Mythological Masti

Mahabharata Related Discussions (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 19

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 05 December 2011 at 11:13pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=.Vrish. they may either resume the Mahabharata track, or they may start Krishna on some of his other adventures that don't involve the Pandavas.  /QUOTE]

I also wish they show some of Krishna's other adventures- not the fictional kind they have been showing the last couple of weeks

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mahabharata Related Discussions (Page 5)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Suneel_kumar

IF-Dazzler

Suneel_kumar

Posted: 06 December 2011 at 3:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Let's see!  They showed up to the killing of Bakasura, but after that, they hijacked it into the current track about Sudama, probably b'cos they hadn't finalized on a Draupadi.  Now their options - they may either resume the Mahabharata track, or they may start Krishna on some of his other adventures that don't involve the Pandavas.  If they do the latter, I do wish Balarama & Revathy are back - I miss them.
thnx Smile

i hope they continue mahabharat track soonSmile

Aradhana87

IF-Dazzler

Aradhana87

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Suneel_kumar

Let's see!  They showed up to the killing of Bakasura, but after that, they hijacked it into the current track about Sudama, probably b'cos they hadn't finalized on a Draupadi.  Now their options - they may either resume the Mahabharata track, or they may start Krishna on some of his other adventures that don't involve the Pandavas.  If they do the latter, I do wish Balarama & Revathy are back - I miss them.
thnx Smile

i hope they continue mahabharat track soonSmile

so do I but they should show shri krishna story too along with Mahabharat track.

Suneel_kumar

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 3:22pm | IP Logged
From Draupadi's swayamvar onwards, Krishna is very much a part of the Mahabharata track, except during the Pandava exile (actually, to an extent, even during that - he met w/ the Pandavas and advised them, saved Draupadi from Durvasha, and he & Satyabhama once met the Pandavas on another occasion)

Only after the Ashwamedha yagna did Krishna & the Pandavas part ways.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 04 January 2012 at 6:04am | IP Logged
I have a question about Kuntibhoj & his son Purujit, the adoptive father & brother of Kunti.  Both of them fought in the Kurukshetra war and were killed by Dronacharya.  Question here - does anyone know which days they were killed, and the circumstances?  If possible, a citation on the Mahabharata pages would be really helpful.

Nandiniraizaada

Nandiniraizaada

Coolbie

Nandiniraizaada

Posted: 09 January 2012 at 9:27am | IP Logged

From Draupadi's swayamvar onwards, Krishna is very much a part of the Mahabharata track, except during the Pandava exile (actually, to an extent, even during that - he met w/ the Pandavas and advised them, saved Draupadi from Durvasha, and he & Satyabhama once met the Pandavas on another occasion)

Yes absolutely, There is so much to show yet they are using fiction. I font understand their strategee

Aradhana87

IF-Dazzler

Aradhana87

Posted: 10 January 2012 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by NandiniPS

Yes absolutely, There is so much to show yet they are using fiction. I font understand their strategee
True and I would also like to know more about Subhadra. Like her origin and how she was before falling in love with Arjun. I never saw a serial focusing more on Yaduvansh. RS Krishna did in a nice way but I would love to see more on Balrams "kids" and how Dwarka was ruled.

.Vrish.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 11 January 2012 at 2:04am | IP Logged
Aradhana

I had wished for the same thing, but from day 1 itself, this serial disappointed.  The only people in Dwarka then were Krishna, Balarama & Revathy; Vasudeva & Devaki made a brief appearance during Rukmini's wedding, and after Devaki temporarily got back her 6 sons, she & Vasudev disappeared.

Krishna had a pretty personality rich environment.  There was Balarama & Revathy, Ugrasena was king, Vasudev, Akrura, Uddhav, Satrajit, Prasenjit, Satyaka, Hriddhika (father of Kritavarma), Bubru and a whole lot of Yadava, Vrishni and Andhaka clansmen were there - much of this is discussed in the Doubts & Discussions thread of this forum. Some characters, like Satyaki, are important, as they feature prominently later in the Mahabharata war.  And Subhadra, like you point out - she grew up in Mathura & Dwarka, and it's pretty lame if they only show her after Indraprastha has been built.

But getting back to the serial, after Vasudev disappeared, Rukmini, Revathy & Balarama too disappeared after the killing of Narakasura.  They never showed Krishna's marriages to the latter 5 of his wives.  Essentially, Dwarka looks like a ghost town w/ just Krishna, Jambavati and Satyabhama there.  They introduced this serial showing Balarama as the ruler of Dwarka, which he actually never was, but on Monday, they showed only Krishna, Jambavati & Satyabhama in court distributing gifts - no Balarama & Revathy.

Sagar Pictures has done a piss poor job putting together this serial. The only attraction is Vishal, who does an excellent job as Krishna, otherwise, the entire serial is really mediocre, given the richness of the subject they are dealing w/.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

varaali_charu_

Post Reply New Post

Go to top