Mythological Masti

Mahabharata Related Discussions (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 19

jayeetamitra

jayeetamitra

Posted: 28 November 2011 at 11:57am | IP Logged
anyways,

i personally think the best character in mahabharata is bhisma... i love this character... i know he fought in the side of adharma, but he always tried 2 save dharma...he is really a great personality... he was really a helpless person...what do u think ????/Cry

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mahabharata Related Discussions (Page 4)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 29 November 2011 at 2:30am | IP Logged
Naah, I have little respect for him @ all, and not just for that reason.  He behaved like a thug in abducting Amba, Ambika & Ambalika - if the ruler of Kashi didn't want the Kurus to marry them, he had no business forcing it.  Again, w/ Subala, he asked for Gandhari's hand for Dhritarashtra, and it was impossible for that ruler to refuse.  What was his idea in giving Dhritarashtra a wife who'd give him 100 sons?  And he knew that Kunti had already had a baby Karna, which is why he approached Shalya and asked him to give Madri to Pandu.  But if he knew that, why not prevent Pandu from marrying Kunti in the first place?

Sorry, but Drona was another vile character, and Bheeshma was only mildly less vile.  I have no respect for him.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vik rocks

jayeetamitra

jayeetamitra

Posted: 29 November 2011 at 11:26am | IP Logged
its ur point of view...but i like the character...any comments abt krishna...is it ur fabourite????

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 29 November 2011 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
In Mahabharata, my favorite is Bhima, followed by Satyaki.  These 2 were uncompromising against the Kauravas.  I might have liked Krishna more had he played the role of a combatant and made Kaurava warriors such as Bhishma, Drona, Ashwatthama, Karna feel really evil to be confronted by the lord himself.  But I do understand why he did what he did.  In fact, Balarama, Krishna & Arjun come next, in that order.  Only thing I regret about Balarama is his partiality towards Duryodhan, otherwise, he was a great hero.  I also highly admire Pradhyumna & Anirudha, for the way they confronted Shambara & Banasura.

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 1:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

I I might have liked Krishna more had he played the role of a combatant and made Kaurava warriors such as Bhishma, Drona, Ashwatthama, Karna feel really evil to be confronted by the lord himself.  But I do understand why he did what he did.

So why did Lord Krishna do what he did? 

I always felt that Krishna becoming Partha's Sarathy has deep symbolic and spiritual meaning. I don't want to elaborate on this right now, maybe once the serial reaches the MB war, we can have a full fledged discussion on  Bhagavat Gita 

.Vrish.

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 1:49am | IP Logged
We'll discuss this then, but I think the reason Lord Krishna did what he did was that this was the Pandavas' war to fight, which is why he didn't.  Had he fought, the vows of Bhima & Arjun to kill Duryodhan, Dushashan & Karna would have been redundant, since Krishna could have ended the war in a day w/ zero causalities on the Pandava side and major casualties - including DDKS - on the Kaurava side.  Such a war wouldn't have gone into day 2.

Otherwise, why else would it be worth his killing Sishupala, Shalva, Narakasura, et al, but not Dushashan, Duryodhan, Jayadrath & Shakuni?

But we can discuss this during the Udyoga Parva timeframe.  In fact, it would merit its own thread.

varaali

Suneel_kumar

IF-Dazzler

Suneel_kumar

Posted: 05 December 2011 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
is mahabharat track end?

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 05 December 2011 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
Let's see!  They showed up to the killing of Bakasura, but after that, they hijacked it into the current track about Sudama, probably b'cos they hadn't finalized on a Draupadi.  Now their options - they may either resume the Mahabharata track, or they may start Krishna on some of his other adventures that don't involve the Pandavas.  If they do the latter, I do wish Balarama & Revathy are back - I miss them.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sheetal0102Suneel_kumar

Post Reply New Post

Go to top