Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

India-Forums

Trophy Piece; Thy Name Sandhya (Page 3)

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 08 October 2011 at 7:26am | IP Logged
Agree with you tanthya. Sandhya was indeed like a trophy for Bhabho.  Indirectly it may help Sandhya because Bhabho would not want to admit she made a mistake in choosing the wrong girl for her beloved Suraj. So she may be kinder while dealing with Sandhya when she goofs up than she is with her other daughter-in-law.  I loved the scene where Suraj helps Sandhya finish up the sweets by taking the left over sweets and gobbling them up quickly so that people do not notice she could not eat them all.  The guy has his eyes fixed on her all the time and understands even the slightest of discomfort she may be feeling.  The extent of empathy he has for her is heartwarming.  I'm sure his heart will cry out for her once he comes to know how much this poor girl really lost.    

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011Dreamygal301ChillMaarYaartanthya

tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 08 October 2011 at 7:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BhartiKhushi909

Originally posted by tanthya

Originally posted by b2011

Big smile  Your analysis of the episode from Sandhya's standpoint is nice

Tanthya, bhabho's "Dil Se" was very nice.  Is it necessary to feed the new couple that much sweets?

Thank You, Bharathi Big smile

Haina, even i liked it and the way she utters it ...I don't have any idea, I have not attended Rajasthani wedding ..But I Surely would have died  had I been forced to eat so many sweets at one go..LOLLOL

i was thinking OhGod plz help her , help her , wat if , if she starts vomitingDead

beautifuly described dear

well i think bhabho is not heartless n its proved to me nowEmbarrassed

Yes !! Even I was thinking that she may throw up ..but did u notice there was a hint of a smile [ she suppressed it ]  when Deepika was eating Gulab  Jamoon..[  feel the effect  of off screen masti]

Thank You, Jaaneman

Babho is teekhi mirchi on the outside and rasmalai on the inside Big smile
tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 08 October 2011 at 7:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JustJ

lovely one Sathya , really liked reading it ... 

Thank You very Much, Jaya ...Big smile
Essence.. Goldie
Essence..
Essence..

Posted: 08 October 2011 at 9:24am | IP Logged
Nice post. So true.
sameera_ori Senior Member
sameera_ori
sameera_ori

Posted: 08 October 2011 at 9:57am | IP Logged

Originally posted by bewafa

Very well said!

I really liked it how you analysed it from both angles.

Poor girl though man, she can't even get a word in...she's pretty scared of Bhabho...her "bhaboji" when Bhabho barges in was very well done.

The actress who plays Sandhya has definitely improved a lot in terms of her acting abilities.

Just so sad that SurYa won't get a chance to go on a honeymoon where they can get to know each other better. Damn it.

Haiye...how CUTE is he though?? Marjawaan gud khaake types LOL

Thank you, Bewafa ,

I do not think she is scared , whenevr given an opportunity, she has aired her feelings without  any fear ..I think she is reserved and is just getting herself acclimatised to the new environs ..

Yes, Deepika really  has improved ..and that too in a month's time ..

Zyada Gud sehath ke liye achi nahi hai ji.. zara namkeen ki bhi zaroorat hai WinkLOL
Nice post guyss..Tongue...and yes i felt bad for Sandhya too.CryCry...poor girl already has so much on her plate and now all this parading.CryDeadCry...but looking through Bhabho's point of view it was a bit neccessary.Ouch...do u remeber the kind of comments these low minded ladies gave to Bhabho AngryAngryConfusedOuchwen Sooraj's marraige was brokenAngryAngryOuch...those comments were really bad.AngryAngryDead...and that too on somebody like dear SoorajEmbarrassedAngry , no mother can tolerate that..AngryDead...and she is not heartlessTongue...she told Sandhya about the Mithi Thaal ritualSmile and explained why is it impOuchSleepy...she told her rightly that these women have dirty minds and have came here only to find faults and badmouth her family.SleepyOuchAngry...she also understood wen she saw Sandhya's booksTongue...sympathised with herTongue...so its right bothways
Tongue
and Bewafa and Tathya.TongueBig smile...main to pehle hi gud,LOLLOL,,,,mithaiLOLLOL...chocolatesLOLLOL khake mar chuki hun Sooraj ke picheEmbarrassedEmbarrassedDay Dreaming...ab socho mithe se mera ye haal haiOuchEmbarrassedROFL,,,,to namkeen se kya hoga.ROFLROFL...Hayeee Sooraj is sooo cuteEmbarrassed and deliciousHug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ChillMaarYaar

tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 08 October 2011 at 3:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lakshm

nice analysation  from both bhabo and sandyas point of view...

Thank you, Lakshm Smile
tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 08 October 2011 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angelic8219

Originally posted by Angelbud

I think its not reality based!  A woman forces her son to get married in 15 days and puts him and a random girl through this misery just so she can prove a point to some neighbours?  This cant happen in real life in India!  Not very believable is it!  I mean do people in India really care that much about others opinions, even ridiculous ones like these?  Embarrassed

Sadly they do care about other peoples opinions, I think its a village thing.  Don't know about Sandya feeling like a Trophy piece but I certainly do when I visit my dad's village in India, the relatives can't stop saying your from the UK to random people and some people can't stop staring you, I'm an alien or something, I'm no different to them just better dressed lol. 

Yes, It is more of a rural mindset  but things are changing  there too ...now with better connectivity.. the  fascination is decreasing..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bewafa

bewafa IF-Dazzler
bewafa
bewafa

Posted: 08 October 2011 at 5:31pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by angelic8219

Originally posted by Angelbud

I think its not reality based!  A woman forces her son to get married in 15 days and puts him and a random girl through this misery just so she can prove a point to some neighbours?  This cant happen in real life in India!  Not very believable is it!  I mean do people in India really care that much about others opinions, even ridiculous ones like these?  Embarrassed

Sadly they do care about other peoples opinions, I think its a village thing.  Don't know about Sandya feeling like a Trophy piece but I certainly do when I visit my dad's village in India, the relatives can't stop saying your from the UK to random people and some people can't stop staring you, I'm an alien or something, I'm no different to them just better dressed lol. 

Yes, It is more of a rural mindset  but things are changing  there too ...now with better connectivity.. the  fascination is decreasing..

Thank the lord that the fascination is decreasing! It all feels so uncomfortable when going back to India! LOL

Of course everyone still stares at you which I suppose should be expected because we are 'different' and it's just curiosity 

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index