Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nrp77 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: incandescent

I think your missing the point of this whole show. It is suppose to be a love story between two people who belong to different social backgrounds. There has to be a difference between their lifestyle, speaking, clothing, etiquettes etc. 

I don't know which country you are from but if you live in India you should be able to understand the difference.

But it's not just in India, all over the world people who speak English as their second language have different accents. Even the people whi speak English as their first language speak differently.  

I get the point of this show, I just think you're missing my point.  I am not talking about different accents or pronounciations.  My parents were raised in India and didn't come to America until they were in college, so they still have a slight accent... Having an accent doesn't make someone any more/less educated than someone without.  I'm talking about the fact that she can come from a lower-middle class family and still acheive greatness.  She can have a career and not have to do grunt work for people like the Raizadas.  I'm just saying that would have been nice to see.  It's an opinion based forum here and that's just my opinion.   Accents are fine, it's grammar that can gauge the level of education.

And no I do not live in India, but I have been raised in the 'melting-pot' of the world so I am surrounded by people who speak differently, dress differently, and come from different social/cultural backgrounds.  I'm also surrounded by too many Liberals, but that's a different subject all together...hahaa πŸ˜†

Not sure if anyone else agrees, but I think Khushi is definitely due for a new hairstyle.  Take the hair down every other episode or at least remove that hideous pom-pom looking thing hanging from her head.  πŸ˜•
-Amyy thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
yea i was little dissapointed with this too .. 
.m.a.r.y.s.i.o. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
yeah even ive noticed it yaar...i wonder why they r showing khushi with such pathetic english
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Nrp77

I get the point of this show, I just think you're missing my point.  I am not talking about different accents or pronounciations.  My parents were raised in India and didn't come to America until they were in college, so they still have a slight accent... Having an accent doesn't make someone any more/less educated than someone without.  I'm talking about the fact that she can come from a lower-middle class family and still acheive greatness.  She can have a career and not have to do grunt work for people like the Raizadas.  I'm just saying that would have been nice to see.  It's an opinion based forum here and that's just my opinion.   Accents are fine, it's grammar that can gauge the level of education.

And no I do not live in India, but I have been raised in the 'melting-pot' of the world so I am surrounded by people who speak differently, dress differently, and come from different social/cultural backgrounds.  I'm also surrounded by too many Liberals, but that's a different subject all together...hahaa πŸ˜†

Not sure if anyone else agrees, but I think Khushi is definitely due for a new hairstyle.  Take the hair down every other episode or at least remove that hideous pom-pom looking thing hanging from her head.  πŸ˜•

i understand your point.

Yes people coming from Lower middle class families can acheive greatness but Khushi's situation is different.  I assume that before she came top Delhi she  was a student but an her parents were forced to sent her to Delhi after the fashion show fiasco. later she had to take up a job due their financial crisis.Many people are compelled to abandon their studies midway due to financial crisis.

As for Khushi's hairstyle or pom poms...the show has been running for four months but from the story line it has been less than that. A week for us is equal to a day or two in the show. BTW i hate the pom poms as well. πŸ˜Š

randomness thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hey guys! Thanks for the responses, I agree with each one of you cos you all are all correct! And I just thought of this, you know Maami ji- she also speaks funny (I love her character don't think anyone else could have done it better!!!!).

I think the reason Khushi may be talking in that manner (as opposed to talking like Lavanya) is to show the difference between her and Arnav- however, even in the last serial they showed relating to lucknow (Chaand ke paar chalo)- the girl was shown to have pathetic english. Maybe the creative heads are biased into thinking Lucknow is "behind", for which they need educating.

Of course, love doesn't care for accents and language boundaries :) Perhaps that's what they want to show, so I will give them the benefit of doubt. FOR NOW.

Second question,

What's up with her CLOTHES?!! In one of the episodes when she was at home drinking chai at night, with her hair down, she looked absolutely gobsmackingly gorgeous. Then she turns up to work dressed all "chamkeeli". I mean NO ONE wears clothes like that, or I have yet to see :S My mum said they were trying to show her to have all the sanskaars and adaab/tehzeeb of lucknow, including gota-work (what's on her dupattas)- but seriously, she would do much better to wear Chikan suits instead of these random tacky shiny things :S

Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Khushi is not uneducated since i said that if they have diffrent accent it doesnt meake anyone unedcated
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I think her look will change as the show progresses, we are only at 90 episodes, so if the whole marriage track happens then once she becomes a wife her look will definitely change, probably more like Anjali's. Payal's dressing is normal while Khushi's clothes are loud but I guess that's because Payal has a more subdued personality while Khushi's is more child-like and out there
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Nrp77

I definitely agree with you that there are educated people that have trouble with computers.  My father is a chemical engineer and in the early 90s we had to teach him how to use a computer so it's understandable in certain situations.  However, Khushi is an 18 year old girl who should have been taught to use computers in school.  Reports, research, and everything else needs to be done via computer.  There is no way she could have gotten through school without utilizing it.  In my case, I didn't use a computer until High School b/c I started HS back in 1991 and that's when they were becoming more mainstream here in the U.S.  We would have 1 hour per day in the computer lab to learn.  1991 was even before Khushi was born so I'm sure that Khushi would need to know how to use a computer if she attended school.  I really would like to see her attend college or do something amazing that will uplift her character and have people like Arnav stop thinking of her as a gold-digger! πŸ˜•

Not every school/college student in India knows the use of computers.  Khushi comes from Lucknow.  Although Lucknow has some good schools and universities, maybe she went to a vernacular medium school/college there where she wasn't taught computers. She obviosuly knows english (for even in a vernacular medium, english is taught as a second language). I dont see anything unrealistic in Khushi's portrayal.  I know of many well read people whose english pronunciation is not good. It does not make them less intelligent than the rest just as it does not make people who speak good english more intelligent. English is just a language of communication, not a yardstick to measure a person's knowledge or intelligence. As to the grammar, again judging a person's educated status by their english grammar is not right because even if their english grammar is not good their hindi grammar may be excellent.     
Edited by Opti - 12 years ago
SK_Love thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
oh, i forget that khushi also wrote a love letter in english for arnavπŸ˜ƒ

comment on barun and sanaya's profile and their photos which r left from ur comment. comment everyday. sorry for disturbing, but i have to disturb every member for increasing barun's and sanaya's rank .

COMMENT BARUN AND SANAYA'S PHOTOS TOO

now barun is no 7 position. sanaya's ranking  again down. we have to work hard more. so pls do it. bcoz if we does not do it their ranking will down

http://www.india-forums.com/celebrity/9941/barun-sobti/

http://www.india-forums.com/celebrity/2684/sanaya-irani/

and if u still not join barun and sanaya's fan club then pls join. It is a big factor of ranking.

U have to do nothing to join barun and sanaya's fan club. Just visit the above link. Here u will see a option join fanclub. So pls join their fan club.