Tidbits, Trivias... Share what you want NEW LINK - Page 77

Posted: 11 years ago
Edited by Freethinker112 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by Freethinker112

Exactly  😆

Embedding from blogspot doesn't work. So you can either post the link of blog or you may try saving the image, then upploading it to some image sharing site and then embedding it. 😊
sounds like too much effort to me  but thanks 😆
Originally posted by _Angie_

sounds like too much effort to me  but thanks 😆

So simply link the blog post, lazy. 😛 😆

By your offense comment, i think you are talking about this one. 😆

I embedded that for Angie, here's something from me. 😆

Singer forced to pay promised $1M reward for found laptop

Singer Ryan Leslie makes a YouTube video offering $1 million for the safe return of his stolen laptop and an external hard drive. A German man finds them. Leslie refuses to pay. A court decides he has to.

December 1, 2012 12:15 PM PST

In the throes of anguish, we make promises that if only the anguish can be removed we will be eternally grateful.

Now a court has decided that such promises are legally enforceable.

For here is the tale of Ryan Leslie, a Harvard-educated singer, songwriter, and producer (Booba and Cory Gunz are two acts whom he has graced), who had his laptop and an external hard drive stolen in 2010 from a black Mercedes in Cologne, Germany.

Leslie was in pain. He took to YouTube, where he offered $1 million for the safe return of the gadgets.

How bursting with joy Leslie must have been when Armin Augstein, who owns an auto-repair shop, found them in a park as he was walking his dog.

Somehow, though, Leslie may have decided that his initial offer of $1 million might have been hasty. What seems clear is that he refused to pay. Which led to Augstein taking him to court.

And winning.

As the New York Post reports, a court in Manhattan decided that Leslie should, indeed, keep his promise.

Leslie reportedly implied that Augstein might have had something to do with the initial theft. A difficult aspect of this accusation was that there didn't seem to be any evidence for it.

In court, Leslie also offered that the reward depended on his being able to retrieve several unreleased songs from the hard drive -- which he said he wasn't able to do after it was returned to him. But the judge, says the Hollywood Reporter, ruled that Leslie and his team handled the drive in a negligent fashion when it was returned and that the jury should assume the data was there when Augstein turned over the drive.

The jury -- which was at first uncomfortable with the large amount involved -- found for Augstein.

You will be delighted that Leslie seems to have taken it in relatively good spirit. Or not.

I have embedded footage from a concert the day after the verdict. Leslie explains that his original promise was a reward of $20,000. It was only when the gadgets weren't initially returned that he offered, well, $980,000 more.

He still insisted that he couldn't access the hard drive when it was returned. He explained the deep suffering he is experiencing because everyone now believes he is a cheapskate.

He wants you to know he is not a rat, nor a weasel. He also wants you to know that after his music was gone, he committed himself and all his resources into making "the most incredible artistic offering I possibly could."

He added: "And despite what the jury said, that $1 million reward is still out there for anyone who can return my compositions to me."

There's nothing like doubling down.

In the meantime, if your laptop is lost or stolen, please be careful how much of a reward you offer. A jury of your peers may hold you to it.

Which might leave you homeless and alone, with only Ryan Leslie's latest album to listen to.

It's called "Les Is More."

So simply link the blog post, lazy. 😛 😆

I suspect some readersto be even lazier who would never bother to click on the link to view the contents.😆  There ought to be an easier and simplier mechanism for sharing pics and articles .

BTW isnt there anyway of stopping these spate of spam topics? They should at least get  deleted!
4 pages is way too much !

Lesson of life!
... doesnt get taught all too soon! 😆
Its a process of ongoing discovery 😛

Farhan Akhtar as Milkha Singh..another dedicated actor!! 👏👏
Originally posted by _Angie_

I suspect some readersto be even lazier who would never bother to click on the link to view the contents.😆  There ought to be an easier and simplier mechanism for sharing pics and articles .

BTW isnt there anyway of stopping these spate of spam topics? They should at least get  deleted!
4 pages is way too much !

Well, as I said ,embedding works fine but not for blogspot. 😊

Mods should be deleting them quickly. Or they should make some strict rules, like to make a topic, you need to have 50 posts first.