Update 8: Pataliputra

Update 9: Tomyris
Update 10: The Army of Mauryan Empire

Update 11: Images of Akhand Bharat

Update 12: The Decline of Mauryan Empire
Update 13: Porus letter to Alex
Update 14: Alex letter to his Mother

Update 15: About CGM's 3rd Wife
Update 16: Map of 16 Mahajanapads (16 States)

Update 17: Gandhar
Update 18: Epics & Puranic Traditions
Update 19: Commotion in Taxila during Chanakya's Time

Update 20: Chanakya Introduction
Update 21: Chanakya's Childhood & Education

Update 22: From Childhood of Chanakya

Page 16:http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1913744&TPN=16
Update 23: Archealogical evidences of Ancient India
Update 24: Literature writings abt Durdhara

Update 25: The Vishkanya!!

Update 26: The Prime Minister..

Update 27: Chanakya and his childhood

Update 28: Chanakya entered Taxila University
Update 29: India in the past

Update 30: Why can't Chanakya be Kautilya?
Update 31: Who was Chanakya?

Update 32: Blessed by Acharya.
Update 33: Life as a student.

Update 34: Myths about history.
Update 35: Life as a student teacher and home sickness

Update 36: Relation between guru and shishya.

Update 37: Life as an Acharya
Update 38: Remembering Acharya and his words

Update 39: The Persian spy
Update 40: discussions between Mehir, Chanakya and Sinharan

Update 41: Journey to Patliputra
Update 42: Dandyayan's and his bhavishyavaani
Update 43: Thinking of the dream

WinkHey from few days..I was thinking abt starting a new topic which is related to history...
And here I am... This is what I found out of my curiosity about Chandragupta Maurya...
Wink

What makes Chandragupta totally awesome is that he was totally paranoid out of his mind. He built a huge palace with hundreds of beds and he never slept in the same place twice. He had food testers taste everything he ate and he created the first ever secret police to defend him from assassination. The best part about it though is that he had an entourage of seven hundred female bodyguards that followed him everywhere he went. He said that he trusted females more to defend him and so he compiled his unit from the best Greek and Indian women he could find. That's just freaking awesome. 

Chandragupta turned over his empire to his son in 298 BC and went in the desert to become a Jain Monk, where he became so totally X-treme that he fasted himself to death.

well I believe that most of us know this... and the thing is that this was the idea of Chanakya!!!
Chandragupta Maurya is also listed in the top 10 list of World's Most Badass personalities ...by many historians
It is also said that many times he just stepped into Dhanananda's palace with a bare sword in his hand and obviously got caught and chanakya managed him to get out of prison...{as shown in the show}
So, guys any comments.?????Shocked
Criticism not allowed...
phir bhi criticise karna ho to send me a PM...
[just joking]
This is my first topic ...so plz give a positive response...
for those who don't know the meaning of badass...let me tell them badass meand an aggresive and rough guy...  OuchOuch

Edited by justjayati - 16 November 2011 at 11:16am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

adutta94ashi.melodyfireRitu278prachimishra85-Amri-.Comics_Music.Radhikeraniswethasyam08Charu21smile.saratiny15

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The rough guy in town...Chandragupta" in Chandragupta Maurya forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

justjayati

Goldie

justjayati

Posted: 09 October 2011 at 7:21am | IP Logged
kisi ko iss article se agar problem ho to let me tell u ye mere views nahi balki maine ye sab pata lagaaa hai... plz apne comments se meri topic page ki shobha badhayen...Big smile
aur aise hi interesting facts hume bataayen...

Edited by justjayati - 09 October 2011 at 7:26am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ashi.melodyfireswethasyam08smile.sara

radhikarani

IF-Rockerz

radhikarani

Posted: 09 October 2011 at 7:36am | IP Logged
no problem. Kyu problem hogi? Pehle v we use 2 share hist lyk dis.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

justjayati

radhikarani

IF-Rockerz

radhikarani

Posted: 09 October 2011 at 7:39am | IP Logged
pm se pehle hi padd li :P

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

justjayatiswethasyam08

swethasyam08

IF-Veteran Member

swethasyam08

Posted: 09 October 2011 at 9:01am | IP Logged
thanks for the pm Jayathi! 

actually i have found various articles and got a book of CGM's entire history and collected it so that i can share it with all. but due to my health issues could not do it till date. 

waz planning to open a thread for this in near future but u made my work more easy. Smile 

there are many stories regarding CGM childhood not much but reg, his birth and and later till he met Chanakya. there waz abt chanakya too who he waz n what kind of man waz he. will share u slowly in this coming week (Mostly) Wink 

the kings who ruled the magadh dynasty from start to later till Asoka and their reigns.  history of Dhananand n co. 

there is lot much to share which are very interesting. will try to put up on this thread of ur's (hope u don't mind Wink) so that i need not start a new thread LOL. will get back again with atleast a starting topic for this soon.

planning even for Shivaji's history also. will plan accordingly and try to put those in a row in respective forums.

