Debate Mansion

When Ganesha idol drank milk- what was..

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 30 January 2006 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
Hey Debators i am reminded of this amazing phenomenon that happened some 11 years ago !!! One fine day the world woke up , but Delhites (don't know if it happened else where) ,who went to the temple and offered Geneshji's murti milk watched with shock , amazement and wonder when Ganesh ji's idol lapped up the milk like it hadn't had a drink in ages !!Tongue

I too was in College then and recall all my college mates rushed to the nearest milk booth ........bought a packet each, and then headed to the closest Mandir to feed Ganesh Ji . And we were amazed when Ganesh Ji drank away from our hands too . I tried this with my copper murti at home and it worked !!SmileSmile

Now what was that ???????????? Was it evidence that miracles do happen . A way for god to show that he is very much there !!!To prove his existence !!

Or was it some thing scientfic . Some weird Science explanation . Where one day all Ganesh idols drank milk no matter where you fed them , your own home or a temple .

I want to know what all of you think was that . And i am wondering if there was any one who tried this too 11 years ago !!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "When Ganesha idol drank milk- what was.." in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*dolly*

IF-Sizzlerz

*dolly*

Posted: 30 January 2006 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
no I donot know of that Confused
u say it happened in delhi.
But iam from delhi too and 11 years ago , i think I was in US.I will have to ask my parents this.
did it really happned woh.
personally I think miracles happen.See , i think what u cannot explain through science is a miracle.Some say it is hokus focus , some say it is all in your head. But I think before u jump on any conclution see if that so called miracle is not man made Wink u know what I mean.But this particuler incident ,i would like to know more. Smile

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 30 January 2006 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dolly

no I donot know of that Confused
u say it happened in delhi.
But iam from delhi too and 11 years ago , i think I was in US.I will have to ask my parents this.
did it really happned woh.
personally I think miracles happen.See , i think what u cannot explain through science is a miracle.Some say it is hokus focus , some say it is all in your head. But I think before u jump on any conclution see if that so called miracle is not man made Wink u know what I mean.But this particuler incident ,i would like to know more. Smile

Sure let me see if i see something on the internet . At that point all Newspapers had also reported this bizaare incident .

o.k here are some links that report the incident.
http://theory.tifr.res.in/bombay/leisure/trivia/ganapati-m ilk.html

http://www.netscrap.com/netscrap_detail.cfm?scrap_id=359

http://home.no.net/rrpriddy/lim/Milk%20Miracles.htm

http://www.shareintl.org/archives/signs-miracles/sm_milkmi r.htm

This is my favourite , an article written by a Internationally aclaimed Indian author wrote his experince and tried to look at the scientfic explanation .too !!

http://www.shashitharoor.com/articles/folklore.htm

Edited by Aparna_BD - 30 January 2006 at 12:52pm

sweetsorrow18

IF-Rockerz

sweetsorrow18

Posted: 30 January 2006 at 12:55pm | IP Logged

it worked here...and i live in canada

*dolly*

IF-Sizzlerz

*dolly*

Posted: 30 January 2006 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
woh,
i will check

mist

Groupbie

mist

Posted: 30 January 2006 at 4:33pm | IP Logged
Yeah I remeber. Thats the same year I learnt capillary action in physics so I was very sceptical. We tried with the Ganesha idol at home and initially it did seem like the idol accepted the first few spoons of milk! But we realized gradually that it was seeping from the murti Smile
Besides I remeber the news reports at that time. They showed the outlets from temples with milk pouring out of it. So I am really sceptical about this one.

renu_1919

renu_1919

Posted: 30 January 2006 at 4:42pm | IP Logged
Hey I remember that! Yes, it happened here in Canada and I had fed GaneshJi myself also! I can recall the media covering this "miracle" and they had looked for a scientific explanation for it and did not find any. If you think about it, there cannot be a scientific reason. How can Ganesha idols all around the world drink milk, all of a sudden and all during the same time period? I believe this was a reminder from God that He/She is here and just to never loose faith!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 30 January 2006 at 5:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mist

Yeah I remeber. Thats the same year I learnt capillary action in physics so I was very sceptical. We tried with the Ganesha idol at home and initially it did seem like the idol accepted the first few spoons of milk! But we realized gradually that it was seeping from the murti Smile
Besides I remeber the news reports at that time. They showed the outlets from temples with milk pouring out of it. So I am really sceptical about this one.

mist i had myself tried this with dozens of girl friends and did not see any milk over flow !!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top