Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rozinab thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Thanks for the PM really nice update! Can't wait to read the next part! Arhi scene!!!
jenshad thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Lovely Part :)) πŸ˜³
Nali4180 thumbnail
Engager 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: pardesii

Reserved.

I shall R & R later.

Great progression of the story so far though and at a glance I saw that you incorporated A-P too. Thanks for catering to fan service.

Thanx for all you fantastic critiques. Cant wait to read your next one!!!
.Saraa. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
jst read all updates..plz do pm m ewhen u nxt update..its nice
FebruaryFlower thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Nice one Nali!!
Poor Dev...had he stayed there any longer, I'm sure Arnav would have put him through the wall!!
Looking forward to the next.
Thanks for the PM!!
😊
prishanthi thumbnail
you excellent writer. i check website everyday. must read next part now. shyam is evil. no let him hurt our khushi.
prishanthi thumbnail
dark beautiful arnav to rescue!!!! very happy you know i want arnav/khushi scene. please update.

also please send website to me for chapter if this is ok by pm? it take time for me to find chapter fast. thank you.

keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nali4180 thumbnail
Engager 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 3
Happy Diwali Everyone, Here's my Diwali present to you guys, an extra long post. Hope you guys like it and be nice enough to give me a present by reviewing!!! (Please do). Someone pointed out to me I was spelling Khushi's name wrong so I've fixed it. Hopefully you guys like my first attempt at real romance. 

Here we go:  

Chapter 6

Akash had checked in on Nani, as his mother had told him to. As he had expected, his mother had lied, Nani didn't need him urgently for anything.  

Akash was passing Arnav's room when the man himself walked out. Both men were lost in thoughts of the sisters and ended up colliding with each other.

"Oh sorry, Bhai. I didn't look where I was going". Akash apologised.  

"No, it's ok, I wasn't looking where I was going either". Taking it in his stride. If nothing else, Arnav wouldn't take his frustrations out on his cousin. But he wondered what had led to Akash bumping into him, he looked upset about something.

"You look worried" Arnav pointed out. Akash was surprised that he had picked up on it. He wanted to tell Arnav about the incident in the front hall but he didn't think his cousin would be accepting of his feelings as Anjali-di had been. Instead he latched onto the thing he had overheard the girls discussing.

"Did you know Khushi is getting married?" Maybe Arnav would be kinder to the girl if he knew she would be soon be kept busy with married life .

Arnav was horrified at the news. This wasn't about a man who could potentially take Khushi away, this stranger already had. His Khushi being anyone else's, it made him feel sick.

She should only be his, the girl who talked back to him, that told him what she thought of him. Who blatantly disregarded what he told her and had the affront to disagree with him. The girl who believed in her Devi Mayya above all else. That Khushi was his to take a hold of and to never let go, and no logic could get in the way of this feeling.

Arnav grabbed his cousin by the shoulders. "Is this true? How do you know this?"

Akash was shocked at his aggressive behavior. "I accidentally overheard Payal-ji and Khushi-ji discussing it". But that thought led back to Payal and Akash was lost again. Finally, he made up his mind to go and seek her out.

"Bhai, I'm going to go, I've got something important to do", When Arnav didn't stop him, Akash decided to leave him with his thoughts.

The hours in the day sped by for Arnav. Before he had realised it was evening and all the while he had been pacing up and down his room. It was time for the party and the guests had started arriving. Arnav hadn't gone down for the Diwali veneration, citing his usual excuses. At present, he went to his closet and started rifling through his shirts. The same closet Khushi had seemed to magically appear in, when he thought she was gone forever. Just the mere reminder of her and he was lost in her thoughts again.

He had to admit to himself, if he had seen Khushi today, he knew he wouldn't have been able to hold himself back. He would have to wait until he calmed down; maybe tomorrow he would be able to look at her without it ending in him doing something irreversible. She would have probably gone home now to her family.

And maybe meet her fiance along the way? His heart whispered. He dropped onto his bed in despair; shoulders hunched forward, his face in his hands. That stray thought brought him back to the beginning of the vicious cycle of his thoughts.

