Bade Acche Laggte Hai

DC: Serials on right track -- BALH

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Serials on right track

A still from Bade Acche Lagte Hain.
A still from Bade Acche Lagte Hain.

The allure and charm of some Hindi songs never fade away. Now, titles of television serials are inspired by popular Hindi songs.

Sony's newest telly venture Kuch Toh Log Kahenge is the latest to join this trend. Star Plus' Sasural Genda Phool and Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behena, Colors' Laagi Tujhse Lagan and Sony's Bade Acche Lagte Hain are some instances which have become very popular with the youth due to their branding.

GenY is not only getting familiar with these tunes but also have developed a liking towards them. The titles have been creating a lot of interest, as they say volumes about the show as well.

Mohnish Behl who plays Dr Ashutosh in Sony's Kuch Toh Log Kahenge remarks, "When you use a familiar phrase, it registers with the audience much faster and the focus remains on the show. It also becomes a conversation point. But one has to remember the story has to flesh out, as the name can only take you that far."

Jay Soni aka Ishaan, of Sasural Genda Phool agrees, "I really liked the title of the show as it was so catchy and also happens to be a very popular track. It definitely creates more interest than regular titles. But ultimately, the success of the show depends on the story and performance of actors."

Actress Radhika Gandhi manages to catch up with these shows when she is not shooting, "I often find myself humming the tunes! They have been composed very well and still remind me of the original songs, which I grew up listening to."

Not all shows reflect the meaning behind the title but they do create the required buzz to push up the TRPs.

Giving much respite from the over hyped saas-bahu formula, these shows are also dabbling with concepts that appeal to a larger audience, and the titles are like icing on the cake. It's nice to see youngsters also tuning in to Indian shows and if such marketing strategies help, then why not?" adds Radhika.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/tabloid/glam-sham/serials-right-track-590