Too much negativity might spoil the show(For CVs)

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
I am not an avid watcher of Hindi shows but this has had me hooked. A while ago I used to be hooked in a similar fashion to Karol Bagh on ZeeTV. But ultimately stopped watching it when the negative aspect of it started overruling the show. Think it finally got scrapped because of lower viewership etc. 

My point is these channels need to know by now the pulse of the audience. If there's such a frenzy over a show then it's not because of some negative character, but because of a captivating love story script they have on hand. 

Shayam's character is negative. But show him in modes of grey. By showing so much in the negative the CV's might spoil the whole show, because now I am skipping portions of Shayam and directly watching bits of Arnav/Khushi/Anjali/ Lavanya etc.. 

If there's a marriage track coming up between Shayam and Khushi followed by a forceful marriage between Khushi and Arnav then it's the same thing all over again.  The CV's need to make it into a feel good show. 

i also forward Shyam scenes
there just too much to watch 
I agree, too much negativity spoils a show. It has happened to other shows I watched and the ratings just tanked. I don't want to see the same for this show. The show needs balance, show more of Arnav and Khushi's story progressing as well as Akash and Payal's but show less of Shyam's negativity
I disagree!  This show would be off the air it is was just a 'feel good' show.  The entire purpose of a soap opera/show is to captivate/enthrall the audience!!!  Name one show that does not have negative characters or situations that has survived on television, unless it's a comedy!?!  It seems like everyone wants a typical love story (boy meets girl, boy hates girl, girl hates boy, then boy falls for girl, and so one).  Some of us actually want to see a love story, but we still want to see excitement/drama/adventure, along with that. 

Negative characters keep many of us glued to our tv sets waiting to see what happens next.  The people in this forum are mostly women who have probably dreamt of their very own Prince charming as I had in my pre-teen years (if you're under 25 then it's probably Edward Cullen).  Fairytales are great, but some of us forget that even those have evil stepmothers or a big bad wolf!  Without them, the story would have no validity and would bore most people senseless!!!   

At least it would for me...
@Nrp77-Well said...I agree with you.If the show is all Lovey dovey,the spirit of watching it will cease.
The main aim of the cvs are to produce a show that covers the interest of all ppl(whether teens or oldies).There is some kind of negativity in all serials,so why not bear up with this.We all know that Shyam is intolerable but would surely get caught someday.
Although the shyam scenes are long. the cvs didnt miss to enrich us wid Arhi scenes.I think the serial's going at a good pace.
So let's have some patience.Patience always bears fruit...
So dont think of quitting the show bcoz of the negative side of the serial...
Wait up and let's see what happens...
a balanced form of negativity, yes too much kills any show,
Omg i know! I completely agree with you! I usually just skip through Shyam scenes, i just HATE seeing him. He disgusts me actually, and yeah I wouldnt mind him seeing in the "grey" way but he's completely "black" LOL! Id like the CV's to definitely buckle up!
Originally posted by nyxx

Omg i know! I completely agree with you! I usually just skip through Shyam scenes, i just HATE seeing him. He disgusts me actually, and yeah I wouldnt mind him seeing in the "grey" way but he's completely "black" LOL! Id like the CV's to definitely buckle up!

This is what I am talking about! .. Too much might of it might spoil the show. Thoda negativity content kam karo.. 
Originally posted by sharen04

This is what I am talking about! .. Too much might of it might spoil the show. Thoda negativity content kam karo.. 

Yeahhh and id like them to make him look like a realistic villian, because i dont think people like Shyam even exist! Like cmon why havent Shyam and Khushi met up yet even once in the Raizada house?! Or Khushi should have atleast seen his picture...its at the verge of going over the top...but lets see how things shape up :)