Damn it, why hadn't Dev taken the picture of the temple guy. Arnav was sure he was the fiance. At least if he knew what the guy looked like he could go out and beat him into a pulp, for even looking in his Khushi's direction. That idea had him rising to his feet again. He turned around and looked unseeingly at the bed. At the spot Lavanya had sat in, fully decked out as a bride. But his mind played tricks on him, as he imagined her liftng her veil, he saw Khushi's cherubic face peaking out, smiling at him.

"Arrey Chote, what are you doing? Why aren't you dressed?" Arnav looked at his sister who had entered unnoticed, his vision of Khushi vanishing into thin air.

"Uh, Di, What are you doing here?" As he finally registered what she had asked him he answered. "I was just about to get ready." She gestured for him to go ahead and when he moved to do so, she left the room.

Arnav had to leave his thoughts about Khushi behind, for now, and get ready, which he found especially difficult at the moment. The faster the party was over, the more time he would have to think about his next move.

Khushi was about to leave, when Anjali-ji came rushing to her in the front hall.

"Khushi, I need a huge favour, could you please stay? I know it's a lot to ask but I'm swamped. I really need someone to oversee that the food gets out on time. Could you stay an extra hour? I want to make today perfect for him." Khushi saw the desperation on Anjali's face and realised the "him" she was referring to, her absent husband.

Khushi couldn't help but feel bad for her.

"Anjali-ji I wish I could help but I'm not dressed appropriately to even be helping at a party". Khushi pointed to the stain on her kurti.

Anjali looked and could make out the stain on her dress, she could only guess it was jalebi batter.

"Oh don't worry, you can wear some of my clothes", Anjali was happy she had solved the issue. Khushi had no way to refuse.

"Anjali-ji, I can't do that" But Anjali stopped any argument. "Of course you can, you'll be doing me a favour by wearing them". Khushi couldn't think of way to get out of it and truthfully she did want to help Anjali.

"Ok, then Anjali-ji, I'll stay to help out". As soon as the words were out of her mouth, Anjali pulled Khushi along, sending her into Lavanya's old room.

"Just wait here, I'll bring the clothes". And left as quickly as she had come.

While Khushi waited for her return, she quickly gave Payal a call about the change of plans. "I'll try to be back as soon as I can Jiji." She said as she ended the call.

"Here we go Khushi-ji, your outfit for this evening", Anjali held in her hands a beautiful deep purple sari, its blouse was covered in silver filigree. It looked like stars were peaking out from the silky fabric.

"Anjali-ji I can't wear this!" Khushi exclaimed, feeling intimidated by sight of such an extravagant garment. But Anjali wouldn't hear any of it.

"Of course you can, and I'll quickly help you get dressed. People are still arriving, using my last few minutes on you is the least I can do." With that Anjali got Khushi ready. She lightly did her make up and let out her hair, letting it flow down her bare back. She added a silver and purple flower clip as a finishing touch.

"There! You're ready to go", As Anajli looked at Khushi, even she was in awe of her beauty. Khushi had always been a pretty girl but now she looked breathtakingly elegant. As Khushi looked she could not believe the girl in the mirror was her.

"Come, we should head downstairs" Khushi nodded in agreement, still slightly dazed from the shock of the transformation. In the end, it took Anjali dragging her downstairs for them to be in time for the start of the party.

Arnav stood in a small alcove, watching the guests mingling, while holding a glass of wine from his private stock. He knew he would need the alcohol to get through the evening and left his guests to drink the lemonade. He was already bored and he'd only been in attendance for ten minutes. His failed relationship with Lavanya had caused some gossip but he'd learnt people would talk no matter what. Di had set up this party as a celebration of Diwali and also as a homage to her husband. His Jiju, the hard worker bee, who still hadn't made an appearance. Big shock there.

As Arnav gave the place a once over, seeing the diyas lit everywhere, something caught his attention. A lady in a lovely purple sari seemed familiar to him. Was she a model he had worked with? He could only see her alluring back as she talked to a waiter.  

As if answering his silent request, she deigned to turned around.

His vision had never been filled with such a beautiful sight before. It was as if an angel had graced him with her presence. He wouldn't be able to drag his eyes away, even if someone had said the house was falling down around him. She stood across the room from him, but even across the expanse, he couldn't help but drown in the hazel depths of her eyes. Khushi.

