Mahabharata Related Discussions - Page 3

Posted: 12 years ago
i ve some different views my friend...i read the epic and i find some another views..
arjuna karna and pitamaha all were great warriors...but lord chose arjun for some reasons...
arjuna defeated karna and pitamah  many times...remember virat judh...arjuna was alone.. but defeated kuru sena including bhisma and karna...in the war also he defeated them... 2nd day of war was arjuna's day...bhisma failed 2 stop him...at the time of killing jayadratha, karna failed 2 stop him..he defeated karna...,and the same happened at draupadi's syambar..arjuna broke karna,s dhanush

bhisma had eccayamrityu kabach...this was not right for a great warrior...shikhandi was arjuna's kabach...so he used her that time..arjuna's ban couldnot break that kabach but bhisma could not break arjuna's dhaal...palla was same and arjuna won...these words are bhisma in mahabharata

karna was a great warrior...but he went 2 a wrong path...always provoked duryadhan for war ... little bit of jealous...took part in bastraharas,,told some bad words... and aLSO BROKE RULE in killing abhimanyu...1 of the 8 warriors who killed abhimanyu was karna...so arjun also broke rule 2 kill him...

arjuna had divyastra...but in real mahabharata there wwas adiscussion of arjuna and draupadi...arjuna told that he did not use divyastra as it would harm mankind...if i used them the war would end up in 2 days but everything would destroy...he always stood for dharma...so lord also chose him for gita
Originally posted by jayeetamitra

i ve some different views my friend...i read the epic and i find some another views..
arjuna karna and pitamaha all were great warriors...but lord chose arjun for some reasons...
arjuna defeated karna and pitamah  many times...remember virat judh...arjuna was alone.. but defeated kuru sena including bhisma and karna...in the war also he defeated them... 2nd day of war was arjuna's day...bhisma failed 2 stop him...at the time of killing jayadratha, karna failed 2 stop him..he defeated karna...,and the same happened at draupadi's syambar..arjuna broke karna,s dhanush

bhisma had eccayamrityu kabach...this was not right for a great warrior...shikhandi was arjuna's kabach...so he used her that time..arjuna's ban couldnot break that kabach but bhisma could not break arjuna's dhaal...palla was same and arjuna won...these words are bhisma in mahabharata

karna was a great warrior...but he went 2 a wrong path...always provoked duryadhan for war ... little bit of jealous...took part in bastraharas,,told some bad words... and aLSO BROKE RULE in killing abhimanyu...1 of the 8 warriors who killed abhimanyu was karna...so arjun also broke rule 2 kill him...

arjuna had divyastra...but in real mahabharata there wwas adiscussion of arjuna and draupadi...arjuna told that he did not use divyastra as it would harm mankind...if i used them the war would end up in 2 days but everything would destroy...he always stood for dharma...so lord also chose him for gita

I agree with those views but I am not sure if Karn insulted Draupadi at vastraharan. Yes I know that he did not stop Duryodhan but as in the 80s serial shown I dont think Karn insulted her with those words. As far as I know Karn had some respect for women also but due to his "love and loyalty"for Duryodhan he did not stop him.
ya,,,,
karn insulted her by telling her beshya at that time...he told that if she had already 5 husbands then what was the prob to sit on duryadhan's jangha...after when karn came 2 know that pandavas were his own bros, then he felt sorry for this...he also did not want 2 come in front of her for his words...
he was a good person ,he had respect for women...but only this time ...bura sagaat ka asar hai...
after his words arjun promised 2 kill him
Originally posted by jayeetamitra

ya,,,,
karn insulted her by telling her beshya at that time...he told that if she had already 5 husbands then what was the prob to sit on duryadhan's jangha...after when karn came 2 know that pandavas were his own bros, then he felt sorry for this...he also did not want 2 come in front of her for his words...
he was a good person ,he had respect for women...but only this time ...bura sagaat ka asar hai...
after his words arjun promised 2 kill him

Yes that is what I saw in the serial but I could not find it in the epic(the book). I know that he was angry with Draupadi as she insulted Duryodhan when he fell into water but am not sure if he used those words for her.
anyways,

i personally think the best character in mahabharata is bhisma... i love this character... i know he fought in the side of adharma, but he always tried 2 save dharma...he is really a great personality... he was really a helpless person...what do u think ????/😭
Naah, I have little respect for him @ all, and not just for that reason.  He behaved like a thug in abducting Amba, Ambika & Ambalika - if the ruler of Kashi didn't want the Kurus to marry them, he had no business forcing it.  Again, w/ Subala, he asked for Gandhari's hand for Dhritarashtra, and it was impossible for that ruler to refuse.  What was his idea in giving Dhritarashtra a wife who'd give him 100 sons?  And he knew that Kunti had already had a baby Karna, which is why he approached Shalya and asked him to give Madri to Pandu.  But if he knew that, why not prevent Pandu from marrying Kunti in the first place?

Sorry, but Drona was another vile character, and Bheeshma was only mildly less vile.  I have no respect for him.
its ur point of view...but i like the character...any comments abt krishna...is it ur fabourite????
In Mahabharata, my favorite is Bhima, followed by Satyaki.  These 2 were uncompromising against the Kauravas.  I might have liked Krishna more had he played the role of a combatant and made Kaurava warriors such as Bhishma, Drona, Ashwatthama, Karna feel really evil to be confronted by the lord himself.  But I do understand why he did what he did.  In fact, Balarama, Krishna & Arjun come next, in that order.  Only thing I regret about Balarama is his partiality towards Duryodhan, otherwise, he was a great hero.  I also highly admire Pradhyumna & Anirudha, for the way they confronted Shambara & Banasura.
Originally posted by .Vrish.

I I might have liked Krishna more had he played the role of a combatant and made Kaurava warriors such as Bhishma, Drona, Ashwatthama, Karna feel really evil to be confronted by the lord himself.  But I do understand why he did what he did.

So why did Lord Krishna do what he did? 

I always felt that Krishna becoming Partha's Sarathy has deep symbolic and spiritual meaning. I don't want to elaborate on this right now, maybe once the serial reaches the MB war, we can have a full fledged discussion on  Bhagavat Gita 
We'll discuss this then, but I think the reason Lord Krishna did what he did was that this was the Pandavas' war to fight, which is why he didn't.  Had he fought, the vows of Bhima & Arjun to kill Duryodhan, Dushashan & Karna would have been redundant, since Krishna could have ended the war in a day w/ zero causalities on the Pandava side and major casualties - including DDKS - on the Kaurava side.  Such a war wouldn't have gone into day 2.

Otherwise, why else would it be worth his killing Sishupala, Shalva, Narakasura, et al, but not Dushashan, Duryodhan, Jayadrath & Shakuni?

But we can discuss this during the Udyoga Parva timeframe.  In fact, it would merit its own thread.