Debate Mansion

Tidbits, Trivias... Share what you want NEW LINK (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 150

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 21 October 2011 at 4:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

New song:

<div></div>

Lovely thanks. Sounds like RFAK my favorite.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Tidbits, Trivias... Share what you want NEW LINK (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 21 October 2011 at 4:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by UnsolvedMystery

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

I had to look at it a few times to find the mistake:

</div>

<div>Got it on third try.

Not In the numbersLOL

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 21 October 2011 at 7:41pm | IP Logged
Caught on camera. Baby survives amazing car crash

AsiaOne
Friday, Oct 21, 2011
AUSTRALIA - A woman stands at the checkout counter of a convenience store in Australia.

Her son lies in a stroller a few feet away.

RELATED STORIES

See the video here
And then out of nowhere a car crashes through the store window, knocking over the stroller, her baby still inside.

Closed circuit TVs show the impact of the car plowing through shelves, and the baby stroller toppled to the ground.

The mother pulls her baby from the stroller - amazingly, unharmed.

One witness, Morgan Barta said: "Everybody just ran from the streets. People were coming out. There were sirens everywhere, and everyone ran to try and help."

Mr Sam Galouzis, an owner of a nearby barber shop said the accident happened at 3.30pm. He said: "Peak hour, and no one got hurt. That is just amazing."

The driver, stunned, sat outside the building after the accident.

Police said he tested negative for alcohol. Witnesses say he veered off the road to avoid hitting another car.

How it happened
Click on thumbnail to view (Photos: Reuters)

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Asia/Story/A1Story20111021-306394.html

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Arwen.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 21 October 2011 at 9:52pm | IP Logged

Summer3

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 21 October 2011 at 9:58pm | IP Logged

Summer3

Arwen.

IF-Sizzlerz

Arwen.

Posted: 21 October 2011 at 10:16pm | IP Logged

LOLLOLLOL

I periodically return to these ever since i discovered Riverdance 2 years ago Smile

Summer3

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 12:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arwen.

^I think this guy copied my Dancing steps...WinkTongueLOL

Arwen.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 22 October 2011 at 2:42am | IP Logged
This is shocking in India !

Indian town battles against encephalitis

The majority of the victims are children
More than 460 people, mostly children, have died after a fresh outbreak of encephalitis in northern India. The BBC's Sanjoy Majumder travelled to Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh to find out why the town is struggling to cope with the disease.

Ward number 12 at Gorakhpur's main hospital is overflowing with sick children, two or three squeezed into a single bed.

Many of them are visibly sick and are having to be administered oxygen or being put on an intravenous drip.

Every day, 30 to 40 children are brought here after having contracted encephalitis. Many of them come from the countryside, after having travelled several hours because this is the best hospital in the region.

"I brought my daughter from our village 25km (15 miles) away," says one young woman.

"She was very sick. But here in the hospital, there are five babies dying every couple of hours. I am so frightened."

The hospital is trying its best to cope but is overwhelmed by the numbers.

"We have about 500 children in our ward and only 95 beds," says Dr KP Kushwaha, the hospital's chief paediatrician.

Those who aren't lucky to make it to a bed are made to wait with their parents in the corridor outside which is filled to capacity. The children lie on the floor, exposed to the dust and dirt.

But lack of space is not the only issue.

Regular outbreak

The hospital does not have enough doctors and so medical students are being roped in to help out.

Gorakhpur experiences an outbreak of encephalitis every year, typically after the monsoon season when stagnant water left over after the rains becomes a breeding ground for mosquitoes.

But this year's strain is not the more common Japanese encephalitis, doctors say, but a virus being blamed on contaminated water.

"We had managed to contain the spread of Japanese encephalitis with our immunisation programme," says Dr Kushwaha.

"But this has proved to be more difficult."

Children, with lower immunity systems are particularly vulnerable.

Hundreds of patients have been admitted to Gorakhpur's main hospital
Ritu, a baby girl aged 18 months, was one of the many who didn't make it.

Her mother, Lata, clutches at a frayed photograph of her daughter as she recalls what happened.

"She was very sick at home. We tried to cure her through medicines but when she just didn't get better, we took her to the hospital."

She died in less than a week.

Officials say part of the problem is that many people fail to bring their children to a medical facility in time.

'Neglected'

"In my assessment, we can reduce the deaths by 50% if people follow basic hygiene and then take their child to the nearest hospital quickly," says Sanjay Kumar, Gorakhpur's top administrator.

But the families of many of those affected say that's quite hard to do.

"There are no proper hospitals near our village," says Manju whose three-year-old boy is recovering from encephalitis.

"It's a long journey - six to seven hours. And we don't know how long we'll have to stay here. That's why not many like to come."

This is one of India's most neglected regions and those affected are among the poorest.

Lack of proper sanitation and access to clean water sources is being described as the main reason for the spread of the disease.

So, with every passing hour more children are being brought into the hospital - not all of them will survive.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top