Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Hessa85

Goldie

Hessa85

Posted: 14 October 2011 at 4:19pm | IP Logged
Well caught up with Dharampatni.  Have to say I was gobsmacked by Kasturs naivety,  did she just really hand over her gold without question? on  the day of her wedding? BEFORE the wedding?  I understand the concept of loyalty towards your husband/partner,  but then that works BOTH ways.  I understand its drama world,,, and mohan will reform  and then all will be rosy and all of kasturs putting up with crap and being taken advantage will prove to be worth it.  But isnt the message being passed on to viewers regressive?  or is just me who thinks that.  should kastur really have been shown as being so blind that she couldnt question how much she can trust the man  who has already shown his darker side.  he is not in the least bothered or affected by kastur,,, this has been clear throughoutConfused

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Naive Much?" in Dharampatni forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Jaz1990

IF-Dazzler

Jaz1990

Posted: 14 October 2011 at 4:51pm | IP Logged
She is naive, but according the synopis of the show, kastur will soon find out about mohan's grey side, then we will just have to see how kastur deals with mohan, because i dont think she will remain naive after she finds out, well lets hope not.

-mesmerised-

Goldie

-mesmerised-

Posted: 14 October 2011 at 6:18pm | IP Logged
There is definitely an element of naivety with Kastur, which i'm assuming will be explored throughout the show.

But you have to remember that this is the girl that has been dreaming about her marriage to Mohan for the past 4 years and in a way is blinded by her love for him. Ermm Mohan asking her for her bridal jewellery on their wedding day is a big thing... i guess she saw the severity of the situation he must have been in and wanted to help.

Also, we as an audience know Mohan couldn't care less about her but she doesn't. Ouch Apart from the time he was rude to her outside her house, he has been fairly nice to her... civil at the very least. In fact sometimes, it's appeared as though he does like her... their sangeet performance is a good example.

I don't think Kastur thinks deeply into things and what she has seen of him, she's taken at face-value. That's my interpretation of her character anyway... Embarrassed

P.S. Welcome to the forum, hope to see you here more often. Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pyar-ishk

likarsh

IF-Sizzlerz

likarsh

Posted: 14 October 2011 at 7:20pm | IP Logged
Don't worry it's not just you.  Others had problems with it too.  I also said something similar after that episode aired.

We know this is a love story. I thought that episode and the episode right after were two beautiful episodes.

But, I was still sad at seeing Kastur take her jewellery. Seeing the bride without her jewellery, was just Confused   And like I said that day, we know this will turn into a love story but brides and wives who have to go through this shit in real life, it usually isn't nor does it turn into a love story.

I don't really think any of us are happy with the whole 'Kastur dreaming about being Dharampatni.'  I can only hope her goals change.  In fact just today I was thinking, I wish she had some other ambition.  She for some reason dropped out after 9th standard, fine.  But why couldn't they show her as someone with some artistic capabilities?

Edited by likarsh - 14 October 2011 at 10:03pm

Soaps1

IF-Stunnerz

Soaps1

Posted: 14 October 2011 at 9:01pm | IP Logged
There is just one catch in forcing someone to give their jewellery and them giving it willingly (what mohan did is wrong not justifying that but just explaining why kastur may have done it. If Kastur had not given it, i don't think Mohan could back off from the wedding, so the regressive message in my opinion did not come in, since he did not threaten her that if she does not give it he will not marry her or anything, like people do in real life. He was in a mess and Kastur is blindly in love with him so much so that for 4 years of life she has seen nothing but him, so when he comes and asks if you trust me give it to me and did not even lie to her, infact he clearly said i don't want to lie to you but i can't tell you the truth ... after that it was completely her choice to give or not ... but kastur's blind love for him made her do it ... i do think many in her place would do what she did (except the women who love nothing but money and jewellery) but yea they would be curious to know why he wanted them though, its human nature.

But I don't think we can relate this to the dowry thing or men forcing their wives to give their jewellery thing, as this was quite different in circumstances. So atleast in my opinion it does not give a regressive message because the purpose here was to show kastur's blind love for him and how she can go to any extent for it.  

I feel this is how her character has shown to be ... her world starts and ends with Mohan. Also saw your other post .. now connecting the two ... she has imagined and dreamed so much and have seen so many movies (thanks to baa i guess LOL ) that she has a certain image of married life in her mind of which doing ding dong the very first night is part of the deal, hence her desperation. But her image is quite unreal and needs to change because practical and real life is far from it.

Edited by Soaps1 - 14 October 2011 at 9:03pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

manasi_31likarshpyar-ishk

likarsh

IF-Sizzlerz

likarsh

Posted: 14 October 2011 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
^^ I agree with that above.  What made it work was the way Mohan approached and asked her. And then he was ready to leave, in a ...well I gave it a shot, wasn't really expecting it anyway manner.

All said and done their interaction in the dressing room was beyond a doubt my favourite part of the episode.  

sam123_0

IF-Rockerz

sam123_0

Posted: 14 October 2011 at 10:17pm | IP Logged
I think a person who is blindly in love for 4 years.. thinks, dreams only about Mohan.. her day starts with Jai Shri Mohan and ends also with Jai Shri Mohan... So expecting Kastur to do what she did makes complete sense.

As for Mohan... I am not justifying what he did.. but if you see he kept getting the calls from the goans every few hours.. so in a desperate time.. he went to her.. not expecting her to give him anything. Obviously he couldnt go to his own family as he clearly stated.. he did not time to answer their questions... and he also made it very clear to her that he cant lie or tell her the truth.

Now to the line you have mentioned

how much she can trust the man  who has already shown his darker side.  he is not in the least bothered or affected by kastur,,, this has been clear throughout

Kastur has not seen Mohan's grey side... apart from him coming and yelling at her at home for which he told her he was just testing her. She is not aware of the fact that Mohan is not bothered or affected by her presence. From Kastur's point of view.. she has seen only nice things ... when he took her out on the apparent "date". So now when she starts living with him thats when reality will hit her... and hopefully the CVs will show us how Kastur comes out of her bubble but still loves Mohan.

But what will be interesting to see... what will make Mohan change... what will make him start noticing Kastur... what will make him fall in love with her... So the story will be very very interesting if taken in the right path!Big smile

Edited by sam123_0 - 14 October 2011 at 10:19pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

manasi_31likarshpyar-ishk

ukkud

ukkud

Posted: 14 October 2011 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
I hope they dont show that kastur goes through hell and puts up with any crap shown to her .Hope they make her awoman  with lot of spunk in her who gives it back.But i doubt it cause in all the serials mostly they show women who take any crap in the name of love or family honour.  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

likarsh

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.