Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Tidbits, Trivias... Share what you want NEW LINK (Page 92)

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 30 September 2012 at 12:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by EroticGauravMad

Sikh woman inspires apology after being mocked online

This photo, surreptitiously taken and posted to Reddit on September 21, 2012, shows Sikh student Balpreet Kaur waiting in a lineup at her college. The photo received a slew of online comments, including one from Kaur herself.

This photo, surreptitiously taken and posted to Reddit on September 21, 2012, shows Sikh student Balpreet Kaur waiting in a lineup at her college. The photo received a slew of online comments, including one from Kaur herself

CTVNews.ca Staff
Published Thursday, Sep. 27, 2012 8:49AM EDT

A Reddit user who thought he would get a few laughs out of posting a picture of a Sikh woman with facial hair ended up getting a little piece of enlightenment instead.

On Sept. 21, a user posted a picture of a young woman on a U.S. college campus who appears to be texting, while carrying a knapsack and waiting in a line at a coffee shop. Like many young women, she sports flip flops, yoga pants, and a T-shirt that says "Better Together." But she also sports a turban, moustache and goatee, the apparent objects of the user's mockery.

"I'm not sure what to conclude from this," he wrote in the post.

Amazingly, the woman in the picture heard about the photo through Facebook, then looked up the Reddit post and responded herself.

"I'm not embarrased or even humiliated by the attention [negative and positive] that this picture is getting because, it's who I am," wrote Balpreet Kaur. "Yes, I'm a baptized Sikh woman with facial hair. Yes, I realize that my gender is often confused and I look different than most women."

Kaur went on to explain that her faith requires her to focus on working on herself as a person rather than concentrating on her physical appearance.

"When I die, no one is going to remember what I looked like, heck, my kids will forget my voice, and slowly, all physical memory will fade away. However, my impact and legacy will remain," she wrote.

But in a stunning about-face, the user responded himself, apologizing for trying to score 'easy Internet points' and admitting the post was childish and ignorant.

"I know that this post ISN'T a funny post but I felt the need to apologize to the Sikhs, Balpreet, and anyone else I offended when I posted that picture," the user wrote in a new post on Sept. 25. "Put simply it was stupid. Making fun of people is funny to some but incredibly degrading to the people you're making fun of. It was an incredibly rude, judgmental, and ignorant thing to post."

He went on to say he had read more about the Sikh faith after had been inspired after reading Kaur's response.

A love-fest of comments ensued, praising both Kaur for her dignified and inspiring response, as well as the original poster for his heartfelt apology.

"Thanks for remind me that the people I see online are REAL PEOPLE with feelings," wrote one user.

Another user called Kaur a "complete inspiration" and said she had been inspired to refocus her life on personal relationships.

By Thursday, the thread contained more than 1,200 comments and had spawned conversations on a number of other online outlets which praised both parties for renewing faith in the quality of online dialogue.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/sikh-woman-inspires-apology-after-being-mocked-online-1.973430#ixzz27tDgMjx9

Confused

She realy look natural !! SmileThumbs Up

PS: those who think they are beautiful and use to say, "a lot of guys are after me", should keep in mind that low prices always attract many customers...   

Edited by Prometeus - 30 September 2012 at 1:25am
return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 30 September 2012 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
Genesis 13 & 14. LOLCat Style

http://www.lolcatbible.com/index.php?title=Genesis_13

http://www.lolcatbible.com/index.php?title=Genesis_14

ROFL
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 01 October 2012 at 11:07pm | IP Logged

Justin Bieber vomited on stage in the middle of a performance. That concludes it then... she's pregnant...LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

oceansseamr.ass

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 07 October 2012 at 6:09am | IP Logged

BIG BOSS-6

The final list of the contestant is:

1. Navjot Singh Siddhu

2. Sana Khan (Southern Star who was part of 'The Dirty Picture' remake)

3. Vrijesh Hirji

4. Sampat Pal (founder of Gulaab Gang)

5. Urvashi Dholakia

6. Aashka Goradia

7. Dinesh Yadav (Bhojpuri star)

8. Sapna Bhavnani

9. Delnaz Paul

10. Aseem Trivedi (cartoonist-activist)

11. Sayantani Ghosh

12. Rajeev Paul

13. Niketan Madhok (model)

14. Karishma Kotak (model)

15. Common man

Heart Senior Member
Heart
Heart

Posted: 07 October 2012 at 7:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Prometeus

Justin Bieber vomited on stage in the middle of a performance. That concludes it then... she's pregnant...LOL

And it was supposed to be a  LIVE performance.. but when he fainted the music continued playing in the background LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Believe-

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 07 October 2012 at 8:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Heart

Originally posted by Prometeus

And it was supposed to be a  LIVE performance.. but when he fainted the music continued playing in the background LOL

Acting or wat!!!...

Edited by Prometeus - 07 October 2012 at 8:03am

Heart

Forever-KA IF-Rockerz
Forever-KA
Forever-KA

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 6:24pm | IP Logged

challa
- ki lab da phire
- haans da phire
- raun da phire
- gali gali rul da phire
- tu...da
- tera koi nahi

Can someone tell me what does "challa" mean? lol.

I noted some similarities between challa and jhoom barber

1) Yash banner
2) Punjabi song
3) A desi in jeans and boots, with a guitar, dancing, singing and roaming around.
4) Both spreading message of love to westerners.
5) challlaaa (X 10) versus raaabbbaaa (X 100)

lol. This is 2012. Please have some mercy.

I am a big fan of Rabbi. However challa is an average song which does not suit SRK and the movie. I wish this was even 1 percent of 

Thanks for reading my review. You are free to like it though. lol.

Edited by King-Anu - 08 October 2012 at 6:47pm
Arwen. IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen.
Arwen.

Posted: 09 October 2012 at 12:34am | IP Logged
@KA - Cant watch the vids in your post LOL

Challa apparently means mad lover... 

the whole album is out by the way .. I love Heer ... rest of the songs are also pretty good but i think they'll take time to grow on me ...

and oh, i love challa LOL

Forever-KA

Go to top