***jyotika*** thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
 science student from Mithibai College, Mumbai, she wanted to join her father Praveen Gujrathi, a leading pathologist, after her diploma in medical lab technology. Though she always had acting in mind and appeared in commercials such as Livon, Frooti, Royal Stag, Fanta while studying, she wasn't doing anything dramatic. Call it destiny or what, today Rucha is a popular face on the box. Better known as Abhay Kapoor's daughter Kali in Kkusum (Sony). What few us know is that as a child artiste she's acted in films like Shikari, Dancer, Saahebzade, Kanyadaan. ''I was in Class IV then. After which I got involved with studies seriously. Now, here I am back again,'' says Gujrathi with a smile as she adds, ''I completely enjoy doing the role of Kali. I am being liked and appreciated. It's getting me a good response''.
< = src="http://ads.expressindia.com/banner/iestoryban.js"> < name=></>
She is one of those few lucky ones who have got a role like this to start off with. It so happened that, one day, she got a call from Balaji to come for an audition for the role of Yukta in Kahin Kisi Roz. But I got selected for Kali instead. The show was taking a 20 year jump then. I think I was lucky,'' says Rucha, who adds that Kali's character is very different from her own.''I am no where close to Kali. Rucha is this very sweet and simple girl, down to earth... yes, with a little attitude, which is okay,'' she laughs. For non-telly buffs Kali is this rich spoilt girl with loads of attitude who marries Garv whom she loves madly. ''She's got a lot of negative shades. She sees to it that all her wishes and desires, reasonable and unreasonable are fulfilled. She is very stubborn, she is a snob. She gets married to Garv saying she is pregnant with his child which is not true. She schemes in order to get him by hook or by crook. Very interesting with lots to do. That's why I said I was lucky to get a role like this,'' Rucha explains. Initially, she found it a little difficult playing Kali but then that's the whole fun of being an actor. Playing what you are not. ''Yes I agree. But later on I got the note right and I was very comfortable.

Probably that's why you see her only in Kkusum. And she isn't revealing her future plans either. As of now she's living Kali. ''I haven't decided what to do, next. Happy doing what I am right now. My parents are very proud of me. They feel good when they are told they are Kali's parents. They feel happy that I have made a mark,'' she smiles. Reason enough we think!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

glamour_girl thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

THANKS JYOTIKA THAT ARTICLE WAS VERY NICE I GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT HER!!

SAIRA