Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Buaji versus Mamji

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

uniquebluerose

IF-Dazzler

uniquebluerose

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 12:06am | IP Logged

Before starting the post here goes disclaimer "I solemnly declare that I am no die hard fan of either Buaji or Mamiji and feel that though they both have given their own lighter moments, both have irritated me to the core" Wink

I guess when CVs created their character both were in essential the stereotype elders most of us have in our home who unfortunately mention or say the most uncomfortable thing/questions and they have a habit of telling in totally outspoken way what they believe the truthCry

Maamiji with her small town and humble background is now a part of rich house and now she feels heavy jewelry and English (how ever stupid she sounds or wrongly she pronounces) is necessary to maintain her status.Dead

Buaji is typical middle class old widow who is trying to save money and welcomes any source of income that seemingly comes for her form a sensible source.

Dead

Both are adamant and stick to their beliefs and so are similar in many ways.Ouch

Very early in the serial Maamiji has shown her devotion and love for her family in her own ways in many instances I still recall how she verbally and physically assaulted the woman who was questioning Anjali regarding her husband and making Anjali upset. I also guess no one can forget when La was about to come to RM for Live in, there were two ladies who came gossiping and she shut them up in minutes by bringing our skeleton hidden in their cupboard. Clap

But soon I lost the passion for her especially when she seemed to have unsaid/unexplainable hatred towards middle class girls esp Gupta sisters and I can still not forget how she managed to damage the Saree and make Khushi lose a reliable source of income, (probably without it the office track would not have come) cheating/lying is strict no no when assessing a person, and she definitely crossed the limits when she went out spoil the sweets that were prepared by the Gupta sisters, at any case a sweet contract would not have done anything for the sisters but then Khushi's devi maiyya, played a upper hand there and ensured Khushi's entry in RM. Obviously Mami was irked, soon she took to taunting Khushi then she also made Payal a target when opportunity presented itself.DeadAngry

Somewhere then I felt she was OTT and found it difficult to laugh at her antics anymore.

Buaji managed to irk us in the beginning by being downright stingy and blaming Khushi for all the fiasco, her liking for Shyam is something indigestible but the one of these days we also managed to see a soft side of her. Esp when Khushi and Payal  were about to leaveand during the sweet shop opening and the contract she seemed to care about them (she even pawned her bangles!!!! despite her stinginess).Her sometimes irritating nature was probably more from the financial issue she was having. We all have to remember that only we know Shyam's dark side and she being the helpless widow for whom the pension case is handled by him and moreover he is source of her regular income by being a paying guest cum family member for whom she has taken a instant liking. Her matchmaking instincts were natural especially when she saw that Shyam was rather taken by Khusi. She being a loving sister of her brother for whom also the financial front seemed rather dark saw Shyam as ideal son-in-law DeadDeadDeadfor her brother and probably assumed that Khushi is the one of the burden on Shashi's shoulder. In her excitement to lift the burden of his shoulders, she fails to see the disapproval and suspicion of her brother.

I show how find it possible see buaji POV (I repeat I do not agree with her but can understand her POV) as I myself had relative who with her matchmaking skills anted me too very badly marry a guy whom she knew and liked and was literally forcing me to meet him. She even went to the extent of brainwashing my parents and refusing to talk to me and my parents till I agreed upon the relationship. Thankfully the guy fell in love with some one else and I was left in peace. For her Shyam is savior who saved her brother and who is gentle man helping an old lady with pension case as well as financially so her liking for Shyam is OK

Mami in her own way met my disapproval when she took liking for Lavanya just because the girl was always thinking of her beauty, make up and diet and was from rich back ground. She never worried if the girl was suitable is such a house hold nor is worrying about such aspects when she is trying to make Aakash like the rich models she is showing. Her impression of wanting a rich and beautiful model as DIL reminds me of a small girl wanting a very costly and beautiful Barbie doll in childhood which financially may not be possible and breaking the dolls that are good enough and available at present thus of course is totally unjustified demand. Maamiji herself being from humble background demanding ah high profile DIL is something I do not understand a logic or is she behind the dowry or something that stupid.,

Probably we would all dislike mamiji as much as we do Buaji now if she found vamp like girl for Akaash (probably not even then as he is not the lead and he is not our Barun) or if in future Lavanya becomes negative (god forbid) and mamiji plays a typical villainess by helping her or by creating havoc in the lead pairs life.

But even with such similarities I find Buaji a tad better than Mamiji as Buaji till has taken steps only for her family and what she thinks is best and not spoilt other peoples effort to judge some one based on the financial status like maamiji does which is inexcusable as far as I am concerned.

Sorry for rambling guys purely my thoughts but penny for you thoughts

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

smitar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Buaji versus Mamji" in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Kamalika..

IF-Rockerz

Kamalika..

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 3:14am | IP Logged
i

uniquebluerose

IF-Dazzler

uniquebluerose

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 6:33am | IP Logged
is my topic so horrible that no one bothered to reply

simbel

Groupbie

simbel

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 7:37am | IP Logged
I liked your analysis! And I can definitely agree that Buaji, as much as she's irritating, is actually a kind soul, whereas Mamiji sometimes just seems evil :/

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.