Page 1
Page   of 9
Page 2 Page 9

miss_bennet

IF-Rockerz

miss_bennet

Posted: 19 October 2011 at 12:06am | IP Logged
Hi friends,

For those who do not know me, I am Harsha, and I haven't really written anything on IF apart from a half baked Maaneet tale on the FF forum before... This is for now just an OS, I might or might not continue--- solely depends on my mood, and ofcourse the response I get. This one is a result of a discussion on a possible rain scene between VirMan in their AT, I had read another OS by Eowyn on the topic and wanted to try on the theme with a different touch... So here it is...                                     

And Then It Rained...

Looks like it is going to rain tonight, sighed Maanvi as she stood at the door to the terrace, looking up at the sky above. The sky was overcast and there were very little stars visible. Even the moon was hiding behind the dark clouds, giving an overall dismal feel to the night. She felt depressed, and it felt as if the whole night was in mourning with her, lamenting her loss. The loss that she felt could never be restored-- her Jeevika Di.  Her sister, the one faithful companion she had in life was leaving for her new home tonight, and a sense of despair filled her heart as she realised nothing would ever be the same again.

"Maanvi..."

It was him.                                                                                                                                                               Maanvi Maanvi closed her eyes with a tremble as she heard Virat's voice from behind calling out to her.  Why Bhagwanji, why did it have to be him now? She didn't want to deal with him of all people just then. She had put up with him and his taunts all through the wedding just for Di, but she didn't think she had enough patience in her to bear anymore of it. He had lingered around her all day like an annoying ghost, sometimes taunting her about how Jeevika wasn't just her Di anymore, but also his Bhabhi; and sometimes teasing her how she wasn't doing any work on her own sister's wedding. How was it her fault if Beeji did not allow her to do anything just because she had a little cold last night, she thought irritably. True, he had brought her to the wedding when her promise to Beeji had kept her from it, and she was thankful to him for that, but that didn't make him any less annoying. 

"What are you doing here?" she spat out bitterly as she heard his footsteps nearing, while quickly wiping the tears off her face and turning around.

He stopped a few steps away from her, as if momentarily taken aback by the sudden resentment in her voice. "Well, I could ask the same to you too, you know. What are you doing here?"

"I could be wherever I choose to, couldn't I? Why do you care anyway?"

"Oh, looks like someone's really upset today.  Have you been crying or what?" asked Virat in his usual taunting tone.

"I was not crying, Virat."

Chuckling a little, Virat looked straight into her eyes at that and said, "Sure, I can definitely see that." He paused a little before adding, "Maanvi, you don't have to hide your tears, you know. There is nothing to be ashamed of crying today."

"Why don't you just leave if you have irritated me enough? I could really do with some peace of mind now." Maanvi snapped out to him impatiently. It was weird, but for some reason she felt uncomfortable under his sharp gaze.

"I am leaving, Maanvi. I mean, we all are leaving. Actually I came to call you down. Jeevika Bhabhi was looking for you."

Maanvi took a deep breath before turning away from him and slowly walking out to the terrace, her eyes involuntarily drifting up towards the sky, and her suppressed tears threatening to surface again. Virat followed her quietly.

"I wish a wind would come blowing now and swipe away all those clouds." whispered Maanvi as if to herself, "I hate cloudy nights. They make me feel so gloomy and depressed."

He looked up at that, his eyes on her wistful face now. A little breeze although not strong enough to swipe away the clouds, had started to blow, making her dupatta and the strands of her hair dance with it.  Virat's heart sympathized with the poor girl. It must be really hard for her, he thought as his eyes followed hers to look up at the cloudy sky.

"And I wish it would rain now," he said in a low voice. "I love the rain. It gives a soothing effect to your soul'"

Maanvi looked at him now, standing there gazing up at the sky with an unreadable expression. He turned towards her smiling slightly, and spoke, "Ok, so it's a goodbye for now I guess.  It was nice meeting you, Maanvi."

"Good bye, Virat."

"Won't you come down and say good bye to your sister?" he asked, a little surprised.

"Err' No. I uh... don't want to face it just now, the farewell. Tell Di that I was too tired and already fell asleep. I'll see her in the morning before we leave to Rishikesh." said Maanvi in a slightly breaking voice.

"Well, ok then. Bye and hope to meet you soon again, Jhansi ki Rani." He gave a little pat on her shoulder before turning back and gently walking away down the stairs.