Swetha

Edited by vss08 - 09 October 2011 at 9:05am

justjayati

prachimishra85

Goldie

prachimishra85

Posted: 09 October 2011 at 9:30am | IP Logged
Nice... Meri History refresh hogayi
Thanks for the PM

Heart Prachi

justjayati

smile.sara

IF-Sizzlerz

smile.sara

Posted: 09 October 2011 at 11:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by justjayati

WinkHey from few days..I was thinking abt starting a new topic which is related to history...
And here I am... This is what I found out of my curiosity about Chandragupta Maurya...
Wink

What makes Chandragupta totally awesome is that he was totally paranoid out of his mind. He built a huge palace with hundreds of beds and he never slept in the same place twice. He had food testers taste everything he ate and he created the first ever secret police to defend him from assassination. The best part about it though is that he had an entourage of seven hundred female bodyguards that followed him everywhere he went. He said that he trusted females more to defend him and so he compiled his unit from the best Greek and Indian women he could find. That's just freaking awesome. 

Chandragupta turned over his empire to his son in 298 BC and went in the desert to become a Jain Monk, where he became so totally X-treme that he fasted himself to death.

well I believe that most of us know this... and the thing is that this was the idea of Chanakya!!!
Chandragupta Maurya is also listed in the top 10 list of World's Most Badass personalities ...by many historians
It is also said that many times he just stepped into Dhanananda's palace with a bare sword in his hand and obviously got caught and chanakya managed him to get out of prison...{as shown in the show}
So, guys any comments.?????Shocked
Criticism not allowed...
phir bhi criticise karna ho to send me a PM...
[just joking]
This is my first topic ...so plz give a positive response...
for those who don't know the meaning of badass...let me tell them badass meand an aggresive and rough guy...  OuchOuch

ThanX!! hmmm women guards, 100s of bed, food testers, secerete police defend himself for assassination...sounds interestng...but i wonder Sagars will never show CGM so much protective toward himself...which in my opinion is very realistic...
Sara 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

justjayati-Amri-Radhikeraniswethasyam08

swethasyam08

IF-Veteran Member

swethasyam08

Posted: 09 October 2011 at 5:29pm | IP Logged
As said earlier here are few details of Magadh empire and Maurya dyansty details. will give a description of other details in future posts if u all like this and willing to know the details of it. 

Note: The years mentioned are near to the original and are not exact.

The Kings before Maurya Dynasty, years they ruled and the reign in B.C 

Bimbisara              28      519-491 B.C.

Ajatasatru             25      491-466 B.C.    

Darsaka                27      466-441 B.C.  

Udayi                    33      441-408 B.C.  

Other kings           55      408-353 B.C.   

Nandas                  40      353-313 B.C.   

The Maurya Dynasty

King                    Length of Reign (Yrs)             Date  B.C.

I         Chandragupta                 24                                   313 - 289

2        Bindusara                       25                                   289 - 264

3        Asoka                              36                                   264 - 228

4        Dasaratha                       8                                     228 - 220

5        Samprati                         9                                     220 - 211

6        Salisuka                         13                                   211 - 198

7        Devavarman                   7                                     198 - 191

8        Satadhanvan                   8                                     191 - 183

9        Brihadratha                     7                                     183 - 176

Total                                        137                                313 176 

Year(B.C.)

Event

Foundation of Pataliputra.

Birth of Chandragupta.

Chandragupta met Alexander the Great, End of Greek domination in the Punjab by Chandragupta.

Chandragupta invaded Nanda dominions.

Coronation of Chandragupta.

Seleukos Nikator defeated by Chandragupta.

Death of Chandragupta.

please hit the like button for updates. i know most of u know abt the history of CGM just want to put all in a place. do let me know so that i can continue to give the details. 

Swetha

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

adutta94ashi.melodyfireAmor.justjayatiRadhikeraniradhikaranikaushikbasu.Comics_Music.-KaShti-tiny15Charu21smile.sara

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.