Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

.Lena.

IF-Rockerz

.Lena.

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 12:34pm | IP Logged

Welcome to the 5th Writer of the Week

Every week, we will have a Member of the Week, switching from Writer to Reader.

Our main goal is to bring the FF section together and showcase the wonderful members of Fan Fiction, including its talented writers and zealous readers.

Please keep in mind that MOTWs are randomly picked. No nominations are accepted.

Now, let's take our guesses on the WOTW...

She has written a great deal of Fan Fictions.

She is a Goldie

She has written non-canon stories of MaanEet reflecting unique genres.

She recently finished Till Human Voices Wake Us

Her genres revolve around mystery. Her words make chills go up and down your skin. LOL

She is the writer of Maidens and Madmen

Oh, come on, we don't need any more guesses, do we? Wink

Our Writer of the Week is

-Sookie- 

Congratulations SOOKIE

You are our official fifth WOTW

Feel free to use this beautiful siggy

Clap Thank you Anjali for making such a beautiful siggy. Clap

Evil Smile Hot seat isn't so hot until you get grilling questions Evil Smile
Prepare for the HOT SEAT Wink

Name:

Student or Employed:

Favorite Couple:

What made you fall in love with the couple?

Favorite Show:

How did you come to know about the show?

Who is your favorite FF writer?

Who is your favorite author?

What is your favorite book?

What is your favorite movie?

What was the last song you heard?

What was the last song you liked?

When did you start writing?

What inspired you to write?

One thing you will never forget after writing your first FF:

One thing you will forever regret after writing your first FF:

What do you usually do to get you into mood of writing the next part?

When did the first idea of your FF click in?

Does your FF relate to you in any way?

How does it feel to be the Writer of the Week? Big smile

FF members, make sure to grill our fiftth WOTW well. Evil Smile
Remember to ask for spoilers Wink

Edited by .Lena. - 22 October 2011 at 2:10pm

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaanarajkamal02..KaJenDelena..AliceTindepgalrichiiiiibluerose1889latekate-Deepzz-Newdimejazzerette-Sookie--Aria-Amiiishbasicquestion1had2bu..shreyaa..Tyroharshdbsjain

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic ".: 5th Writer of the Week :." in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

indepgal

Goldie

indepgal

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
truly well deserved...in my opinion, one of the best, if not the best writer on maaneet...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rajkamal02-Sookie-.Lena.

.Lena.

IF-Rockerz

.Lena.

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
Sookie's Writing

One Shots

The world has turned and left me here

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1217450

The sociopath and the romantic

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1627722

Adult content notice to MSK by Geet Handa

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1660848

Fan Fictions

Death Talkies

Vignettes, poetry, short stories, conversations and various style of writing and themes. Mostly morbid stuff but there are few handful of happy ones too. Again its an experimentation with ideas and many times reflects something from daily life.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1290171

A complete guide to MSK's mood swings by Geet Handa

A satirical piece where an attempt is made to evaluate mood swings using logical markings.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1450523

Till human voices wake us

Maan as a cop and Geet as victim's roommate. A murder mystery where one murder leads to links to two older murders and a fresh murder five days later. Geet being the common factor in all the cases, becomes the prime suspect.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1729645

Convergence

An experimental series where the characters draw similarities to the ones from "The Sandman" and the main lead, Geet, discovers the meaning of family ties, parents and siblings as she works on her thesis about "The Sandman" itself.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1773080

Infinity in the palm of your hand

A story of two people who meet once a year in a span of ten years and share a lifetime. The series covers issues of morality, understanding society and general views on life itself.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1166105

Chicken soup for cynical soul

Its a list of small vignettes which are of mostly humor genre. Always

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1470392

Maidens and Madmen

55 Word fiction. Each entry has only 55 words. Experimental. Maan-Geet only. (For now.)

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1553071

All of her writings can be seen here
http://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1449813

Edited by .Lena. - 22 October 2011 at 2:16pm

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

rajkamal02AliceTlatekategoldenballbasicquestion1jazzerette-Sookie--Aria-NewdimeDilsayTyro..shreyaa..

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 1:17pm | IP Logged

Congrats SookieEmbarrassed

Here is few warmer upsLOL

Do you yawn in your sleep?
Do glow-in-the-dark objects stop glowing when somebody turns the lights on?
How come lemon washing up liquid contains real lemons, but lemon juice contains artificial flavorings.
Do you wake up or open your eyes first?
Did Noah have woodpeckers on the ark? If he did, where did he keep them?
Why are builders afraid to have a 13th floor but book publishers aren't afraid to have a Chapter 11?
How do you handcuff a one-armed man?
If the FBI breaks your door down do they have to pay for it?
In some books, why do they have blank pages at the very end?
Why can't donuts be square?
Why put a towel in the dirty clothes basket if when you get out of the shower you are clean?
What happens to an irresistible force when it hits an immovable object?
If there's a speed of sound and a speed of light is there a speed of smell?
Why do overalls have bel loops, since they are held up at the top by the straps?
Do people in prison celebrate halloween... if so how?
Do the security guards at airports have to go through airport security when they get to work?
Why are all of the Harry Potter spells in Latin if they're English?
What do Greeks say when they don't understand something?
What happens if a queen gives birth to a pair of siamese twins? Who gets to be king?
Do all-boys schools have girls bathrooms? Conversely, do all-girls schools have boys bathrooms?
What would happen to the sea's water level if every boat in the World was taken out of the water at the same time?
How come you never see a billboard being put up by the highway?
Do the English people eat English muffins, or are they just called muffins?
How much deeper would the ocean be if sponges didn't grow in it?
Why do they call it the Department of Interior when they are in charge of everything outdoors?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

