Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Shyam - This song's for you

Writer42 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
I was listening to this song and it so totally applied to the character of Shyam Jha. Have a listen. It is from Metallica - Unforgiven III. It made me think of the character's deceit and Shyam's crooked smile, his arrogance and lack of conscience so wonderfully and effectively acted by actor Abhaas Mehta. I hope I got his name right.

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKP8FnoIvrY&feature=related

Special thanks to Obsessionsxtreme for posting the lyrics to Youtube :-)

Let me know if the link doesn't work. Thanks, feedback is appreciated.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

YPNHK_kiFANno.1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Yeah especially this part: 
"Set sail to sea but pulled off course 
By the light of golden treasure 

Was he the one causing pain 
With his careless dreaming?"

I just read the lyrics, he is a horrible man, but what a great actor right? ðŸ˜Š
Edited by YPNHK_kiFANno.1 - 12 years ago
Archanafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The lyrics totally apply to the character Shyam, portrayed so well by Abhaas Mehta as you pointed out.

The song is awesome, as is Metallica.

But it is amazing how you picked the right song for the right character...the gold is def. Khushi...thanks for sharing the link, loved the song! But love your writing more, please keep writing.

Writer42 thumbnail
Originally posted by: YPNHK_kiFANno.1

Yeah especially this part: 

"Set sail to sea but pulled off course 
By the light of golden treasure 

Was he the one causing pain 
With his careless dreaming?"

I just read the lyrics, he is a horrible man, but what a great actor right? ðŸ˜Š

Abhaas Mehta is a great actor. Whenever he's doing Shyam you as a viewer feel repulsed particularly when he succeeds as a villain in whatever he sets out to do in any episode. I think this particular actor totally gets the role and he does his job well. The negative reaction to Shyam is proof of that. Mr. Mehta is doing a good job.

It's like the character of Hannibal Lector in Silence of the Lambs, he was so bad that you liked watching him but felt scared and repulsed at the same time. I don't think people like watching Shyam on their screens but the actor does achieve his goal of having people hate him.

I was listening to the first Unforgiven song by Metallica, then I listened to the second one but the third one instantly made me think of Shyam how, he would consider Khushi to be his golden treasure and how he would be without any kind of guilt or conscience. I don't think Shyam would ask for forgiveness, because then he'd have to examine his whole life which has been a lie. Which is why I thought the song totally applied to this character. As the first Metallica Unforgiven song main line said and I quote "I dub thee unforgiven". So too is Shyam he will remain unforgiven.

Brilliant actor.
Writer42 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Archanafan

The lyrics totally apply to the character Shyam, portrayed so well by Abhaas Mehta as you pointed out.

But it is amazing how you picked the right song for the right character...the gold is def. Khushi...thanks for sharing the link, loved the song! But love your writing more, please keep writing.

Hi ArchanaFan,

Yes, Metallica has some great songs but I love their Unforgiven trilogy best . I agree Khushi is Shyam's golden treasure like the song says. He's so obsessed with her. I'm glad you liked the song. Thank you for your support and I'm glad my writing has had so much positive feedback here. It spurs me to write more, plus it's so much fun to write.
rechus thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Archanafan

true..
rechus thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Very gud.. It suitable for shyam.. Thanks for link..
Writer42 thumbnail
Originally posted by: rechus

Very gud.. It suitable for shyam.. Thanks for link..

Thanks so much Rechus. Appreciate it.