Khushi looked up from adjusting the tray that the waiter held. She could feel him close by. Searching the room around her immediately led her to being caught in Arnav's gaze. He was a sight to behold, after days of wanting to see him without interruption; she could finally look at him to her hearts content. He was wearing a black suit with a white crisp shirt and a deep purple waist coat. If we stand together we'll make a matching set. The odd thought made her smile. Arnav-ji.

"Khushi-ji, are the starters set to go out yet?" Anjali asked while trying to see what Khushi was staring at.

Khushi was brought back down to earth with a jolt. She dragged her eyes away from what they yearned for and tried to come back to her senses. "Eh, Kya?"

"Are the starters set to go out?" Anjali repeated, she could only guess where Khushi's attention had wondered to. 

"Yes, Anjali-ji". Khushi focused on her job at hand and nodded to the waiter to start serving.

Twenty minutes later, Khushi finally stepped out into the poolside area for a breath of fresh air. Her job was done for the moment, there were only desserts to go out now. Anjali-ji assured her she could take the time out.

Khushi let her mind drift back to her favourite topic of late. After they had locked eyes across the room, she had constantly felt his presence. In all the time she had been rushing around he had not moved an inch. He just stood there, in his corner, nursing his drink. His aura telling people to stay away. But somewhere deep inside her, she didn't think he would want her to. Was that thought fanciful? But if it was, had he heard her wishes and decided to grant them by not leaving her sight.

Khushi breathed in the tranquillity of the night and looked up to see the diyas of the sky, trying to pinpoint the ones she had earmarked as her parents. As she found them, she felt they were winking at her too, telling her they were watching over her.

Arnav walked into his self-made oasis and found his heart's desire standing looking up at the sky. Her serene expression gave him a feeling of contentment, like nothing else in the world could give him. Without realizing it he started walking towards her, her magnectic attraction drawing him in. His attention focused solely on her, in the semi-darkness he accidently stumbled over one of his smaller plants .

The sound of the pot being knocked over jolted Khushi out of her wonderings. She looked over in Arnav's direction and took in what had happened. Khushi rushed to his side.

"Are you ok, Arnav-ji?" She fretted as she helped him to regain his balance. It was odd to see him not one hundred percent in control of himself.

"I'm fine", He said gripping her arms lightly. He felt the heat come off her skin through the thin material of her short sleeves and unconsciously leaned closer, to inhale her sweet scent.

"Arnav-ji, are you drunk?", She was puzzled by his odd behaviour and could only come up with such a reason.

Truthfully, Arnav had had little to drink that evening. If he was drunk it was the effect of her being near. But he was oddly reluctant to let her know that he was fully aware of what was going on around him.

Just then a sweet melody started playing from within the house.

(Here's the song I have in mind: Navin Kundra  - Tere Liye)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA3xhBfQV1w

As the notes played, a web of magic entangled the two lovers. Sliding his hands up to her shoulders, Arnav drew her close to him. Khushi stiffened when she realised they were chest to chest, that she could feel his entire body pressed against her. Did he think she was someone else?  But then a thought trickled in. Is this the only chance I have to be with him in this way?

Khushi felt helpless at the thought. So her body decided to do what her heart yearned to. It gave in. Kushi relaxed in his hold and brought up her arms to fiercely hug him in return. She could do this, she could live for the moment and in the back of her mind, she realised he probably wouldn't remember this encounter. She was saddened and comforted that she would only have this memory to rely on, in the lonely days to come. 

Slowly, Arnav started to sway to the music, bringing Khushi along with him. Their breath mingling, their heart beats in sync, they were almost one. Their gazes stayed locked with each other, selfishly excluding everything else from their sight. They felt joy in being isolated from the world, the plants hiding them from prying eyes. Arnav knew that she was only his in this moment and it took everything in him to not swoop down and steal a kiss.

The music faded away, it had finished casting its magic on them, but they were reluctant to let go of each other. Khushi felt a number of emotions rush through her and exhaustedly lay her head against his shoulder. She breathed him into her lungs, trying to take him in, keep him in her memory for all eternity. She wished that she could live this moment forever.

Edited by Nali4180 - 12 years ago
AquaBluez17 thumbnail
maybe I be on the pm list too? love the update btw. amazing work
music1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Absoloutely loved it.Can u add me to ur PM list?😊