rajkamal02-Sookie-jazzerette.Lena.

.Lena.

IF-Rockerz

.Lena.

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 2:21pm | IP Logged

@Aahaana

This is the most random questions i hav ever seen. ROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sookie-

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aahaana

Congrats SookieEmbarrassed

Thanks Aahaana :-)

Here is few warmer upsLOL

Do you yawn in your sleep? 

I don't know. Once I get the CCTV recording which was done while I was sleeping last night, I can check and confirm. Or to be thorough, I might as well check for past one month just in case. Sounds cool?

Do glow-in-the-dark objects stop glowing when somebody turns the lights on? 

It's little complicated than that. Glow-in-the-dark takes a very long hike when the lights are on since they have issues with co-habitation. As soon as the lights go off, glow-in-the-dark is summoned by the objects associated with them and they start glowing. (Its a case of break-up gone messy)

How come lemon washing up liquid contains real lemons, but lemon juice contains artificial flavorings.

Simple! Since all lemons are utilized for washing liquid no lemons are left for lemon juice. So they use artificial flavorings. Once we run out of artificial flavorings, we may even start using liquid soap as a substitute for lemon juice. 

Do you wake up or open your eyes first?

It's different actually. In my semi-sleep state, I grope around for my laptop, login and hit F5. Two seconds later I open my eyes to slashdot.org. Four hours later, I wake up.

Did Noah have woodpeckers on the ark? If he did, where did he keep them?

Who doesn't? He kept it in a cage right next to phoenix. It was guarded by unicorns since woodpecker would probably wood-peck (closely related to henpeck) Noah's ark.

Why are builders afraid to have a 13th floor but book publishers aren't afraid to have a Chapter 11?

Writers are coolest form of Homo Sapiens. That's all there is to it.

How do you handcuff a one-armed man?

There is no need to do that. Simply ask him to wave a "hello hi bye bye" (okay, I can't believe I actually wrote that and it rang in my mind in Maami-ji's accent!!) to people and he will be occupied.

If the FBI breaks your door down do they have to pay for it?

You watch a lot of television lady. Come to my house and check the number of deadbolts I have on one inch thick teak door. They need a SWAT team to break the door open with that huge log thingy they use; if they are lucky, that is. I might actually open the door for those bozos for the racket they would be making outside my house. If they even scratch it, am suing them for vandalism of personal property.

In some books, why do they have blank pages at the very end?

It's like Death Note. (Heard of that Manga/Anime/Live action? Where if you write name of a person in the book and then they die within few seconds.) Only that there is no death but the reader get to vent out their frustration by writing made-up curses on author or the characters of the book.

Its cheap psychotherapy, really.

Why can't donuts be square?

World is obsessed with Circles and it has become the default Shape of any edible object. That's why. I mean you have pies, pizzas, laddus, dosa, idly all in circular shape including donut. Frankly I believe circle is extremely overrated. Its time square or polygon to take the podium. 

Why put a towel in the dirty clothes basket if when you get out of the shower you are clean?

I completely agree with this. But my mom doesn't, unfortunately.

What happens to an irresistible force when it hits an immovable object?

Twilight Saga happens. (I won't explain any further.) :D

If there's a speed of sound and a speed of light is there a speed of smell?

Of course there is! Speed of smell is directly proportional to sanity of the person and inversely proportional to the level of stinkiness.

formula is,

sm = l * S/ss

where,

sm = Speed of smell

l = lambda, constant, also called as rotting factor which is 1.4 for food items. (Refer handbook to know constant value for other items)

ss = level of stinkiness - logarithmic factor derived after referring a table (similar to Clark tables) which has items emitting smell, days in rotting condition and stink factor all combined in one.

Why do overalls have belt loops, since they are held up at the top by the straps?

Either people are greedy for wearing too many accessories or too paranoid to leave the thing alone. Had I been the designer for overalls, I would have introduced something like garter on it too. Can't trust straps and belts these days, you know?

Do people in prison celebrate halloween... if so how?

Of course they do! But not when the rest of the world celebrates. You should be in prison for one whole year and only then you will know the secret halloween celebrations. I can't tell you cause am sworn to secrecy. So sorry.

Do the security guards at airports have to go through airport security when they get to work?

