Debate Mansion

Tidbits, Trivias... Share what you want NEW LINK (Page 95)

Post Reply New Post

Page 95 of 150

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 21 October 2012 at 8:01am | IP Logged

RIP Yesh ji

Edited by Prometeus - 21 October 2012 at 8:01am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

_Angie_return_to_hadesBeyond_the_VeilArwen.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Tidbits, Trivias... Share what you want NEW LINK (Page 95)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 21 October 2012 at 11:47am | IP Logged
RIP Yash ji . He died at Lilavati hospital in Mumbai. Had been admitted for Dengue.  It seems to have affected the whole countryOuch

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Arwen.Vinzy

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 22 October 2012 at 12:14am | IP Logged

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 24 October 2012 at 3:14pm | IP Logged
The little things in life..

"Candy cabbie" Mansoor Khalid gives passengers as much candy as they want.

Now that's one sweet ride. Taxi driver Mansoor Khalid is on a one-man mission to cheer up New Yorkers with a daily dose of candy. "The New York life is not the easy life," Khalid, 36, told the Daily News. "People are depressed. I see a lot of people stressed sitting back there." Khalid is no stranger to stress. He dubbed his taxi the NYC Candy Cab after his 2-year-old son died in April from a long battle with heart disease. "I learned a lot of things," he said of the trauma of losing his child, who underwent two heart transplants and lost a kidney before he passed away. "Life is too short." Khalid, who moved to New York from Pakistan in 1993 and has been driving a cab since 1997, had already seen the impact of small acts of generosity. During the two years he spent in the hospital with his son, he routinely brought coffee and desserts to the doctors and nurses when he got off his shift at 1 a.m. "They got so happy when in the middle of the night I gave every person coffee," he said. "I was so nice to them and they were so nice to me." After his son died, Khalid decided to bring his routine to the people he interacted with every day in his cab. Khalid said he was inspired to do something sweet after the death of his 2-year-old son. "I was very depressed, losing my little boy," he said. "Somehow, God gave me this idea. Now (I'm) chit-chatting and time is flying by!" Though he doesn't eat much candy himself "Skittles, only" Khalid offers a wide variety of sweets, and has started cataloguing his collection on Instagram. Fans can also follow him on Twitter (@CandyCabNYC), and he may even start a blog for his growing following. One such fan was thrilled to discover the cab on a late night out last weekend, and quickly spread the word about him through social media. "We all started freaking out," said David Weiner, 27. "You don't see piles of candy like that in adulthood. It's just one of those things that reminds you you're in New York and anything can happen." And Khalid's unusual project has the full support of the city. "We encourage drivers to go the extra mile in the name of customer service, and Mr. Khalid certainly does this," said Taxi and Limousine Commission boss David Yassky. "We appreciate the loyalty he inspires in his passengers." Loyalty isn't the goal, considering that Khalid responds to every hail, candy or no candy. His mission is to spread warmth. "It's a little thing," he said, "but people get happy."

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

peridot.ethereal.._Angie_Arwen.Vinzy

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

The little things in life..

"Candy cabbie" Mansoor Khalid gives passengers as much candy as they want.

This pic reminds , the corner of my bathtub, its referred to as "The Shampoo Bottle Graveyard"    TongueLOL

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:49pm | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_Angie_

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 25 October 2012 at 11:04am | IP Logged

Medicare... Aussie Style !

The phone rings and the lady of the house answers,

"Hello."

"Mrs. Sanders, please."

"Speaking."

"Mrs. Sanders, this is Doctor Jones at Saint Agnes Laboratory.
When your husband's doctor sent his biopsy to the lab last week, a biopsy from another Mr. Sanders arrived as well...
We are now uncertain which one belongs to your husband.
Frankly, either way the results are not too good."

"What do you mean?" Mrs. Sanders asks nervously.

"Well, one of the specimens tested positive for Alzheimer's and the other one tested positive for HIV.
We can't tell which is which."

"That's dreadful! Can you do the test again?" questioned Mrs.Sanders.

"Normally we can, but MEDICARE will only pay for these expensive tests once."

"Well, what am I supposed to do now?"

"The MEDICARE Helpdesk recommend that you drop your husband off somewhere in the middle of town.

If he finds his way home, don't sleep with him.

peridot.

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 25 October 2012 at 11:31am | IP Logged

peridot.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top