Fan Fictions

Someone Like You (Ch12 - pg33) ArHi FF (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 43

Nali4180

Groupbie

Nali4180

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
Hi guys! Hoped you liked the last part. Here's some more to get your teeth into. I'm surprised at how quickly im updating too! LOL
Sorry about the random bits of attempted hindi, sometimes thing just sound better that way, well to me anyway. Ok that's enough of me. Here's Chapter 3!

Chapter 3

"I want answers and I want them fast!" With that Arnav slammed the phone down. He looked about his office in frustration. His security detail had come up with nothing so far, the Gupta family's tenancy was probably informal and he didn't want to resort to having the family home watched, yet.

His thoughts were filled with Khushi and for once he didn't push her away.

Everything about her captivated him. He was mesmerized by her beauty, her kindness, her traditional girl next door values. When he had first seen her, on the catwalk, it had taken awhile for to realise something had gone wrong. It was if the magical creature had appeared out of nowhere. A faerie made for him alone. But reality had crashed down quickly after. Looking back now, without anger, he realised Kushi had always got under his skin. With her innocence and great belief in her Devi Mayya.

However, that was the problem; she touched him deep down in his heart where he allowed no one but his Di. And this Shyam business didn't help, this was only second to the time she had said she was leaving. During the former incedent, he had then been on a brink of offering her anything to stay. What could he do this time? How was he to fight off this other man? But there was one thing he was glad of. He had an excuse to fall back on for his behaviour, that Sashi had chosen him to protect his daughter, to kepp her out of danger.

Arnav looked at the phone again and happily set about getting this Shyam out of his Khushi's life.

He picked it up and dialed security. "Have you found anything yet?"

Khushi walked into her home, her mind still focused on Arnav, when suddenly her Jiji appeared before her, a worried look on her face.

"Khushi, thank goodness your home!" she said grabbing Kushi's hand.

"Jiji, what's wrong?" she hurriedly asked, panic filling her.

"It's Babu-ji, I've been trying to awake him for the last half hour but he won't respond." Payal quickly filled Khushi in, as she dragged her younger sister to where Babu-ji was laying still in his bed. Her Amma-ji was sitting by the bedside, crying and Bua-ji was looking worried.

Khushi rushed to his side, "Babu-ji!...Babu-ji!...Babu-ji!", but there was no response from Sashi. No matter how much Khushi urged and shook her father's shoulders, he wouldn't wake up.

"Have you called a doctor, Jiji?" she questioned urgently.

"Shyam-ji has gone to get the one," Payal replied.

Kushi turned to the other's, "You should have called me! I should have been here!". Her guilt and regret adding to the panic.

"Anjali- ji told me you were already on your way home" said Payal.

"Hai, Nand-kesoor, this is probably because Babua has been worried about you girls." Bua-ji pointedly stared at Khushi as she said this.

Before Khushi could say anything in reply, Shyam came through the door with the doctor. When he realised Khushi was there, he smiled to himself before fixing a worried look to his face.

"I've brought the doctor Bua-ji" he said before he turned to the doctor. "Please doctor, help Mosa-ji". The doctor gave Shyam a knowing look and got to work.

The family waited tensely until the doctor finished his examination.

"It looks like the patience is in a coma" He told family, a sad look on his face.

"A coma? How could this have happened, Nand-kesoor" Bua-ji put a hand to her head.

"It could be because of stress, he had a stroke recently I understand. All we can do is wait for him to come out of the coma. I'm sorry I can't help you." With that the doctor got up to leave and Shyam saw him off. None of the ladies realised when Shyam paid the doctor, he gave him extra for a great performance.

When he returned, it was to Bua-ji giving a lecture. His plan had worked to his satisfaction.

"I told you Garima, I told you what Babua wanted. Look at the result of not listening to his wishes. He's in a coma! Hai Nand-kesoor!" Garima didn't look like she was listening, she was lost in her own grief.

Bua-ji turned on Khushi, "Do you not care about your Babu-ji's health? Look what's happened because you decided to drag your feet!"

Guilt ate away at Khushi, she couldn't believe that her selfishness had caused her Babu-ji harm. The man who had been a perfect father. Who had had been generous enough to take her in since her parents' death.

"Bua-ji you shouldn't blame Khushi" said Shyam, milking the situation for all it's worth.

"Look how he defends you Khushi, and your turning down his proposal?" Bua-ji couldn't stop herself from adding salt to her wounds.

Khushi couldn't reply, she was at her limit. Instead she ran to her room and threw herself on to her bed. Payal followed her and found Khushi lying face down, crying her heart out.

"Shhh Khushi, don't take what Bua-ji said to heart." Payal said patting her sister's head. She felt sorry for Khushi and wanted to help her with her troubles.

"Jiji, do you think it's my fault?" Khushi mumbled. Her head still buried in her arms.

"Of course not Khushi!", she tried to reassure her sister. "Halat he kuch aisai hi hai". She added simply.