Actually yes, for a fact. A close friend's brother works at Airport as a security guard so I actually know answer to this one!!! :D :D

Why are all of the Harry Potter spells in Latin if they're English?

Also reason why more than half the stuff in medical school textbooks are in Latin. Latin is dead language and the only way to keep it alive is shove it down the throats of us very much alive people.

Besides world thinks that anything in Latin gives an aura of authority and tinges it with ancient mystic crap. Can't help if JKR was a sucker for that.

What do Greeks say when they don't understand something?

"I don't know" in Greek. Seriously, "Its all Greek to me" - who says that these days? I don't. I mean I had to Google this question to figure out what the heck it meant :D

What happens if a queen gives birth to a pair of siamese twins? Who gets to be king?

Incomplete question. The twins are boys or girls? (*sniggers* after cleverly escaping from further thinking to answer the random question)

Do all-boys schools have girls bathrooms? Conversely, do all-girls schools have boys bathrooms?

Do all-boys schools have only men teachers? Do all-girls schools have only women teachers? If yes, then can this be guaranteed for future too? If yes, then its sexist. If no, then you gotta have it. :-)

Here is a real life incident:

I was working in Swiss 3 years ago and the building I was working in had 3 floors in which only the top floor had ladies room with single stall. The reason - in the entire building, there were only three women (including me) employees. But as per regulations, they cannot not have a ladies room in a work environment :-)

What would happen to the sea's water level if every boat in the World was taken out of the water at the same time?

No change! Because whenever a boat goes in, water disperses out. Once boat comes out, water goes in. Voila!

How come you never see a billboard being put up by the highway?

In which country? Come to India, there will be traffic jams on highway because some moron would have created a huge blunder while putting up a road sign, forget billboard, causing every darn car owner to honk as if the collective sound waves of honking will miraculously solve the problem.

Do the English people eat English muffins, or are they just called muffins?

Do the French people eat French fries, or are they just called fries? Answer to both the questions are same. I think.

How much deeper would the ocean be if sponges didn't grow in it?

1445.653637365 kilometers. The data is 100% accurate and 101% confidential. Meaning if you tell this number to someone, they won't buy it because they don't know and will call it wrong or laugh on your face. Frankly, that's not my problem.

Why do they call it the Department of Interior when they are in charge of everything outdoors?

Exactly why we say - Intel inside Idiot outside. Apply the same analogy. Besides, Department of Exterior sounds dirty.

Thanks for the quiz Aahaana! I had fun cooking up answers for this one :-)
Sookie

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaanarajkamal02AliceTindepgalmystique_girlrichiiiiibluerose1889Escapistlatekatejazzerette-Aria-ScatteredCastleNewdimebasicquestion1.Lena.had2buTyro

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 4:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Lena.

Name:  Sookie

Student or Employed: Employed

Favorite Couple: Mulder-Scully :-)

What made you fall in love with the couple? Dialogues :-)

Favorite Show: Criminal Minds, X-Files, Kachchi Dhoop, Dhadkan (Sony TV, long time ago)

How did you come to know about the show?: Watched promos. Kachchi Dhoop was recommended by mom as it was aired in late 80s on DD1.

Who is your favorite FF writer?: Olive.Green, Devi, Hasini, NJ

Who is your favorite author? Many. Philip.K.Dick, E.A.Poe, N.Gaiman, O.Wilde, R.Feynman, I.Asimov, A.C.Clarke, H.Murakami, Ruskin Bond, R.K.Naryanan, Saki

What is your favorite book? - Many. O'Henry's OS collection, John Updike's OS collection, Exodus, Swami and his friends, Norwegian Wood (current favorite), The Sandman

What is your favorite movie? Too Many. Most Hitchcock movies, many B rated horror movies, political thrillers, dumb and dumber, Zoolander, too big to fail.

What was the last song you heard? Lollipop by The Chordettes

What was the last song you liked? - "The Sun" by K.Will (Korean song)

When did you start writing? - Summer of 2005

What inspired you to write? - Boredom and stress.

One thing you will never forget after writing your first FF: "Not everyone will like your writing. As far as you like whatever you write, you will be fine."

One thing you will forever regret after writing your first FF: "The title could have been much cooler."

What do you usually do to get you into mood of writing the next part? Depends on the FF. For some it's a planned activity. For some a line or a song or a word or a picture or a dialogue should strike me so hard that I can't do anything but write.

When did the first idea of your FF click in? - During a road trip in 2005.

Does your FF relate to you in any way? - Nope.

How does it feel to be the Writer of the Week? Big smile - Totally and absolutely overwhelming as it was least expected.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

rajkamal02AliceT..KaJenDelena..richiiiiiEscapistlatekatemystique_girlbluerose1889bhoomikauttamjazzeretteNewdimebasicquestion1Tyro

Newdime

IF-Dazzler

Newdime

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 6:57pm | IP Logged
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one (Sookie) who knows how to combine them.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rajkamal02-Sookie-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top