Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

DC- In conversation with Kritika Kamra

shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
In conversation with Kritika Kamra

What did you find interesting about a love story between people from two different generations?

A. I am a practical person. I liked the story and my character. The age difference didn't matter much, and in a love story, it shouldn't matter because love can happen anytime and at any age. It can be an older man-young girl, or an older woman-young man love story.

Q. Do you think it will work with an audience that is used to watching young love stories?

A. Well, if it worked 25 years ago it should work now. Dhoop Kinare was a very popular show but the story has been adapted to suit today's audience. The writers have taken the best elements from the original story and adapted it and given Kuch Toh Log Kahenge its own unique feel and texture.

Q. Tell us about your character.

A. I am playing Dr Nidhi Verma. She is in her early 20s, cute, spirited and full of fun and slightly whacky. She was forced by her mother's last wish to become a doctor. She is a fresh intern at a hospital where Dr Ashutosh (played by Mohnish Behl) is a chief surgeon and head doctor.

Q. What could be the reason for their mutual attraction and liking for each other?

A. Well, he is the best surgeon and she works under him. He is a strict disciplinarian, a loner and does not trust any relationship in his life. But Nidhi is irrepressible, incorrigible and a complete prankster. She makes lot of mistakes but somehow they start liking each other.

Q. Is it a complicated love story?

A. No, it's a simple story of a relationship set in a hospital. It's not a highly dramatic soap but yes, it deals with and highlights the nuances of a complicated relationship when two people with a big age difference fall in love. But the process of falling in love is really beautiful.

Q. Where does it end?

A. I guess it should end in neutral territory. That's the original story, at least. It is innocent love without any physical contact, or sexual overtones between them.

Q. How did you get the role?

A. I don't know how they thought of me but I was called for audition. The producer was very picky and choosy. The channel admin and the producer were very careful about casting the female lead and I had to go through quite a few rounds of "look tests" before I was finalised for the role.

Q. Were you aware of the original show?

A. I had not heard about Dhoop Kinare but my parents had seen it.

Q. Aren't you stuck with love stories? Your debut show was also a love story that ran for two seasons.

A. Well, the two shows are completely different and so are my characters in them. I am really excited about this show as much as I was excited about Kitni Mohabbat Hai three years ago.

Q. How is your relationship with Karan Kundra shaping up?

A. Well, we are quite close and consult and help each other in our work.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KaranKittu4eva thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Lovely article! Loving Dr.Nidhi. KTLK truly is a beautiful show.
N man in every article they r asking about her relationship with Karan. Leave them alone they r much in love n don't need clarify ntn.
PS: Kittu is lookin drop dead gorg in that Pic ;)Edited by KaranKittu4eva - 12 years ago
Armu4eva thumbnail
Thanks for sharing...!! :)
Loved reading Kritz thots..

Really hope so... this comes true..
Q. Where does it end?

A. I guess it should end in neutral territory. That's the original story, at least. It is innocent love without any physical contact, or sexual overtones between them.

asmuasmi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
thanxxx its osum artcle!!
Arjuhisis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for sharing this
i luved the last question and krtiz answer for the same
hope all is well
CANNOT thumbnail
In conversation with Kritika Kamra

What did you find interesting about a love story between people from two different generations?

A. I am a practical person. I liked the story and my character. The age difference didn't matter much, and in a love story, it shouldn't matter because love can happen anytime and at any age. It can be an older man-young girl, or an older woman-young man love story.

Q. Do you think it will work with an audience that is used to watching young love stories?

A. Well, if it worked 25 years ago it should work now. Dhoop Kinare was a very popular show but the story has been adapted to suit today's audience. The writers have taken the best elements from the original story and adapted it and given Kuch Toh Log Kahenge its own unique feel and texture.

Q. Tell us about your character.

A. I am playing Dr Nidhi Verma. She is in her early 20s, cute, spirited and full of fun and slightly whacky. She was forced by her mother's last wish to become a doctor. She is a fresh intern at a hospital where Dr Ashutosh (played by Mohnish Behl) is a chief surgeon and head doctor.

Q. What could be the reason for their mutual attraction and liking for each other?

A. Well, he is the best surgeon and she works under him. He is a strict disciplinarian, a loner and does not trust any relationship in his life. But Nidhi is irrepressible, incorrigible and a complete prankster. She makes lot of mistakes but somehow they start liking each other.

Q. Is it a complicated love story?

A. No, it's a simple story of a relationship set in a hospital. It's not a highly dramatic soap but yes, it deals with and highlights the nuances of a complicated relationship when two people with a big age difference fall in love. But the process of falling in love is really beautiful.

Q. Where does it end?

Q. How did you get the role?

A. I don't know how they thought of me but I was called for audition. The producer was very picky and choosy. The channel admin and the producer were very careful about casting the female lead and I had to go through quite a few rounds of "look tests" before I was finalised for the role.

Q. Were you aware of the original show?

A. I had not heard about Dhoop Kinare but my parents had seen it.

Q. Aren't you stuck with love stories? Your debut show was also a love story that ran for two seasons.

A. Well, the two shows are completely different and so are my characters in them. I am really excited about this show as much as I was excited about Kitni Mohabbat Hai three years ago.

Q. How is your relationship with Karan Kundra shaping up?

A. Well, we are quite close and consult and help each other in our work.

ALUJNA21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
thanx for sharing it was great but with one of her answers it can be known that the show will not be a long one.
Filza. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

thanks for sharing. 

loved her answers. But i don't even want to think of its end now! Hope they don't just end it at the point where the story was concluded in DK but show more of Nidhi and Ashu together.

RamonaG thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9
TFS  as for how long it will run  its a Rajan Shahi show it will run a year at least actually his shows run an average of 3 yrs😆 example bidaai yrkkh