Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

.FlamingDesire.

IF-Sizzlerz

.FlamingDesire.

Posted: 17 October 2011 at 8:56am | IP Logged

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/article_horizontal/article-images/18kuch.jpg.crop_display.jpg

In a world where mom-in-laws are taking on their bahus with a vengeance, vampires are battling identity crises and contestants on reality shows are biting each other's heads off, the genre of medical romance is stealing hearts slowly and steadily. There's a fine balance of English and Hindi TV shows in this category, with Scrubs, Grey's Anatomy, Kuch Toh Log Kahenge and Balika Vadhu being popular serials.

The popular Pakistani medical drama Dhoop Kinare is here in a new avatar - Kuch Toh Log Kahenge starring Mohnish Behl and Kritika Kamra. "I am keen on watching this new show just to see how the magic of Dhoop Kinare has been re-created," says actor Yash who feels that medical shows are a great way for the audience to gain insight into the lives of doctors. "I have seen Mohnish Behl in Sanjeevani and loved how he projects himself as a doctor, which makes me doubly excited about catching Kuch Toh'"

Designer Seema Malhotra swears by the addictive quality of Grey's Anatomy. "My daughter is also a fan of this show and we both have a good time watching it together," says Seema, adding, "It's touching to see how the doctors deal with everyday medical challenges putting up a brave front and how they come to terms with death and loss. The element of hospital romance provides respite when things get too heavy emotionally. I love the relationship between Dr Miranda Bailey and Dr Richard Webber!"

Model Kovid Mittal quite likes the pairing of Jagya and Gauri in Balika Vadhu. "The two of them look good together and it's nice to see two doctors involved with each other on television. I like the way their relationship has been developed - how they meet in medical college, fall in love over study sessions, and are now pursuing their masters degree together. I am sure medical students relate to these situations which are a slice of life," says Kovid.

Professionals in the TV industry say that the success of this genre lies in its novelty. "Rarely do you get to walk into a hospital and see romance blossom between two doctors, amidst the high pressure situations. TV shows delve into the finer nuances of the doctors' lives, providing ample entertainment to viewers. This category is yet to catch on in Kannada television, but it seems to be doing quite well with audiences of Hindi and English television," says Subramanya MK, a director and producer of Kannada TV serials.

Edited by AbhiyaFan_Qusim - 17 October 2011 at 8:57am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

blueberries.-Deepali-Armu4evasur.sur001shamilyanks28cuttieeRajiniliciousshanti05

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Article: Carry On" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Rajinilicious

IF-Stunnerz

Rajinilicious

Posted: 17 October 2011 at 9:23am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing dear 

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 17 October 2011 at 9:30am | IP Logged
Thanks.. cute article... Embarrassed

aparna4karanika

IF-Rockerz

aparna4karanika

Posted: 17 October 2011 at 9:33am | IP Logged
thnks fr sharing

allura

allura

Posted: 17 October 2011 at 9:44am | IP Logged
wow!!!
thnx 4 such an awesum article

Roopal_ArDi

IF-Stunnerz

Roopal_ArDi

Posted: 17 October 2011 at 10:17am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing...its so cute and sweet...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anshul_002MaYur_AbhiSh

.FlamingDesire.

IF-Sizzlerz

.FlamingDesire.

Posted: 17 October 2011 at 10:24am | IP Logged
welcome friends!

-Deepali-

Coolbie

-Deepali-

Posted: 17 October 2011 at 10:37am | IP Logged
Thanks for Sharing:))))

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.