Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Team INDIA fans #14CC Congrats 2 RD for 13K runs (Page 145)

anku- IF-Sizzlerz
anku-
anku-

Posted: 25 November 2011 at 10:04am | IP Logged
Backkk.

Shona, u saw the movie? LMAOO @ those scenes being nice where that chick didnt feature ROFL She's really bad eh? ROFL Awww, its great to be back tooo Hug HEHE. YESS. Hols till Feb and after that also, I dont go to college.. U know na I just go on the test days or assignment submission days :P So, its like chutti till next May LOL

I am gonna misss watching Mahi in the series but he does deserve a break so I am happy he got one =)

anku- IF-Sizzlerz
anku-
anku-

Posted: 25 November 2011 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Debzyyy, Nidzzz Hug

I want Yams to be a part of our thread tooo =( She said she would come LONG time back and she hasn't ever :| :@

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-RegalVintage-

shona. IF-Rockerz
shona.
shona.

Posted: 25 November 2011 at 10:08am | IP Logged
@ Anku-i hate that chick...u lucky girl getting chutti til may..me too will Mahi batting, esp in powerplays but the guy deserves a break
shona. IF-Rockerz
shona.
shona.

Posted: 25 November 2011 at 10:09am | IP Logged

Happy to play with seniors: Kohli

25 Nov 2011

By: BCCI

Rating:

Enlarge

Mumbai, Nov 25: Playing his first Test match in India, Virat Kohli scored a half-century and struck up a useful partnership with R Ashwin that saved the hosts the ignominy of a follow-on. The youngster, who had a below average series against the West Indies in the Carribean earlier this year, was determined to change things this time around and made a good impression with his timely knock.

At the post-match press conference he spoke about his batting and the preparation that goes into it.

Excerpts:

On his preparations before the series

When someone comes into the team, we have team meeting where the [newcomer] has to give a speech. So they made me do that again and I said the first series for me was a disappointment and I said hopefully I can get things right this time. I was in a good mental space before coming into this Test series; I scored runs in the series against England. But Test cricket is a totally different ball game and it was difficult for me because I put myself under pressure in the West Indies by thinking too many things and was not sure what I wanted to do out in the middle so. Restricting that feeling of thinking too much was difficult for me for the last two or three days but I spoke to a few people in the team [about it]. I spoke to Sachin [Tendulkar] during nets [and] he told me to do the same things I do normally and not sleep at 9 or 9:30 just because it's a Test match ['] He told me to relax and just do normal things I do in day-to-day life. That helped me keep my mind off [the pressure] and I went in in a difficult situation in the morning but I cherish playing under pressure situations. It was more like going out in a one-day match. It was the start of the day and I went in initially so that suits me a lot; that pretty much helped and I was concentrating all the time because of the team needing me.

On batting at No. 6

It's not an easy position, No. 6, in Tests. When I went in, I was playing the role of someone who was a set batsman and as soon as two batsmen got out, I had to be the one to play with the lower-order batsman. [There was a] complete transition in half an hour to 45 minutes; it's a good learning curve. In all the Test matches [I have played] I have gone in [in] tricky situations ' before lunch, before tea. The more I can learn from my first few matches the better it will be for me going ahead in Tests.

On R Ashwin

He came out and started playing shots and I was standing at one end trying to handle the pressure, trying to get the situation right. And he gets five fours in 10 balls. He was pretty relaxed, confident with the ball as well ' someone who is a bowler and can bat a bit; the confidence rubs off. It was good he was in that kind of space. He came out and timed the ball well; we all know he has got two first-class centuries. It was good to have him scoring from one end; I could bat myself in and spend more time in the middle. It was a very good innings from him indeed.

On playing short balls

I was tagged as someone who cannot play the short ball after West Indies, so when I went in, I knew they were going to throw short balls at me. It is all about having a good mindset; I am more of a mindset player. Being in form is all right, but I need to be in the right frame of mind. Today was one of those days when I thought, 'Ok, doesn't matter if they bowl short, I am going to get my full stride out'. I was pretty confident about what I wanted to do. I had a blank mind before playing every ball ' that kind of helped. Test matches are all about mental toughness.

On missing out on a hundred

The way I was going, the way the situation was, I am not saying that I am guaranteeing I could get a hundred, but it was a perfect scenario for me to get a big score. I wanted to go with the turn, but did not get too much elevation; I middled the ball but it went it straight to the fielder. It was one of those days. Cricket is a game like that; if it had gone over the fielder, everyone would have been, 'He went against the turn and got a six'. If it does not get executed, they say, 'He could have waited'.

On Sachin Tendulkar missing out on his hundredth hundred

I think a lot of people have started putting unnecessary pressure [on him]. He has achieved so much [already]. Like MS [Dhoni] said, the milestone is going to happen; people are making such a fuss about it ['] I was still batting when he came back but he was pretty relaxed after that. It has happened to him a lot of times ['] Obviously he would be disappointed, but he is not one to be disappointed for too long and was pretty relaxed.

On sharing the dressing room with stalwarts

It's a privilege to be part of the same dressing room [as the legends]. I never thought I would even get to meet these people face to face; now I'm sharing the dressing room with them. It has been wonderful; you learn so many things from them, especially in practice sessions. And everyone has their own way of preparing before the match or on match days ['] In practice sessions you can learn a lot from them, the way they practice, their intensity, they will take a certain number of catches every day, they will hit a certain number of balls everyday. It is not something they are complacent about; it is more of a habit for them. That is what makes them great players.

On being recalled to the squad

To a certain extent I thought I got the West Indies tour because so many players were resting. But not having done well there and scoring runs again and getting back into the team was satisfying for me. It's probably a better feeling having seniors in the side and getting included ' that way you know the selectors and team management are showing faith in you [and expect you] to do well in that format.

On the match scenario

Our aim was to get early breakthroughs, which we got. We would have loved to have four wickets, but it did not happen. Tomorrow could be interesting if we could get early wickets and try to put pressure and may be get one and a half sessions to bat. The game could be pretty much alive, pretty exciting.

On the atmosphere at Wankhede

I love playing on this ground. I totally love the atmosphere, there is something about this ground; this is one of my favourite [grounds]. Right from the World Cup final, spending time in the middle in a pressure situation, so many expecting you to do well, keeping my calm in that situation obviously helped me; I have played on this ground a few times. The atmosphere helps when you are under pressure.

anku- IF-Sizzlerz
anku-
anku-

Posted: 25 November 2011 at 10:11am | IP Logged
@Shona: I dont like eher either ;) Are you jealous of my hols? :D ApproveCool :P LOL
-RegalVintage- IF-Sizzlerz
-RegalVintage-
-RegalVintage-

Posted: 25 November 2011 at 10:12am | IP Logged
I will miss Mahi's Helicopter shots. Embarrassed But anyho-Aussie tour beckons him..He will be at his fittiest best then..:D 

Anku..Heyy..Hug
i will be back in a while prolly..din't have my dinner till now..Mum's nearly hysterical about it..LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anku-

aa123.80 IF-Sizzlerz
aa123.80
aa123.80

Posted: 25 November 2011 at 10:13am | IP Logged
ANKUUU! You there? Hug

Heyy Shona! Hug
shona. IF-Rockerz
shona.
shona.

Posted: 25 November 2011 at 10:18am | IP Logged