CID

Does our forum need an intro thread

Poll Question: Do we need an intro thread?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [82.35%]
3 [17.65%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 5:59am | IP Logged
Hi all,

Recently there was a complaint that our forum has too many important topics and stickies therefore we are having very less number of 'current topics' on page 1.

I removed the thread from the IMP topics. Some people want it back.

First of all, we shouldn't compare our forum and our serial with the others. We have 2 WUs and 2 videos as stickies all the time. After this we also have a contest thread and one promo thread when Nipun uploads.

We cannot remove any of the archive threads or galleries or creations.

Ours is a very long running serial, therefore we cannot reorganise it that easily. There are several old archives which we cannot afford to lose.

We can have the new members introducing themselves in the Gen Discussion thread and that way getting to know the other members better. I have seen that many members who introduce themselves in the intro thread don't join the discussions and just say 'Hi' and vanish.

Genuine members who want to join in the discussions will anyway enter the Gen Discussion thread to see what's happening.

Keeping all these points in mind and without comparing with other forums please vote on whether we need an Intro thread or not, and explain your reason.

Thanks.

(PS: I will keep this thread open till Saturday and the majority will win, no hard feelings to anyone)

Edited by visrom - 18 October 2011 at 6:22am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Gitanjali-DemonStarmallikaBalu-Mansiaditya_crazy

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Does our forum need an intro thread" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Reshma.

Coolbie

Reshma.

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 7:08am | IP Logged
i think wat u said was rite...the new members just introuce themselves and vanish...b4 the thread was removed frm the imp topics list...i just saw a few members introucing themselves and aftr tht i dint see them active at al.,and i just saw the old members welcumng them...so frm me no.

-Gitanjali-

Coolbie

-Gitanjali-

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 7:16am | IP Logged
Well I am not sure. An inftro thread gives a plantform to he person

It gives a base

So yes I think we need it

Though I never introduced myself thereWink But I think some people may need a platform. Mist forums have it

Edited by NandiniPS - 18 October 2011 at 7:54am

aadri-

Goldie

aadri-

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 7:53am | IP Logged
I think a thread only for introduction is not required. As u said most of the time we see "I m new here, I love this show" and no more posts from that person thereafter. But still somehow removing it completely is not right. And few people are too shy, they might not feel very comfortable introducing themselves in GD thread, and there is a high chance that the newbie's "Hi' post will be overshadowed by the flood of posts in GD thread. 

Its true that too many stickies and important topics around here and none can be removed. So what if the introduction thread is merged with any of those ? I guess the 'rules and regulations' thread is lying almost idle there...is it possible to merge the introduction thread with it? Newbies will go to that thread for introduction aur issi bahane s/he will go through the rules . 

just my point of view. Smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

shalini.cidDemonStar-Gitanjali--MansimallikaBaluChiinnu

-Gitanjali-

Coolbie

-Gitanjali-

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 7:55am | IP Logged
I agree with adrika

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aadri-

Bhavanab

Coolbie

Bhavanab

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 8:02am | IP Logged
I feel it's needed ... a separate thread for the new comers where they introduce themselves. it's like a place for them to do the introduction unlike the gd thread which moves at a leopards pace ... and many posts go unnoticed. There's no harm in having one .. now the situation is different but we can't be sure of how it'll be later .. this basically reduces the chances oh 'hi i'm new here' threads !!! We had been going fine with the system for quite some time .. I don't think any change is needed in the way our forum was functioning.

-Gitanjali-

Coolbie

-Gitanjali-

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 8:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by visrom

Hi all,

Genuine members who want to join in the discussions will anyway enter the Gen Discussion thread to see what's happening.

Though all points mentioned are correct I dont agree with this one, if you consider me a genuine interested member, then I never came to the then chit chat thread during my early days. 

I used to restrict myself to the episode thread and used to feel like an outsider in the chit chat chat thread

There may be many like me who want to participate but dont feel like intruding a coonverstaion on the GD thread

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mallikaBaluaditya_crazy

astonish

IF-Sizzlerz

astonish

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 10:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by NandiniPS

Though all points mentioned are correct I dont agree with this one, if you consider me a genuine interested member, then I never came to the then chit chat thread during my early days.

I used to restrict myself to the episode thread and used to feel like an outsider in the chit chat chat thread

There may be many like me who want toparticipatebut dont feel like intruding a coonverstaion on the GD thread

Hmm... Good point...even i felt an outsider initially when it was point of gd and chit chat thread... But you see introducing in intro thread doesnt make you feel at ease in all discussions and threads...

2 to 3 people say welcome...and later they are on their own...which is same as landing directly on to any of threads and say i am new... And actually people on gd thread tend to talk out something with the new guys... As not all look into the intro thread and make them feel at ease.

People who are desperate to be a part of this forum mostly either jump into any thread and introduce themselves...
Reserved people might silently watch and then slowly get in... So i dont think intro thread's presence makes any difference

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Gitanjali-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top