Page 1 of 1

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 8:55pm | IP Logged

Shouldve been offered Bond film after Brosnan quit 

Says seasoned actor Ronit Roy,who was at his wittiest best in a chat with AT 

Shruti Jambhekar 

It was business as usual for actor Ronit Roy when he came to Ahmedabad for a promotional tour.Sipping a hot cuppa and having a light conversation with his buddy,Ronit was at his coolest and wittiest best when AT caught up with the actor.I always make it a point to meet him and my family friends whenever Im here.This is the least I do when I visit Ahmedabad, says the actor.
Ronit is basking in the glory of the popularity his on-screen character KD,an advocate who effortlessly deals with cases,is receiving in the show Adaalat.I feel happy that the audience accepted me as KD Pathak,the astute lawyer in Adaalat, says Ronit.
Ask him how different is the actor from KD in real life and Ronit goes,KD is a lawyer and Im not! But on a serious note,KD has to go to court,police stations and hospitals.I have never visited them and dont wish to. 
The actor surely seems to be enjoying this bi-weekly show which lets him get some me time.It is much relaxed than working in a daily soap.And each time theres a new case,there is a different cast and a different storyline.The story line changes every two episodes and the humor element is an add on and thats why Im thoroughly enjoying it. 
Ronit is keeping himself busy with other projects too (apart from running his security management firm.) Post Udaan,it has been a new success story for him.I just finished shooting for Deepa Mehtas Midnights Children and it has been a brilliant experience.I play Darsheels (Saffary) father in the film.That apart,Im part of Karan Johars film Student of The Year.Also,lined up are films with Anurag Kashyap,Sanjay Gupta and Nikhil Advani, he says.
Ask him about how he feels when people still remember him for his roles on small screen and he says,I feel honoured that they still remember me for my roles. So which is the one closest to his heart All the roles that Ive done have become iconic,be it Rishabh Bajaj,Mihir Virani,or now,KD all are remembered and Im glad those happened to me, says Ronit.Which is the one that he relates to the most I dont relate to any of the roles,but lend a bit of me as an actor to make it a believable character. Any role that he aspires to do On a lighter note,he replies with a broader smile,I would have loved to do a James Bond film.In fact I feel,after Pierce Brosnan,I would have fitted the bill best.If an Indian version of James Bond comes up,I will surely be the agent! 
Despite a busy schedule,Ronit ensures to spend quality time with his family,I drop my children Aador and Agastya to school every morning and then come back home to spend some talk-time with my wife.I cant compromise on it because theyre the world to me. 
On a parting note,we spot his tattoo on his left arm,to which he explains,It has Shiva,a lotus with thousand petals,fire flames and some mantras it is still an incomplete tattoo,will go on to spread across my shoulder,back and chest further.I relate a lot to it as it is inspired from life. 
shruti.jambhekar@timesgroup.com

Ronit Roy 

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next]

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ayeshakdDemonStar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TOI: Should have been offered Bond film-Ronit" in Adaalat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ayeshakd

ayeshakd

Posted: 07 October 2011 at 7:28am | IP Logged
thanx for araticle

-Shruti

Coolbie

-Shruti

Posted: 07 October 2011 at 7:39am | IP Logged
Nice article, thanx for posting.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.