Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

sumiko

Groupbie

sumiko

Posted: 16 October 2011 at 5:28am | IP Logged
I saw Dhoop Kinare years ago. And I am very glad it is being done again. Ashutosh, Nidhi,s father Anjasi,s parents, Ashutosh's Baba and  his trusted Kaka are wonderful choices. But the female cast leaves much to be desired. Dadibua's characterisation is shabby, Both Nidhi and Anjai look plump and nearer 28 rather than 22 in age. Mallika should be much more alluring in her ways. Actually the lady lawyer's persona suits the role of Mallika. The clothes that all four wear don't suit them. The connectivity of this serial is dependent on dialogue. If your background music is going to make such a din the dialogues cannot be heard. The background music --if you continue like this people will get fed up with the din its making and lose interest. Come on all concerned no offense made ---I am sure India can do much better.
A random observation---Is the female cast underplayed on all counts so that Nidhi does not get overshadowed--Obviously Moshin Bhel can stand his ground---Rangnathan should take a leaf out of Sumeet Raghvan's book  ( Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai---Sahil--) Even then I must admit Rangnathan is good. I used to watch Kasturi and the chemistry between Shubangi Attre ie Kasturi and Moshin Bhel was very apparent even though the story had taken a bizare twist at that point.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "I Am Sure" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Roopal_TiaRa

IF-Sizzlerz

Roopal_TiaRa

Posted: 16 October 2011 at 11:12am | IP Logged
well i don't agree with u in any point...i really find the female cast amazing...they are so great...dadibua is really good and concering...i mean the lady who portrays this suit the character very well..she look serious and angry just like her character demand...and comeone anji and nidhi suit the character very well...they really look 22...and please we don't care for their ages...we just love the story...and mallika too is really great...she suits the character as it is of a mature lady..we should not limit a person to one character only...and also i disagree that ranganath should take leaf from anyone...he is very good and i love him and the whole female cast

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

anshul_002mentallycrazyNimmi.MaYur_AbhiShsunrise35Armu4evashaz2009chucklebuddy

moonkmh

IF-Sizzlerz

moonkmh

Posted: 16 October 2011 at 11:21am | IP Logged
I cnt agree wid u. 1st of all dadibua,is lyk al our typical grandmas extra swt n carng n smtym dmandng. She is a swthrt. N abt nidhi,seriously 28?? Kritika herself is going 2 b 23 yr old in dis mnth,n charactr demand a gal of 24 years. Leave d age part. Nidhi n anji r so cute n vry much in their charactr. In short m luvng d cast totaly.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mentallycrazy

rabzonedge

IF-Sizzlerz

rabzonedge

Posted: 16 October 2011 at 11:26am | IP Logged
ur post only shows..u r too possesive about DK...i knw..that was a gr88 series but KLTK z also gud...n cast iz awsum..i cant imagine nidhi n anji character done by any oder actors...

mentallycrazy

sumiko

Groupbie

sumiko

Posted: 17 October 2011 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Obviously all of you who have reacted haven't seen the original Dhoop Kinare. Good for you in a way  . As you have not seen it you have  nothing to be disappointed about. Just because a serial or a film is made many years ago its quality does not become obsolete. Good quality remains good quality.I wish that you see the original Dhoop Kinare then you will understand what I am talking about. Until then I don't think you can sit on judgement about my comments. Ofcourse You are entitled to your opinion . But my reaction to kuch to log kahenge based on Dhoop Kinare stems from the fact that I have seen Dhoop Kinare and can't help commenting that the creatives and others could have done a better job specially since they were inspired by the serial to such an extent that they have made the effort to bring it on the Indian scree.---Thatsall folks--Any way each to his own---Wish you all happy viewing

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 17 October 2011 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sumiko

Obviously all of you who have reacted haven't seen the original Dhoop Kinare. Good for you in a way  . As you have not seen it you have  nothing to be disappointed about. Just because a serial or a film is made many years ago its quality does not become obsolete. Good quality remains good quality.I wish that you see the original Dhoop Kinare then you will understand what I am talking about. Until then I don't think you can sit on judgement about my comments. Ofcourse You are entitled to your opinion . But my reaction to kuch to log kahenge based on Dhoop Kinare stems from the fact that I have seen Dhoop Kinare and can't help commenting that the creatives and others could have done a better job specially since they were inspired by the serial to such an extent that they have made the effort to bring it on the Indian scree.---Thatsall folks--Any way each to his own---Wish you all happy viewing

I have seen DK atleast a few 100 times... so i can safely. DISAGREE with ur post..!!

