CID

Does our forum need an intro thread (Page 2)

Poll Question: Do we need an intro thread?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [82.35%]
3 [17.65%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

debasree04

IF-Sizzlerz

debasree04

Sport/Cricket & Yudh Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 10:12am | IP Logged
I also think an introduction thread is needed...becoz GD thread cant be an introduction thread...&  all members r not present in GD thread all time so it is impossible to know them(new member) but from introduction thread anyone can know about the new member...
But as u said there is so many imp thread...so u can do one thing...just merge with rules regulation thread (as Aadrika said)...in combined thread just write the links of two thread (1-Introduction & 2 -Rules & Regulation)..therefore two problems can solve (just a suggestion)
And for new member please dnt vanish after introduction

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Does our forum need an intro thread (Page 2)" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Gitanjali-

Coolbie

-Gitanjali-

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 10:12am | IP Logged
Well Astonish you have a point too, because if I think of my case , well I never went to chit chat thread but I never went to Intro thread either

I directly barged into the episode threadLOL

I think merging it with rules and regulation is a good idea

Edited by NandiniPS - 18 October 2011 at 10:13am

astonish

Bhavanab

Coolbie

Bhavanab

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 10:28am | IP Logged
Yes I suggested Vis the same ... mostly it's the new members who've to go throught the rules... so if they're made a part of intro. Thread they're likely to.visit they'll go through them.

-Gitanjali-

Roopal_ArDi

IF-Stunnerz

Roopal_ArDi

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 11:03am | IP Logged
well i think we need a intro thread...i agree maybe many vanish after introduction but still i think we need it coz for some of members it may eel awkward to directly jump into any thread or discussion etc whereas the intro thread will provide them a platform to show that they have joined in the forum..

-Mansi

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 11:26am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

sunnyp1414

IF-Dazzler

sunnyp1414

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 11:41am | IP Logged
Well if  one say GD thread will work as into thread then I would say its little difficult.  I am member here for almost 2 years and when I find some discussion in GD going on some topic, its difficult for me to pop in when I am not interested in that topic at all. Sometimes (not always) I leave GD thread without posting anything there as I don't want to break discussion gong on there and sometimes your post when posted in between some discussion is left unnoticed by all esp newcomer.

I agree Rules and Regulation thread can be combined with introduction thread.

DemonStar

DemonStar

Coolbie

DemonStar

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 12:08pm | IP Logged

I think good points have been made already. Personally, I'm in favour of there being an official introduction thread because there are quite a lot of people, including myself (although I never had to do it here, having been around since it became active), who prefer to properly, formally introduce themselves on visiting a new forum. The GD thread isn't really the best substitute IMHO, mainly because... 1) a newcomer might feel like they're interrupting a discussion between senior members, and 2) due to the high rate of posts in there, the introductory message could go unnoticed, especially if it's near the bottom of a page.  

I too approve the notion of the intro thread being merged with the rules and regulations one, because this way the newcomer can automatically get acquainted with our code of conduct as well.

Edited by DemonStar - 18 October 2011 at 12:11pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Gitanjali-Akshay.aadri-debasree04

suhani.cipamisa

IF-Rockerz

suhani.cipamisa

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
Definitely an intro thread is needed. otherwise unnecessary threads will come up with one liners only. rules once made, if they are changed, everyone will b confused. it is better if an intro platform exists. even if the new member disappears, atleast he/she wont be spamming the forum with an extra post. maybe he/she prefers to stay silent. i remember my own days! for first 6 months i was a silent vistor. one day i popped in to say hi. i felt scared and there was only one reply. i took another 12 months to finally come back with a second post, my first poll which became an overnight success... memebers new and silent will take tym. kya farq padta hain if they dont want to be seen? let them take their tym... and definitely the intro thread shud b there.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStarAkshay.aditya_crazydebasree04

Post Reply New Post

Go to top