Diya Aur Baati Hum

India-Forums

TOI: Amdavadis love me a lot-Anas

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

Posted: 21 October 2011 at 7:34pm | IP Logged

AMDAVADIS LOVE ME A LOT 

TV actor Anas Rashid talks at length about television,fitness and his Gujarat connect,in an interview 

Shruti Jambhekar 

He weilded the sword with flourish in the historical show,Prithviraj Chauhan,played the romantic lead in the afternoon soap,Aise Karo Na Vida and is now back in another starring role in the prime time daily Diya Aur Baati Hum.Anas Rashid was in town to promote his show and got into the festive mode as he hopped over to light some diyas,burst a few crackers.Once the photoshoot wrapped up,Anas got talking shop.He admitted with a visible sigh of relief,It is a great feeling to be back on prime time after almost three years.I knew that Id be back with a bang and here Im ! 
In real life,Anas confesses that he relates upto 90 per cent with this screen character.The only difference is Im arrogant,while Sooraj is not like that. Anas,like most of his contemporaries had no plans to becoming an actor.I tried various things like a job in marketing,I owned a restaurant,then bought a gymnasium,an apparel boutique and lots more.Later on when friends insisted I try out modeling,I did a Punjabi music video.I shot lots of music videos and thought Id give TV a shot.Thats when I moved to Mumbai. He made his debut in Ekta Kapoors Kahiin Toh Hoga,where he essayed the role of Kartik Ahluwalia.Since then,theres no looking back for this hard-working actor.
As someone whos been part of the television industry for five years,says theres been tremendous change in television industry over the last few years.The economic slowdown dealt a big blow and top actors were sidelined for almost three years.Only now the good times are rolling as the soaps are made on huge budgets. He goes on to add,I too had to compromise on my salary when I was doing Aise Karo Na Vida,as the producers and channels talked of the soap being telecast on afternoon slot and I had to abide by it.I had no choice because as an actor its important to be visible,or else you lose out to competition.
What does he think of the small screens tilt towards small towns/ rural areas in terms of content.Well,majority of population in our country resides in small towns and villages.I come from a small town myself.Frankly speaking,when I did Kahiin Toh Hoga,it was tough to relate to a family having 300-400 crore business et al.At least now,common people can relate to the content on TV shows. 
A fitness freak,Anas confesses,I am very conscious about my diet and exercise.Infact,I have reduced a lot for the current soap because post Aise Karo Na Vida,I had put on some on weight. 
Anas whos been to Ahmedabad several times says with a smile,I have stopped counting the number of times I have visited Ahmedabad! I love this city for the immense love I get from the people here. It doesnt end here,Anas has a deep connection with Vadodara too,I stayed in Vadodara for two years when I was shooting Prithviraj Chauhan.I loved food,culture and a smalltown feeling it gave me,and of course,Barodians have showered a lot of love on me.I miss Vadodara so many times, he signs off.

Anas Rashid with co-actor Deepika Singh get in the festive mood 

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next]

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

dent4uMizhilarimel22harathi5b2011monika_2691DEBOLINA96nikhilsahaiC_O_O_LRose_Petal_mahi_mIsHeZ.xarshi_karishDreamygal301sita11ChillMaarYaar

monika_2691 Goldie
monika_2691
monika_2691

Posted: 21 October 2011 at 9:12pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing...its a nice article... Tongue
Mizhi Senior Member

Posted: 21 October 2011 at 10:56pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

monika_2691

b2011 Coolbie
b2011
b2011

Posted: 21 October 2011 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing.
preethi12345 Goldie
preethi12345
preethi12345

Posted: 21 October 2011 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
tanx 4 shrng ...
-Ramya- Viewbie
-Ramya-
-Ramya-

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 4:58am | IP Logged
he is arrogant in real life ConfusedOuch LOL

tnq fr sharing Embarrassed
sita11 IF-Stunnerz
sita11
sita11

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 5:43am | IP Logged
i hv seen read and seen every interview of anas till now (counting from his Prithviraj chauhan days ) ...yes he did the great role of Prithviraj chauhan superbly ...that show was of sagar arts and was entirely made at the Vadodara Sagar city ...
in real life he has tremendous respect for women ..as he has got his own  sisters ..he said in one of his interviews that he always respect women...he loves his dear mother and sisters like a caring son and caring brother respectively...he did wrestling .he even practiced wrestling with the known Indian wrestler Khali ...when he used to stay at punjab...
he is a subtle and a very decent man ...all his costars and his produers hv always praised him...all the very best to ANAS ...
Tongue

Edited by sita11 - 22 October 2011 at 5:47am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ChillMaarYaar

sita11 IF-Stunnerz
sita11
sita11

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 5:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Ramyaks--

he is arrogant in real life ConfusedOuch LOL

tnq fr sharing Embarrassed

NO ramya he is not ..i think he refers that he always stick to his rules...if he doesnt feel like doing anything then no one can compel him to do ...becaz he only do the things when his heart is into it...
having known him for last 4-5 years ...i can say he is gem of a person ...every PRCian (prithviraj chauhan fans ) knows that Smile
i remember how he refused to do a performance at star parivar awards all becaz he didnot like the concept ..in his views it was a kind of insult for the historical hero Prithviraj Chauhan to do a performance on the songs of the movie Jodha -Akbar ...

Edited by sita11 - 22 October 2011 at 5:50am

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index