The female casting is spot on... while i agree that... Fazilat was much more endearing  in DK.. Sheena was... (the less said the better..)  Rukhsar as Mallika is far more HUMAN n easy to empathise with... !! The original Sheena was the biggest disappointment for me in the show..!!

Marina Khan n Rahat Kazmi have a style ..class of their own. .n for me they were perfect in DK.. .jus like.. MB n Kritz are perfect in KTLK..!! Ishita as Anji is decent too...!! Tho i personally like Kehkasha more..!

And i think no one can sit on judgment on anything.. Forums are about sharing povs... not passing judgments..!! So happy viewing to u too!! Big smile

Edited by Armu4eva - 17 October 2011 at 12:53pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

...RamonaG....AreYaar

shaz2009

IF-Dazzler

shaz2009

Posted: 17 October 2011 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
Sumiko,I have seen Dhoop Kinare but I still disagree with you,as I think the whole  cast are doing a fabulous job in their respective roles and all compliment their characters well.I also think that Mallika is doing a much better job then the original Sheena as I really couldn't connect with her acting as her expressions seemed off and lost at times...also I find this Angie more appealing than the original.Dadibua also fits her role well as the original was quite loud so she matches up to that aswell.and as for Kritika she is doing a fab jod as her acting is something that people will take notice of.
Anyway I don't want to compare too much with DK as KTLK has it's own essence and flavour even though it has been inspired by DK but we can't expect every character to be exactly like the original as that would be no fun in watching.

AreYaar

Damyanthi

Goldie

Damyanthi

Posted: 18 October 2011 at 3:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sumiko

I saw Dhoop Kinare years ago. And I am very glad it is being done again. Ashutosh, Nidhi,s father Anjasi,s parents, Ashutosh's Baba and  his trusted Kaka are wonderful choices. But the female cast leaves much to be desired. Dadibua's characterisation is shabby, Both Nidhi and Anjai look plump and nearer 28 rather than 22 in age. Mallika should be much more alluring in her ways. Actually the lady lawyer's persona suits the role of Mallika. The clothes that all four wear don't suit them. The connectivity of this serial is dependent on dialogue. If your background music is going to make such a din the dialogues cannot be heard. The background music --if you continue like this people will get fed up with the din its making and lose interest. Come on all concerned no offense made ---I am sure India can do much better.
A random observation---Is the female cast underplayed on all counts so that Nidhi does not get overshadowed--Obviously Moshin Bhel can stand his ground---Rangnathan should take a leaf out of Sumeet Raghvan's book  ( Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai---Sahil--) Even then I must admit Rangnathan is good. I used to watch Kasturi and the chemistry between Shubangi Attre ie Kasturi and Moshin Bhel was very apparent even though the story had taken a bizare twist at that point.
I agree with you on some points and disagree with you on others. I like the female cast and I especially love Nidhi and Anji's chemistryEmbarrassed Dadi bua is great too and I think she acts well, except that she looks a tad too young to be Nidhi dadi bua, bua would have been good enough. Initially, I found Mallika a little artificial, but now I think she's doing a great jobBig smile 
I agree with you on the BG music being a little too loud though. Sometimes one cannot hear the dialouges, especially when Ashatosh is talking.
I don't like Nidhi's costume either. Kurta and leggings is great for a young women, but I somehow don't like the designs much.
And as I read in another article, the Saiyan is used too often and must be cut down.
I like Ranganath tooWink .
Monish Bhel is given a lot of importance, but the same amount of importance is not given to Kritika. The other females are given equal, if not more, screen space. Maybe because they too are seasoned actors with experience in the film industry. So no, I don't think the other females are being underplayed. On this note, I feel Kritika's doing a fab job and I like her as Dr. Nidhi Smile

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.