Kuch Toh Log Kehenge
Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

India-Forums

DNA: Diwali special on TV screens-Kritika

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

Posted: 21 October 2011 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
Diwali special on TV: Lighting up the small tube!
Published: Friday, Oct 21, 2011, 9:42 IST 
By Prachi Kadam | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA
Shah Rukh Khan and Kareena Kapoor shake a leg on a show
DNA

Festive fervour's catching up on the small screen and the race across TV channels for airing their Diwali special episodes or one hour special shows has already begun. As the tube has gone through an intensive makeover in last the decade, so have these Diwali bonanza programs.

DNA finds out more from small screen pundits about what makes these programs so special amongst the audiences and gets an insight of the tube's Diwali fixation.

Producer Raakesh Paswan of Zee TV's Afsar Bitiya says, "During festive season, the audience watches less TV, so channels have highlight these special episodes to attract the audience. People relate with festive culture as they are in a festive mood. Weaving authentic festivities in the storyline make it that much more appealing and fitting suitable naach gaana also helps."

According to Hawan's producer Rajan Shahi, seeing the characters celebrate Diwali is a high point for audiences. "Diwali special episodes should fit in as the part of storyline beautifully. Viewers love to see their favourite show characters celebrating Diwali and happiness of characters in the show is what audiences connect with as they are too in the festive mood. The celebration should not be loud and should be real," he says.

But such special episodes means more work for actors who are part of such shows. One such actress who will be working is Kritika Kamara as she will have to skip her trip home on Diwali. She says, "I have always celebrated Diwali with my family, but this year because of hectic shoot schedules, I am unable to visit home. IfI do get a day off, I will light candles and spend good time with friends in Mumbai itself."

Actor Sameer Soni who is currently working round the clock for his show Parichay has been lucky compared to his contemporaries as he will take a mini break for the first time ever since the show began. "I celebrate Diwali with my family in Delhi and this year is no different as I and my wife will go to Delhi and celebrate the festival of lights with our family. I believe Diwali is one of the rare occasions, where all friends and family get together and spend time with each other," says Sameer.

Paswan also feels that besides the regular characters of the serials attendance by Bollywood stars on shows, add to the interest levels of the audiences. "Off late many Bollywood actors have come in as special guests for such special shows. It is either as part of their movie promotions or as a friendly gesture. And this does add zing amongst the audiences to see how their favourite actors blend along with the TV stars and the concept of the show," he adds.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Ahlaweyajustpratichristiandior.cuttiee...RamonaG....Anjalii...xXx

cuttiee IF-Sizzlerz
cuttiee
cuttiee

Posted: 21 October 2011 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
thanxx 4 sharing...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4eva

KaranKittu4eva Goldie
KaranKittu4eva
KaranKittu4eva

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 3:21am | IP Logged
TFS
Hv Fun Kitto celebrating Diwali with the Vehla group. Lol
Sux first Diwali without family atleast Karan should be back;)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

justprati

rimitimi2000 IF-Dazzler
rimitimi2000
rimitimi2000

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 3:34am | IP Logged
NICE
pari_15 IF-Rockerz
pari_15
pari_15

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 3:47am | IP Logged
Aww...Poor kittu...she wont be with her family..

But i hope she has loads of fun with d vela gang...
christiandior. Viewbie
christiandior.
christiandior.

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 4:03am | IP Logged
Yeah, I'm sure KK is already back in Mumbai, so Kittu will definitely have an amazing Diwali <3
Roopal_ArDi IF-Stunnerz
Roopal_ArDi
Roopal_ArDi

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing
haaye meri bebo so cuteDay Dreaming

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anshul_002MaYur_AbhiSh

aparna4karanika IF-Rockerz
aparna4karanika
aparna4karanika

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
dnt wry kittu..i hope atleast karan cm to mumbai

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index