Maanvi sighed a little, looking back at the pensive night longingly, while another slow breeze of air caressed her skin, and then it rained. She held out her arms and looked up towards the sky as if to welcome the fall of cool drops on her skin and closed her eyes, her face now glistening with several fresh drops of water.

Pls do comment, and hit the like button...Embarrassed

Edited by harshabashpam - 04 December 2011 at 12:54pm

The following 112 member(s) liked the above post:

pinklilliesrockinggirl555mjht2dmgsalma009simron...Lavender6666Mahnoor5671shamzi20achakalaeeshaabc456deevaaskrystal1234nuzhi94marishka.khanmygod2010hali1pyaar_kya_karnaamee1Mus@me.sanshivu124kelowna16hillySapphirepunjabi_gyal08Jhinka_RoysweetvidishaahutamoonstruckShina_srkfan--Preeti---Aashii-kavyakomalipiyushiniya_sshiningstarzmamitaBhavyaRedy2cute4u_22turnonthelightsKajol17Khush94NinaAriefmisakiDee-jay-Deepali-aysha1989beintehaaZaYashehroon_riazOYesSheDidmadhu_sridharHonkytonkmasinraymKaShCrazyAneesacoolfirewadhwanikisihuprincess14madhubansenmeriyaar-lisana-Krazzy4u786pinkstarsPiya.DPamalovirmanforeverbooksfreak07luvzindagiaaliya25moksha89lakshmmusic1sapphhireBrunoMarsshilpa09..Labyrinth..sakshi_aditi-Amri-cutie_mahimaSakuuPurpleRainrusha4003rev4evaduskIndigoBluesRach-dcCavingInJyo.canuck-umzashred12preethisalicemathxxXSejalXxxkulsum_virman-happilyunknownshe_ratchetAyushiSinghania.Sam.KSG_luv-Ravjot--Yuks-NaughtynattyDelena-ciousshalini_sRKDramebaazThe007ShivaniVarunKiBiwiChaiBiskoot-Priyam-snowflake..FlawlessSarun.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "And Then It Rained... VirMan OS" in Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

xxXSejalXxx

IF-Rockerz

xxXSejalXxx

Posted: 19 October 2011 at 12:26am | IP Logged
OMGGBlushingBlushing.I loved it and I love OS's and Jhansi ki rani wasLOL..yeah we were all discussing about the rain scene.LOL.Hope we get one like this.Day Dreaming.It is fab Harsha.Please write more.Embarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

2cute4u_22miss_bennet

miss_bennet

IF-Rockerz

miss_bennet

Posted: 19 October 2011 at 12:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by xxXSejalXxx

OMGGBlushingBlushing.I loved it and I love OS's and Jhansi ki rani wasLOL..yeah we were all discussing about the rain scene.LOL.Hope we get one like this.Day Dreaming.It is fab Harsha.Please write more.Embarrassed
Thanks Sejal... Glad u liked it... It is my first fictional piece of writing in a long time, and I was apprehensive if I was out of touch... but I am so happy u liked it... I might continue this as an SS or FF if I get some awesome ideas, and ofcourse, that would also depend on the response I get for this one...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

xxXSejalXxx

beintehaaZaYa

Goldie

beintehaaZaYa

Posted: 19 October 2011 at 12:51am | IP Logged
Its too good! It will be great if we get sumthing lyk this in the show!Embarrassed Plz continue!Thumbs Up I'm eagerly waiting to know what happens next.

miss_bennet

miss_bennet

IF-Rockerz

miss_bennet

Posted: 19 October 2011 at 12:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _jinia_

Its too good! It will be great if we get sumthing lyk this in the show!Embarrassed Plz continue!Thumbs Up I'm eagerly waiting to know what happens next.
Thanks dear...
Even I do not yet know what happens next... I will continue if i get any nice ideas...

snowflake.

IF-Stunnerz

snowflake.

Posted: 19 October 2011 at 3:18am | IP Logged
Aww!!! you write so well dear..
Loved it.. Please continue... Am adding this link to our virman gallery...

Thanks Hug

miss_bennet

.Sam.

IF-Rockerz

.Sam.

Posted: 19 October 2011 at 3:22am | IP Logged
OMG...loved it...Big smile...i could totally imagine thm both enacting this scene...it seemed so real...do continue...!!!

miss_bennet

IF-Rockerz

miss_bennet

Posted: 19 October 2011 at 3:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Aanchal_

Aww!!! you write so well dear..
Loved it.. Please continue... Am adding this link to our virman gallery...

Thanks Hug
Thanks Aanchal.. glad u liked it... and yeah i had posted the link on that thread...

snowflake.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.