Debate Mansion

Tidbits, Trivias... Share what you want NEW LINK (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 150

Page 1
Page   of 150
Page 3 Page 150

slumgod.

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 October 2011 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

return_to_hadesArwen..DontKnow.Summer3

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Tidbits, Trivias... Share what you want NEW LINK (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

souro

souro

Posted: 20 October 2011 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Chinese hit and run toddler dies

Watched the video today. She's now better off than living in a society full of such pathetic people. There is not enough words to describe what I think of such people. They didn't even spare a few minutes to take care of her. Pick her up. Take her to a hospital. Alert other people in the surrounding area. How much time can that take? What can be more important than saving a human life?
The van driver is a murderer, s/he crushed the baby a second time under the rear wheel while fully aware that the baby has been knocked down. And the rest weaved past her as if she is no more than a pothole in the road. I know they will be punished. However, I hope apart from the punishment, people are also taught that there are things called morality, compassion and caring. They lacked that.

P.S. - Feel sad for the parents. If we are feeling so awful and depressed about the whole incident, I can't even begin to think what her parents will go through every time they think about how their little baby died. They will live and relive through this hell every day and every moment of their life.

Edited by souro - 20 October 2011 at 11:41pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

veil_of_rosesreturn_to_hadesArwen..DontKnow.blue-iceSummer3Vinzy

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 21 October 2011 at 8:32am | IP Logged
There are tragedies and there are tragedies, and during such moments we become suicidal. Friends and family are critical during such moments to help us.
Last year a mum reversed her car at home and killed her own child. Another lady forgot that her child was in the car. Accidents are waiting to happen.
I believe we become heartless when the mind rules over the heart. Logic presiding over compassion and understanding.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455Arwen.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 21 October 2011 at 10:34am | IP Logged

I did not see the video or look at the pictures. Just reading how a two year old was left to die while people callously walked around broke my heart. I'm not strong enough to see people behave this way. Accidents are human, but compassion and caring ought to be human too. Hitting someone maybe an accident, even cautious people sometimes do so. But making no effort to avoid it, dragging them, driving on and then escaping is cold blooded murder. Witnessing a hit and run maybe chance. But walking on as if nothing has happened, making no effort to see if the victim can be saved, not even bothering to call the cops or ambulance is being accomplices to murder. I can't imagine how people live with that on their conscience. This is the sort of behavior that makes me believe that humanity is doomed.

Then there is that situation in Ohio. One man's eccentricity and wasteful behavior not only put innocent citizens at risk, but now rare tigers, bears and other exotic animals are just being shot at sight. How easily we will give shoot at sight orders for animals that have not done any harm yet, but strongly feel that serial killers and rapists deserve trials? I guess as humans we will always put human life above animals, but you would think that with all our technology and claims to moral, intellectual superiority we would be able to easily find less violent solutions? How can we humans claim to be the morally or intellectually superior species destined for dominance on earth? We seem to be such an selfish and apathetic race, with no compassion even for our own people.

Then again sometimes you do read about the good stuff. Like the group of bystanders who rescued a motorcyclist stuck below a burning car. Or that man who risked his life to save a little girl from an armed predator. Or the intern who threw himself in the line of fire to save others. Or even the twelve year old girl who swam out into tides to save a drowning little boy. Perhaps as long as there are a few good men and women, there is still hope, there is still humanity and there is probably still something better that we humans can aspire to.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

-Inferno-veil_of_rosesmoomin4455bepatientslumgod.Autumn.Arwen..DontKnow.blue-iceSummer3

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 21 October 2011 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Divinity is best expressed in young children and truly they are innocent. Yue Yue was exceptional. Her death has touched our hearts and opened our eyes too. The tears we shed for her has also cleansed our soul. Her spirit will always be there to comfort the parents and give them the strength.
May she bless us all too.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 21 October 2011 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
SVU made me love New York's finest. The Hipster Cop took that love one notch higher.

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 21 October 2011 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
I had to look at it a few times to find the mistake:

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

veil_of_rosesArwen.Summer3

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 21 October 2011 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
New song: