New Seven wonders shortlisted

Posted: 18 years ago
The new set of seven wonders of the world is yet to be announced by Jan1,2007.The 21 finalists were been shortlisted by new7wonders panel.Only Taj Mahal is able to reach top 21 from India.
Most of us might be aware that Meenakshi Amman Temple,Madurai had been nominated for the top 21.But unfortunately it was not able to make it out.I heard that people voted in the wrong website and it made us to loose the wonderful oppurtunity of Meenakshi amman temple being shortlisted..
I felt atleast it could have been reached up to this level.

What you guys say????
I think it was pure ignorance and carelessness of ppl.
How can they vote on a wrong site regarding such an important matter.... 😑

otherwise..one of the seven wonders could have been well within India πŸ˜›

Originally posted by hazelgirl

I think it was pure ignorance and carelessness of ppl.
How can they vote on a wrong site regarding such an important matter.... 😑

otherwise..one of the seven wonders could have been well within India πŸ˜›

i 100% agree wid you.
well....let's not blame ny1-it was just not mant 2 b
Vishesh i agree most of your points the motivation of the group must be money.This voting plan has been put forth by panel of experts 6 years before and they started counting the votes for the past 5 years.
Now it is said some 1 year before they changed the website and the rules as if only one wonder will be selected per country but is not informed to us.Now they blame that we voted in the wrong website.Are we Indians made fooled by that commitee.
But if u say voting is not advisable and public cant be trusted then why do we go for public vote in selecting our ministers.
Now becos of this even taj Mahal is in danger..People may stop voting and it may not reach the top 7.

Originally posted by kavith_2305

The new set of seven wonders of the world is yet to be announced by Jan1,2007.The 21 finalists were been shortlisted by new7wonders panel.Only Taj Mahal is able to reach top 21 from India.
Most of us might be aware that Meenakshi Amman Temple,Madurai had been nominated for the top 21.But unfortunately it was not able to make it out.I heard that people voted in the wrong website and it made us to loose the wonderful oppurtunity of Meenakshi amman temple being shortlisted..
I felt atleast it could have been reached up to this level.

What you guys say????

i agree with you it is indeed sad that such a beautiful monument lost opportunity because of techinal error, i hope that atleast TAJ would make in the Final Seven.

wow
Atleast it made to top 21!!

I also hope taj mahal make it to the seven!! πŸ˜ƒ
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum.. Inspired by the topic would like to add my views here..
As we are talking about wonders of the world.. why we are stick on to seven.. if the wonders of the world are changing why can't be six or eight or even more.. can any one tell me is there any significance of seven❓.
That's a good question Mr.K...ya if someone can tell the significance of why ONLY 7? I think ancient greeks started out with 7 wonders list but why we are still stuck with 7? πŸ˜•
Originally posted by sowmyaa

That's a good question Mr.K...ya if someone can tell the significance of why ONLY 7? I think ancient greeks started out with 7 wonders list but why we are still stuck with 7? πŸ˜•

Sowmya,7 is a magical word why then 7 days in a week??