07c

IF-Dazzler

r07c

Posted: 23 October 2011 at 12:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sydelle

Their performance got canceled...too bad...
Shakti spent her own money to go and perform there!!!!I didn't know that...
I'm not sure, I'm just guessing because Mukti came along, when she wasn't a part of the show

belleza

Saranghae

IF-Addictz

Saranghae

Posted: 23 October 2011 at 1:01am | IP Logged
poor shakti,.dats really not fair!

-Sakina-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Sakina-

Posted: 23 October 2011 at 1:51am | IP Logged
This is disgusting!Its an insult not only to Shakti but to all Indians!

2cute4u_22

nanaav

nanaav

Posted: 23 October 2011 at 6:23am | IP Logged
So unfair!! poor thing!!

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.