Suggestions / Comments
Suggestions / Comments

India-Forums

ATTENTION IF DEV TEAM: Why is the IF server down?

zaaratq IF-Sizzlerz
zaaratq
zaaratq

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 12:58am | IP Logged
Dear Mods and Admins,

As u can see from my title, it seems IF was down in all parts of india today and many of my india frens who are members of IF cant even open this page and gets a message of server is down... Is the site facing any virus attack or is there any other problem? My frens in India have complained that they cant open IF till now(IST 12.26pm 18 OCT) and they have complained that they have this problem for almost an hour every alternative day.. On lasy SUnday, Even i too faced this same problem.. Please clarify on what's the issue and PLEASE solve this issue asap...

Thank You

Zaara

Edit: now its back to working for indian users as heard from my fren...

Edited by zaara25 - 18 October 2011 at 1:01am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vijaydeboleena.mannaShrutheKrishna_Sourav

Krishna_Sourav IF-Addictz
Krishna_Sourav
Krishna_Sourav

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 1:03am | IP Logged
Zaara Thanks for the post
I agree with u totally
it's happening every alternative day
last sunday it's down all over world and now today INDIA it's down almost more than 1hour
y it's happening
pls  see this and solve the issue
 we r really worried

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zaaratqShruthe

Shruthe IF-Sizzlerz
Shruthe
Shruthe

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 1:04am | IP Logged
Yes IF was not opening on sunday morning for more than half an hour and today it was not opening for nearly 1.5 hours. I guess this problem of IF opening is only in India as my friends in Dubai, Pakistan were able to open it...

Request the mods to look into this issue at the earliest...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

zaaratq

vijay Admin Group
vijay
vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 1:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zaara25

Dear Mods and Admins,

As u can see from my title, it seems IF was down in all parts of india today and many of my india frens who are members of IF cant even open this page and gets a message of server is down... Is the site facing any virus attack or is there any other problem? My frens in India have complained that they cant open IF till now(IST 12.26pm 18 OCT) and they have comaplained that they have this problem for almost an hour every alternative day.. On lasy SUnday, Even i too faced this same peroblem.. Please clarify on what's the issue and PLEASE solve this issue asap...

Thank You

Zaara

Hi,

Thanks for the post.

First of all we also noticed a decline in Users from India then normal but it was not due to the issue at the server level but it seems that it was a connectivity issue for some ISPs in India to US servers.

We are further investigating the issue. There is no Virus or any sort of attack going.

In future also if you notice such problem the best solution to find where the problem lies is by doing a small TraceRoute test.

go to DOS Command Prompt:

tracert www.india-forums.com

And if the trace is stuck in between and is not able to complete drop us the screenshot so that we can check with the ISP and the Data Center.

Regards,
Vijay Bhatter

Edited by vijay - 18 October 2011 at 1:15am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

zaaratqShrutheKrishna_Sourav

zaaratq IF-Sizzlerz
zaaratq
zaaratq

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 1:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vijay

Dear Mods and Admins,

As u can see from my title, it seems IF was down in all parts of india today and many of my india frens who are members of IF cant even open this page and gets a message of server is down... Is the site facing any virus attack or is there any other problem? My frens in India have complained that they cant open IF till now(IST 12.26pm 18 OCT) and they have comaplained that they have this problem for almost an hour every alternative day.. On lasy SUnday, Even i too faced this same peroblem.. Please clarify on what's the issue and PLEASE solve this issue asap...

Thank You

Zaara

Hi,

Thanks for the post.

First of all we also noticed a decline in Users from India then normal but it was not due to the issue at the server level but it seems that it was a connectivity issue for some ISPs in India to US servers.

We are further investigating the issue. There is no Virus or any sort of attack going.

In future also if you notice such problem the best solution to find where the problem lies is by doing a small TraceRoute test.

And if the trace is stuck in between and is not able to complete drop us the screenshot so that we can check with the ISP and the Data Center.

Regards,
Vijay Bhatter

Thank you vijay... How about countries outside India? like i experienced the problem in singapore on sunday.. is there any issues on that? Ill inform my frens about your response.. Thank YOu once again...

Please do inform us once you have found whats the issue.. because this problem is upsetting many of my frens... they love IF so yeah...LOL

vijayKrishna_Sourav

vijay Admin Group
vijay
vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 1:34am | IP Logged

Dear Mods and Admins,

Thank You

Zaara

Hi,

Thanks for the post.

Regards,
Vijay Bhatter

Thank you vijay... How about countries outside India? like i experienced the problem in singapore on sunday.. is there any issues on that? Ill inform my frens about your response.. Thank YOu once again...

Please do inform us once you have found whats the issue.. because this problem is upsetting many of my frens... they love IF so yeah...LOL

The outage on Sunday was due to an unplanned Servers Security Patches (which is released by Microsoft for its Server Products from time to time) were being installed.

Regards,
Vijay Bhatter

zaaratqKrishna_Sourav

zaaratq IF-Sizzlerz
zaaratq
zaaratq

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 1:39am | IP Logged

Dear Mods and Admins,

Thank You

Zaara

Hi,

Thanks for the post.

Regards,
Vijay Bhatter

The outage on Sunday was due to an unplanned Servers Security Patches (which is released by Microsoft for its Server Products from time to time) were being installed.

Regards,
Vijay Bhatter

Thank You once again.. Really don knw what is it anyways but I just hope it doesnt happen too often because i don think i can stay away from this place and also suddenly such things happen so it sends panic mode to all users... as far as i knw me and my frens went crazy looking for IF on sunday..LOL

anyways THANK you once again and wil share this with my frens..

Zaara

Edited by zaara25 - 18 October 2011 at 1:39am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Krishna_Sourav

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top