Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cherrypansy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Dabba concept was out of place...she has worked for it...then why dabba..to me dabba goes with begging...

Secondly...i don't think Khushi went through any formal employment procedure...she is not a part of ASR's company...it was his sister's verbal request and KKG accepted verbally...then why she is paid  according to company's rule?
ashvez thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@Poppy,Diya Opti...excellent discussion.And amazing POV's. I share your sentiments and mentioned some of the points in other posts too.
I must say enjoy your posts thoroughly.Kudos!! Girls..Kudos!!!
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: appy2011

very nice post...but I was hesistant to reply as I had promised myself not be part of over analysis of a fictional show...but hey...I could not control myself 😉

I agree with what monsi writes that Arnav was preoccupied and the thought of money never came to him and considering his past behavior he was sooo well behaved yesterday and in the coming days I sure think he will turn out to be a knight in shining armour for Kushi 😆

Thanks appy.  I understand why he did not think of the expenses the previous night but I couldn't understand his sluggishness the next morning even after he heard her clear and desperate need for money.  Yes, he went up to get the check but I thought he could have reacted sooner and spared her some embarrassment. Also he could have offfered her a loan for the medical expenses.  Maybe it takes time for these things to sink in his mind. 
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: Shwetha!

Dabba does not signify begging as is being wrongly presumed. I appreciate what the CVs where trying to do but goofed up in execution, IMHO.

I am not presuming that she was begging for she had every right to her salary but the scene came across a little uncivilised for the unintiated like me. It is only here I came to know of the practice of not touching money even if you have earned it. I agree the execution could have been better.  Maybe Khushi could have just handed over the dabbha to him and asked for her salary instead of standing there with the open dhabba in an outstretched hand.

In a lot of small businesses, where the salary is paid in cash and the employee let us assume for a second needs to carry the cash in a public transport, the Dabba is the safest place to put your salary keeping the pickpockets in mind. It is a common practice which we who are used to our salary being credited in our accounts might be unaware of. The logic - it is far easier for a handbag or purse to be picked than a steel dabba.

She thought that she would be paid in cash and she handed over the dabba. Ideally she should have collected the cash and put it in her dabba but handing over the dabba like that makes for a dramatic effect which I have to admit seems to have made the desired effect.

It did have a dramatic effect, no doubt but many got put off by it. While it was not tasteful, I could look past it.  In fact I could look past any of Khushi's actions. She is so adorable.

I actually liked the whole TDS thing...this guy follows good accounting business practices,although I have no idea under what he is going to classify this salary expense, promotion of art and culture perhaps, lol.
Seriously , I also appreciated that he had the cheque ready anticipating her need for her salary and keeping everything ready.

Wouldn't be surprised if he did classify it as promotion of art and culture. After all the guy owns a fashion house, so it wouldn't be totally out of place! Maybe it was her salary day because she did mention to the doctor that she was expecting her salary.  It wasn't the first of the month but then maybe it is being paid out based on the day she joined.   

Why should he pay the bills in the first place without even asking her. Wouldn't that be a dent in her self respect if he did that. She does not expect him to pay too. Yes, he might offer to do it today and if she refuses, he will convince her that she can treat it as a loan and she can pay it back, I think he respects her a lot to do something which might be wrongly misconstrued on her part especially when they have progressed a bit in their relationship.

I agree with you here but then he could have always offered her that loan even before or simply as a salary advance. Employers do offer such monetary help  in such emergencies even without being asked.

Anjali did make the offer of providing all forms of help, it is upto khushi or khushi's family to take up on the offer. So far they haven't asked for anything haven't they?

Forget all forms of help.  Khushi had clearly indicated that she needed that Rs.3000.  She could have volunteered to pay from her household expenses (I'm sure she must have some) and actually gone in to get it. I am not really liking this Anjali.  She comes out as a weak character who has not much of a say in anything although she may be well meaning. 

As for Arnav he anticipated the need for her money, kept the cheque ready when she came, when he realized it would not be sufficient, he immediately went and wrote what i presume is a personal cheque and he will probably go to the hospital to ensure that she is not put under further financial duress and offer to help and maybe convince her to take his help. That would be in his character just as khushi's initial refusal to take his help.

I still felt he could have shown more sensitivity and acted more promptly.

The employee employer gap was bridged the moment he showed up at the hospital the first time for her and the second time again for her. He would not do the same for say jaiprakash or his family would he.

