Does our forum need an intro thread - Page 2

Poll

Do we need an intro thread?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
..Roopal.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
well i think we need a intro thread...i agree maybe many vanish after introduction but still i think we need it coz for some of members it may eel awkward to directly jump into any thread or discussion etc whereas the intro thread will provide them a platform to show that they have joined in the forum..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I think intro thread is needed becayse it is the platform for new members because some members hesitate to participate in gd and chit chat initially. though i did not introduce myself i just popped in episode threadπŸ˜†
sunnyp1414 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Well if  one say GD thread will work as into thread then I would say its little difficult.  I am member here for almost 2 years and when I find some discussion in GD going on some topic, its difficult for me to pop in when I am not interested in that topic at all. Sometimes (not always) I leave GD thread without posting anything there as I don't want to break discussion gong on there and sometimes your post when posted in between some discussion is left unnoticed by all esp newcomer.

I agree Rules and Regulation thread can be combined with introduction thread.

DemonStar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I think good points have been made already. Personally, I'm in favour of there being an official introduction thread because there are quite a lot of people, including myself (although I never had to do it here, having been around since it became active), who prefer to properly, formally introduce themselves on visiting a new forum. The GD thread isn't really the best substitute IMHO, mainly because... 1) a newcomer might feel like they're interrupting a discussion between senior members, and 2) due to the high rate of posts in there, the introductory message could go unnoticed, especially if it's near the bottom of a page.  

I too approve the notion of the intro thread being merged with the rules and regulations one, because this way the newcomer can automatically get acquainted with our code of conduct as well.

Edited by DemonStar - 12 years ago
Drilabh_Suhaani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Definitely an intro thread is needed. otherwise unnecessary threads will come up with one liners only. rules once made, if they are changed, everyone will b confused. it is better if an intro platform exists. even if the new member disappears, atleast he/she wont be spamming the forum with an extra post. maybe he/she prefers to stay silent. i remember my own days! for first 6 months i was a silent vistor. one day i popped in to say hi. i felt scared and there was only one reply. i took another 12 months to finally come back with a second post, my first poll which became an overnight success... memebers new and silent will take tym. kya farq padta hain if they dont want to be seen? let them take their tym... and definitely the intro thread shud b there.
Chiinnu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
As I suggested please make a merged thread... one with rules, queries and help desk and also with introduction. Or a separate introduction thread.
Bhavanab thumbnail
No ... queries ahould be seperate it's an important but not a compulsorily visited thread !! It'sbetter to merge rules and intro thread... that can make newbies go through the first post as they enter !!
Chiinnu thumbnail
It is not common to mix rules with intro thread...haven't seen it any where... 

Is there any way to merge the Archives ?
Bhavanab thumbnail
Archives has to be there na as Vis sai. it's a must ...
and a monthly archives have to be there opened every month.

I was rather ok with the way our forums was .. no changes needed πŸ˜†
Chiinnu thumbnail
There is a need for change in case of every existing systems, right ? πŸ˜†

Why we always choose a safe way ? we have to take chances IMO. I never wanted that thread to be crushed. I always said about a merge and if no one is interested let our forum stay as in 2 years back format itself.

Anyway, my mistake πŸ˜† If no one wants to see new topics in first page then so be it. I am ok with not seeing the newly posted threads.