Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

India-Forums

Trophy Piece; Thy Name Sandhya (Page 2)

lakshm IF-Dazzler
lakshm
lakshm

Posted: 07 October 2011 at 5:27am | IP Logged
nice analysation  from both bhabo and sandyas point of view...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011tanthya

Angelbud Goldie
Angelbud
Angelbud

Posted: 07 October 2011 at 5:27am | IP Logged
I think its not reality based!  A woman forces her son to get married in 15 days and puts him and a random girl through this misery just so she can prove a point to some neighbours?  This cant happen in real life in India!  Not very believable is it!  I mean do people in India really care that much about others opinions, even ridiculous ones like these?  Embarrassed
angelic8219 IF-Dazzler
angelic8219
angelic8219

Posted: 07 October 2011 at 6:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angelbud

I think its not reality based!  A woman forces her son to get married in 15 days and puts him and a random girl through this misery just so she can prove a point to some neighbours?  This cant happen in real life in India!  Not very believable is it!  I mean do people in India really care that much about others opinions, even ridiculous ones like these?  Embarrassed

Sadly they do care about other peoples opinions, I think its a village thing.  Don't know about Sandya feeling like a Trophy piece but I certainly do when I visit my dad's village in India, the relatives can't stop saying your from the UK to random people and some people can't stop staring you, I'm an alien or something, I'm no different to them just better dressed lol. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011ChillMaarYaartanthya

sadanajaya Senior Member
sadanajaya
sadanajaya

Posted: 07 October 2011 at 7:37am | IP Logged
Awesome post!!!
I felt bad for sandhya... she can't share her feelings with anyone in her sasural...we can notice pride in bhabo's eyes when sandhya came in the hall..bhabho just took suraj 's marriage as a prestige issue...she does not have concern for the sandhya's feelings..she wants to show how perfect her new DIL is ...asking her to raise her eyes n speak something...

Edited by sadanajaya - 07 October 2011 at 7:39am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011ssweety007tanthya

tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 08 October 2011 at 5:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ssweety007

Apt title Sathya chechiThumbs Up

Sandhya is more like a trophy to Bhabho rather than a human being...The way she was showcased in front of everyone present must be intimidating to anyone...especially a new person in a new environment...
Also Bhabho ordering her to raise her eyes and speak out...any person in her position(Sandhya's) would definitely freak out...

But looking from Bhabho's point of view...she was humiliated and ridiculed earlier in public.That wound is fresh and throwing out a challenge & fulfilling it...she feels on top of the world...

Awesome postBig smileClap

Thank You, Suji Chellam ..

Right now the only emotion  in Bhabho is that of triumph !! to beat the odds and getting a beautiful DIL  would make anyone gloat.. I think the CV's are showing just that ...  Plus Bhabho is not aware of Sandhya's BG, it has been kept hidden from her , so she thinks that Sandhya too possesses the same rustic toughness as that of Bhabho & Meena ...it will be a while before she realizes that Sandy came from a protected environment ...

Yes.. I really did not like that scene but I think it was done to show the authoritarian streak in Bhabho else it would have been done in a better manner to  show Bhabho in good light

Agreed ...Thank You, SujiBig smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011ssweety007

tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 08 October 2011 at 7:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bewafa

Very well said!

I really liked it how you analysed it from both angles.

Poor girl though man, she can't even get a word in...she's pretty scared of Bhabho...her "bhaboji" when Bhabho barges in was very well done.

The actress who plays Sandhya has definitely improved a lot in terms of her acting abilities.

Just so sad that SurYa won't get a chance to go on a honeymoon where they can get to know each other better. Damn it.

Haiye...how CUTE is he though?? Marjawaan gud khaake types LOL

Thank you, Bewafa ,

I do not think she is scared , whenevr given an opportunity, she has aired her feelings without  any fear ..I think she is reserved and is just getting herself acclimatised to the new environs ..

Yes, Deepika really  has improved ..and that too in a month's time ..

Zyada Gud sehath ke liye achi nahi hai ji.. zara namkeen ki bhi zaroorat hai WinkLOL
tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 08 October 2011 at 7:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Fragrance--

nice post,

padh ke achha laga

Thank You, Fragrance ...

Aapke siggie ne tho yaadon ko taaza karliya.. am going to watch  Tu hi bata mere Maula again LOL
pratsy IF-Stunnerz
pratsy
pratsy

Posted: 08 October 2011 at 7:18am | IP Logged
nice post
enjoyd readingg

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tanthya

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index