Kushi finally looked at her sister, the serious look didn't suit Kushi's face. "Jiji do you think I should say yes to Shyam-ji's proposal?".

Payal thought carefully before answering. "Khushi, only say yes if your happy with the decision. Babu-ji would want you to be happy more than anything else".

"Par Jiji, if it was in your power to help relieve Babu-ji's worries, wouldn't you do whatever was needed?" Payal couldn't answer her sister.

With that both sister's fell into silence.

Shyam stood outside the sisters' room. Everything was going according to plan. He knew Khushi would say yes, with enough emotional blackmail that is. The sleeping pills had been a stroke of genius. The actor he had bribed had been worth every penny and Bua-ji had helped everything along.

Khushi was already his. When his father-in-law to-be awoke from his drugged sleep, he would happily pass on the news.

Edited by Nali4180 - 05 November 2011 at 5:28pm

The following 77 member(s) liked the above post:

berttwinstar46rockinggirl555mukitzzswati2011sanjana_kapoorarnashikk10Merphopalonggoblinmarishka.khanashnaMaharajmistletoe22Arshinmegurukhushhasheyvrinda725Asvatichibisuke..anisha..ahensevenkelowna16Silvergirlhillyjoa123Super.womanCrazySaRunianayesha786xxxarshi10arshiipkknd_gbdfanjessjazzfatima2603lovespellasumiVixenCatVsc94Jasleenmeem17Honkytonkvidya.sanjayAshaviRozy77mirnalini-sia-Yazzy91immayurfanNanthini9cpervaizdmg_roks_antaraSS88segadbluedreamz953devishreeFebruaryFlowerIPKKNDkaur92nishi-Garima-littlemoisharneil92N0306devsumLove_SAFAYKHAN29zafi--Siva--ushankitvc1chillyTitaliya_APHansaNPrinsesse.Suvi.Saraa.veracitySuchi.R-JollyJabeen-summaiyasayeddumasprincessunara

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Someone Like You (Ch12 - pg33) ArHi FF (Page 3)" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Garima-

IF-Dazzler

-Garima-

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
Ahhh omg! Shyam is so evil! =/

I hope Khushi doesn't fall in to his trap, and I reallyyy hope Arnav comes to her rescue! But great update! :) The ending is very suspenseful. Update soon! :)

--Garima

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nali4180

-Zara-

IF-Rockerz

-Zara-

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
omg! shyam is such a cruel b******!! where is arnav man!!lol
khushi you shud tell arnav what happened!! :P

xxx

Nali4180

Mitrashakti

Goldie

Mitrashakti

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
Very nice. Please add me in your pm list. The update was really nice.

Anu

Nali4180

Yazzy91

Goldie

Yazzy91

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
Shyam is pureee evil!!! Nice update! xxx

Nali4180

Nali4180

Groupbie

Nali4180

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 3:27pm | IP Logged
Hey guys, thanks for the positive response. I'll try and update soon!! Embarrassed

veracity

IF-Sizzlerz

veracity

Posted: 23 October 2011 at 9:10am | IP Logged
I'm reviewing both chapters at once so forgive me if I overlook something. The 'jalebi juncture' as I shall refer to it was splendidly in character as we know Khushi is a worry-eater but the line about 'eating them out of house and home' amused me as it's that dry sarcasm of Arnav that we all love. Plus, he has that feigned detachment in place that he refuses to outrightly ask about Shyam, and when he does get a chance his jealousy gets the better of him and he switches back to his abrupt mode. Good thing ASR is renowned for his prickly demeanor or else Khushi might have sensed his jealousy. Or not since it is KKG we're talking about, the one who fussed about him beating up the goons for pushing her without taking it to it's rightful conclusion.

Arnav is smart. He went straight to looking for a paper trail for this guy but why can't he get desperate enough to go on a stake-out outside her home! Or am I jumping ahead as it'd be too hard to justify him stalking her yet if Khushi is in danger due to her tenant than presumably so is the rest of the family? Oh can you maybe get Arnav to take Akash to meet Payal so he can indirectly hit her up for more info on Shyam. (okay so that is my thinly veiled attempt to ask for an Akash-Payal scene since I like these too as much as ArHi).

Shyam is one cunning villain in this fic. Faking the coma to increase the pressure on Khushi. Only does this mean he will keep Shashi drugged until they are at the mandap? I hope Khushi somehow has a mini breakdown in front of Arnav again so he learns of her impending marriage but not until we see more jealousy from him. I want the J factor to make him more expressive despite it going against his carefully built up armour.

Alas, I must point out I adore your style of writing. It's really descriptive and well paced.

Edited by pardesii - 23 October 2011 at 9:25am

Sanz.

IF-Stunnerz

Sanz.

Posted: 23 October 2011 at 9:14am | IP Logged
Loved Reading This . Day Dreaming Do Continue Soonishhh Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top