Diya Aur Baati Hum

Will U let Ur Daughter-in-law be IPS Officer ?

desikudi2008 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
If your daughter-in-law or daughter wants to become an IPS officer what will you do?😉

For example if it's your daughter you want to find her good husband and marry her off. Or if it's daughter-in-law, you expected a susheel simple wife for your son. You expect her to be good bahu types who take cares of family and doesnt get into too much trouble.  😛

Well you might not mind if she becomes engineer or doctor. But IPS is a tough job different from other careers. She will be busy and sometimes in risky situations like facing terrorists and baddies.😉 So what will you do if your daughter in law or daughter wants to be in police? Will you allow or disallow saying "iss khaantan ki bahu maar peet nahin karegi" (this house's bahu wont get into beating up etc)😆
Edited by desikudi2008 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Nice topic.

I don't have problem with daughter-in-law being IPS and would also convince son to agree upon but if it is daughter, I am not sure 😆 because it is difficult to find a suitable groom.
Edited by b2011 - 12 years ago
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
When I can dream of getting my son serve nation and be proud of that fact, why cant i let my DIL do the same ????? 

even my son will have to face life and death situations some times, so is same for DIL too ...

if i ever have a son , i would want him to join ARMY , only if he is willing to though ... 
sameera_ori thumbnail
Originally posted by: JustJ

When I can dream of getting my son serve nation and be proud of that fact, why cant i let my DIL do the same ????? 

even my son will have to face life and death situations some times, so is same for DIL too ...

if i ever have a son , i would want him to join ARMY , only if he is willing to though ... 

Right on.😛...it wouldnt matter whether its my son or my daughter or my daughter in law😛😛...i would be glad👏 and i would feel proud of her as wel👏⭐️l...and anyways if u dont want such a DIL then make it clear before marriage😊,..y break a girls dream... but i would never say no to her😛...at the same time i would tell her😛..go ahead but be prepared to face challenges in every form...😃
Rose_Petal thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
🤔 I see I'm going to be the one on the other side here. I wouldn't want my daughter or daughter-in-law to be a police officer...but then I don't imagine my son as a police officer either. I don't mind if their involved in law enforcement in some other way but I don't want them to become police officers. It's not just the risk either...and I understand the value of those who fight crime. Still, I would rather have them become teachers or something if they must work for the government...actually, I think it's working for the government that just puts me off for some reason. 😕😆  
_mahi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
oh wow great topic👏
i guess i won't have problems with my daughter or DIL's dream to become an IPS officer😳.. they have their life and they got rights on it😃.. i will definitely support them to exceed their expectations of themselves😊.. but i wont let them work in a place where they will have to use bad words🤢..seriously i hate them😡 .. but they would have to manage their times so that their families wont feel left out😃.. otherwise i will alwyz support them..Embarrassed
Prinsesse.Suvi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
They would live in a separate house..why would I care? Jks...Mm if my son has an arranged marriage then I won't ask him to meet anyone aspiring to be an IPS officer in the first place...I'd be too scared..what if something happens to her?
Same with my son..if he really likes the career, then I won't force him...but I'll try and keep him as non-violent as possible..if he wants to help the world, I'd rather he become a lawyer or politician😆
Edited by Suvi7884 - 12 years ago
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
risks are there in life even when you cross the road.   Let it be daughter, daughter in law ,son or son in law, if  they are happy in their life it will good for the family. One thing i agree is that the transfers and long hours or may be non 9-5 hours. It is not good to hold anyone back in fear of what if.  When time comes things fall in to the place and life goes on.  Indeed it will be extra responsibility at home for the MIL and the husband since the DIL has more responsibility at work.
I am so glad that my mom,husband  did not stop me from full filling my dream.
Edited by cimba - 12 years ago
desighal thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Who am i to stop my daughter-in-law. She is her own person and in this day and age- she is educated and can make/take her own decisions.

If i as parent give my kids that freedom to choose whatever careers they want, i am sure my DIL's parent's did the same and i would be supportive.

however if i was asked for my advice, i would give my reservation on any career that puts their lives in danger- whether that be my son, daughter, DIL or SIL asking.
desikudi2008 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the replies. It's true they are individuals with their own dreams. So if a daughter or son truly wants to be an IPS Officer and that's their dream then their family should allow them to choose their dream. If someone dreams passionately about being a police officer then they are brave enough.