You are right.

Loved your post btw, absolutely loved the attention to detail to all aspects.👏

thanks

Edited by Opti - 12 years ago
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: somzz007

Wow Opti (is it ur name?) ...I admire you writing such a detailed description of the scene...V well written!!!

It is not my name but I'm comfortable being called that here in IF. Thanks for the compliment.
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: monsi08

Nice post Opti ! Coming to your questions... my take here...

Thanks

He came to hospital in a rush to see how Khushi is.. his mind was occupied with his guilt for leaving her on the road... and also the protectiveness and concern for her. The hospital bill part never came into his mind. And I find it justified since he comes from a very rich family and never had to think twice about spending money. Remember he offered some 2 crores or something to that Idiot (who he slapped also) just to prove his superiority so the point is that hospital bill never occurred to him!

Yes, money does not matter to him but it does to her and he has always rubbed that in during their past confrontations.  I'm glad he did not mock or insult her but silently understood her need but I still felt that there was a certain inertia on the part of the two siblings.

Anjali is DUMB. Plain and simple. Moreover she is dependent on her bro. She is living happily on her bro's money even though hubby is earning. So I guess she never deals with money matters. Remember she telling Shyam that she would ask her bro to give him 1lac.. and not that she would give him 1lac... She has no direct rights on the money as such even if her bro never thinks it that way.

Still she would have had at least 3000 rupees for household expenses which she could have offered.  Her lack of proactiveness in certain things sometimes make me want to shake her up.  Khushi or Payal gets insulted by mami and she is not in a position to forcefully defend them. She only tries to sweet talk them instead of asking mami not to insult her guests or employees.  All her sugary talk does not move me.    

Lets see if we get answers to these questions.

No dear... you never get answers in telly shows.. 😃

I have so many questions since the time show started... a question unanswered remained unaswered forever 😆

Dabba and the TAX thing has already mocked my intelligence.. only good thing is the realization track... and precap looks promising again...

That's true.  Answers are hard to come by.  I'm happy they are at least showing us some self talks to give insights into the characters.

Cheers,
Monsi

Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kamalika..

i m dissapponted again by anjali's behavior. she is good for nothing. she is just a show piece.

I am not a great fan of her character either.  I like Daljit's portrayal of her though.
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: NaDzGirl

im becoming a fan of ur analysis opti!

loved how kushi stepped back when she realized who she was hugging. both of them are confused y they were feeling for each other & it's high time one figured out da golden reason

i wonder if ASR has gone bankrupt seriously. giving a cheque for an amount worth 30k? come on man i thought he was desi donald trump but i was clearly wrong

Thanks. I'm flattered.  I guess Arnav only moves around with credit/debit cards. the man does not carry cash.
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Opti

I am not a great fan of her character either.  I like Daljit's portrayal of her though.

Anjali failed royally in this scene! Just standing around like a "showpiece". She and Arnav are the same that way sometimes...

Insensitive to other's plight! Filthy rich as they are... dont relate to Kushi's situation! But not everyone is "MADE OF MONEY" and it's not their fault either!

Not everyone can be a 27 year old business tycoon! That is the exception NOT the rule!

We know how arrogant Arnav is due to his wealth and status! In direct contrast is Kushi... NO false dignity, and she asks for what is rightfully hers! She has earned that money hosently and she is entitled to it! She is not asking the Raizada's for favours! I felt for a poor kid!

LOVED her in this scene and hated ASR and Anjali!
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: slmu

I dont think 30,000 puts Khushi in a taxable income bracket surely.

No Khushi will not be in the taxable bracket unless she is under employment for more than six months because income up to Rs.1,80,000 per annum is exempt from tax.   As the financial year will be over by March and she received her first pay cheque in mid-October, her salary should rightfully be tax exempt even if we assume she does nothing but tutor La for the next six months.  Even if we were to assume that she was employed in September and hence would draw 7 months salary, even then only income in excess of Rs.1,80,000 (i.e, Rs.30,000) should be taxed at the rate of 10 per cent (i.e Rs.3000). This would then have to be divided by 6/7 months which should be around Rs.500 per month.  Arnav has tricked her by deducting more than was required.  If she is thrown out of the job before the year ends then even this amount need not be paid. Poor Khushi. As though her torubles are not enough she now has to file for refund of excess tax paid! 
Edited by Opti - 12 years ago