Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 13 October 2011 at 9:55am | IP Logged

Age is justa number

-A +A
Font
Chaya UnnikrishnanPosted: Oct 14, 2011 at 1313 hrs IST
Kritika Kamra, who makes a fetching pair with Mohnish Bahl in Kuch Toh Log Kahenge, talks about doing the unconventional love story.

What kind of response have you been getting for your serial?

It's only been five days since the serial has gone on air and the numbers will be out this week. However, the response from my friends and family members has been extremely positive and I am glad because it has been liked by people who matter to me.

Tell us how did the role come to you?

I got a call from the production house Director's Kut after which I gave a look test and did a workshop. I was quite keen on the role given the fact that it is based on a legendary show like Dhoop Kinarey, which was a rage 25 years ago. The first thing I did after getting a nod from producer-director Rajan Shahi was google Dhoop.. and I was hooked instantly. I watched the entire series in one night and that assured me that I would love playing it.

How well do you relate to the character of Nidhi?

Nidhi is completely like me and you know everyone loves himself/herself (laughs). Nidhi is a young, chirpy, bubbly girl but she also has layers to her character. I am making sure that she is not like Arohi the character I played in Kitani Mohabbat Hai. Arohi was a bubbly but loud Punjabi girl like Kareena Kapoor in Jab We Met. The best thing about Nidhi is that she is subtle and real. I have to underplay her. Even the styling is casual. In fact, at times I forget that I am acting because I just have to be myself.

What is your equation with your co-star Mohnish Bahl?

We are completely professional. I have seen him in films since I was a kid and he is popular across age groups. I like him and even my mother likes him!

But the serial relies heavily on the chemistry that you both will share in the coming episodes.

Right. That's what I am saying, when both of us are in character the chemistry comes out automatically. The writing has a lot to do with it. We have been getting a positive feedback since the hoardings have been put up. I met Mohnish for the first time when we shot for the hoardings and we had only two shots together, the rest were solo and yet people thought there was a good chemistry between us.

What is your take on younger girl-older guy romance?

I have seen quite a few couples like this and they are happy. I don't think age difference is a big deal now. What matters is the compatibility though if you ask me it is not a practical thing simply because people are different at different ages. But if people love each other despite the differences good for them. Who am I to comment!

There are reports that you are seeing Karan Kundra..

(Cuts in) I am told that I am seeing him.

Are you denying it?

No, I am not saying that either. (grins)

@screenindia.com

The following 29 member(s) liked the above post:

dent4umadhurameshan-anzaeram-nupskaewakomalSinghblueberries.-Deepali-AmnaIshAhlaweyanaj7Girl-Lawsworth-Khush-riniiiiachieveripkknd06.vrshn.minizzchammak_challoFilza.kavyasamhermososonia_koolkhannycsweetiecuttiee...RamonaG....Bamonforever-Priya01Roopal_ArDi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Age is just a numbah-- Kritika" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Roopal_ArDi

IF-Stunnerz

Roopal_ArDi

Posted: 13 October 2011 at 9:59am | IP Logged
thanks a lot for sharing...loved the interview...kittu is so cute...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anshul_002MaYur_AbhiSh

...RamonaG....

IF-Sizzlerz

...RamonaG....

Posted: 13 October 2011 at 10:00am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing yet another lovely articleHug
AshNi really make a very cute pairEmbarrassed

Edited by ramonag - 13 October 2011 at 10:08am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anshul_002

Anjalii...xXx

IF-Sizzlerz

Anjalii...xXx

Posted: 13 October 2011 at 10:06am | IP Logged
I don't understand y this article is asking Kritz about her dating Karan?!! it was declared ages ago on SBS dat they r a couple and both Kritz n Karan confessed..everyone knows it!!...den y this question and the answer from Kritz..i'm confusedConfused

anyways a nice article..Tongue..Loving Nidhi n Dr NidhiEmbarrassed

Edited by Anjalii...xXx - 13 October 2011 at 10:38am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rose-girlkavyasammanjha

-Priya01

IF-Stunnerz

-Priya01

Posted: 13 October 2011 at 10:10am | IP Logged
Thxs for sharing this nice article

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 13 October 2011 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Wow...super interview.. Kittu is damn cute Embarrassed

kavyasam

IF-Rockerz

kavyasam

Posted: 13 October 2011 at 10:37am | IP Logged
But kritika  also had said that Arohi-2 was very real was just like herEmbarrassed ,  it felt easy to play that role since she just had to be herself Tongue.  Arohi2 was adorable.   

as far as Nidhi,  nidhi too is bubly and chirpy and equally adorable.  may be she will transform into the subtle and mature as the story grows. Embarrassed, like the look of Nidhi, .   I wish the show huge success. 

Edited by kavyasam - 13 October 2011 at 10:57am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rose-girlAnjalii...xXx

chammak_challo

IF-Rockerz

chammak_challo

Posted: 13 October 2011 at 11:27am | IP Logged
First thanks for the article -

Secondly, isn't it obvious that Kritz is seeing Karan ?Confused

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.