CID

Does our forum need an intro thread (Page 4)

Poll Question: Do we need an intro thread?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [82.35%]
3 [17.65%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 4

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 4

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 19 October 2011 at 7:29am | IP Logged
I think I will create a rules + intro thread. The newbies have to read the first post and then introduce themselves...

I just need some free time for these activities...that's what I am not getting now. I'll probably rephrase the rules too...it looks too confusing.

Will be glad if you all can suggest something.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

shalini.cidDemonStarBhavanabNandiniraizaadadebasree04

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Does our forum need an intro thread (Page 4)" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Nandiniraizaada

Coolbie

Nandiniraizaada

Posted: 19 October 2011 at 7:35am | IP Logged
Well sure I saw some very nicely written rules in one of the forums written by Naadi

Khula_Saand

IF-Rockerz

Khula_Saand

Posted: 19 October 2011 at 10:22am | IP Logged
I think Intro thread is not required. GD thread is there already to do that job. New members can introduce themselves to GD thread and getting know each other. 

mallikaBalu

IF-Dazzler

mallikaBalu

Posted: 19 October 2011 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
I would say let there be an introduction thread. But club it with the rules and regulation thread so that all the rules will be clear. I agree with aadrika on this.

I was a silent member for more than a year on this forum. All who have noticed my joining date will know that. I felt alone when i initially logged in and went through the GD . Then slowly I made inroads and forrays.

SO let the introduction be there. Silent members will take their time and join the active circle at their comfortable time. I felt nice to introduce myself in the thread when I first came in. It in some remote way gets the right start feel to the entire process. When I went back again and saw the comments from senior members I felt a warm feeling. It in a way made me feel like taking an active interest. SO let the thread be present. No changes to the rest.Smile As it is this is a great forumClap

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

NandiniraizaadaDemonStarAkshay.debasree04

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 21 October 2011 at 8:31pm | IP Logged
So, we will have an intro thread...give me some time to create a new rules + intro thread.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top