deepi04
deepi04

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 4:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nrp77

Originally posted by pmrockz

Personally I don't think her 'pronounciation' makes her any less educated :/

It's not just about that. When she went to work at Arnav's office, she couldn't even use a computer. An educated person of her age, (my nephew is 4 and he can operate a computer), should have no issues with technology in 2011. So yes, pronounciations aside, she IS uneducated!

But not every educated person knows how to use a computer :S I live in Australia, and here the government has given us our own laptop, but I know quite a few people who have difficulty just saving their files in a different format and they take their time typing because they hardly use a computer/can't type properly..

I don't know! Lol, but that's the case here. My opinion though :)

I definitely agree with you that there are educated people that have trouble with computers. My father is a chemical engineer and in the early 90s we had to teach him how to use a computer so it's understandable in certain situations. However, Khushi is an 18 year old girl who should have been taught to use computers in school. Reports, research, and everything else needs to be done via computer. There is no way she could have gotten through school without utilizing it. In my case, I didn't use a computer until High School b/c I started HS back in 1991 and that's when they were becoming more mainstream here in the U.S. We would have 1 hour per day in the computer lab to learn. 1991 was even before Khushi was born so I'm sure that Khushi would need to know how to use a computer if she attended school. I really would like to see her attend college or do something amazing that will uplift her character and have people like Arnav stop thinking of her as a gold-digger!

It makes sense what you say about having used a computer at school. I don't know about Indian education as I only studied in Kindergarten (KG) but ever since I came to Australia we've been taught computer since Year 1 (or 1st grade) yet still some people don't know how to use it, and we've got 1 and a half years left of highschool, hence my opinion that Khushi isn't uneducated solely on the basis of being able to use a computer or English, but I see where your coming from.

My uncle in the 90s never learned to use a computer, but his older brother did. My father did a computer course as he was a teacher and his father did so as well as he was an engineer, and they can use computers, but not like our younger generations, they would most likely be considered slow.

Coming back to Khushi's education it's only my opinion she is not educated lol due to that fact. I hate that Arnav thinks of her as a gold digger but I never actually thought it's cause of her education. Once again, that's your point of view and this is my opinion, I'm not trying to contradict since I happen to be younger and obviously less knowledgable on Indian education in the 90s :P

Edited by pmrockz - 06 October 2011 at 4:49pm
incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 4:51pm | IP Logged

It's not just about that.  When she went to work at Arnav's office, she couldn't even use a computer.  An educated person of her age, (my nephew is 4 and he can operate a computer), should have no issues with technology in 2011.  So yes, pronounciations aside, she IS uneducated!

No dear. I think you are mistaken. She can use a computer. Go back and watch the old episodes.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

deepi04

-SohniKuri IF-Sizzlerz
-SohniKuri
-SohniKuri

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 4:55pm | IP Logged
i think they r just tryna make her a lil funny n bubbly coz her character demands it..its nothing against lucknow

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

deepi04sun2011bfunofbb123incandescent

Nrp77 Senior Member
Nrp77
Nrp77

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 5:14pm | IP Logged

It's not just about that. When she went to work at Arnav's office, she couldn't even use a computer. An educated person of her age, (my nephew is 4 and he can operate a computer), should have no issues with technology in 2011. So yes, pronounciations aside, she IS uneducated!

But not every educated person knows how to use a computer :S I live in Australia, and here the government has given us our own laptop, but I know quite a few people who have difficulty just saving their files in a different format and they take their time typing because they hardly use a computer/can't type properly..

I definitely agree with you that there are educated people that have trouble with computers. My father is a chemical engineer and in the early 90s we had to teach him how to use a computer so it's understandable in certain situations. However, Khushi is an 18 year old girl who should have been taught to use computers in school. Reports, research, and everything else needs to be done via computer. There is no way she could have gotten through school without utilizing it. In my case, I didn't use a computer until High School b/c I started HS back in 1991 and that's when they were becoming more mainstream here in the U.S. We would have 1 hour per day in the computer lab to learn. 1991 was even before Khushi was born so I'm sure that Khushi would need to know how to use a computer if she attended school. I really would like to see her attend college or do something amazing that will uplift her character and have people like Arnav stop thinking of her as a gold-digger!

It makes sense what you say about having used a computer at school. I don't know about Indian education as I only studied in Kindergarten (KG) but ever since I came to Australia we've been taught computer since Year 1 (or 1st grade) yet still some people don't know how to use it, and we've got 1 and a half years left of highschool, hence my opinion that Khushi isn't uneducated solely on the basis of being able to use a computer or English, but I see where your coming from.

My uncle in the 90s never learned to use a computer, but his older brother did. My father did a computer course as he was a teacher and his father did so as well as he was an engineer, and they can use computers, but not like our younger generations, they would most likely be considered slow.

Coming back to Khushi's education it's only my opinion she is not educated lol due to that fact. I hate that Arnav thinks of her as a gold digger but I never actually thought it's cause of her education. Once again, that's your point of view and this is my opinion, I'm not trying to contradict since I happen to be younger and obviously less knowledgable on Indian education in the 90s :P
Actually, I am not knowledgeable on Indian education in the 90s either.  I was born and raised in the US and have only ever visited India a few times, but I was just in Gurgaon for 2 months for work and that's how I ended up watching this serial since the Marriot had very limited viewing options at 3:30am...hahahaa  Now I'm hooked...hahaaEmbarrassed   So you being from Australia and me being from Chicago...we probably should defer to the folks who actually went to school in India...  Smile

Edited by Nrp77 - 06 October 2011 at 5:15pm
deepi04 Senior Member
deepi04
deepi04

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 5:40pm | IP Logged

Actually, I am not knowledgeable on Indian education in the 90s either. I was born and raised in the US and have only ever visited India a few times, but I was just in Gurgaon for 2 months for work and that's how I ended up watching this serial since the Marriot had very limited viewing options at 3:30am...hahahaa Now I'm hooked...hahaa So you being from Australia and me being from Chicago...we probably should defer to the folks who actually went to school in India...

Oh haha, my bad lol, I thought you had went to school in India in the 90s lol. Anyways, I'm not sure about the education but over here in Australia (a.k.a 'the west' even though it's in the south, but countries that are considered 'advanced') I believe computers were gaining popularity, like you said, but in India, it had bound to come later, much like how the 3G technology is just starting in India (or so I heard) but it's been in Australia for quite a few years. I first watched from the episode where Arnav saves Khushi from that falling house because my mum was watching when I came in the room lol, then I got hooked and went back and watched everything lol.
Yes we should :)

I spent my first 6 years of childhood in India, and since then have only visited a few times lol.
Saraa. IF-Sizzlerz
Saraa.
Saraa.

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 8:05pm | IP Logged
Okay guys who told you Khushi is not educated

becuase the way she pronuce words diffrently. this has no connected with english. I live in United states. i have been in United states since i was one year old and i ahve saw many people here who came here at one year that they pronunce the words diffrently but it doesnt mean they dont know how to speak english. As for computers if she didnt know how to use a computer then why did she said to ASR that why didnt you sent laptop when you sent a type writer. it means she know how to use it. And if you watch past epis she ask sim and pam what r you doing and  how are you doing it and then they just made their own predication that she ddint know how to use computer. even i dont know about some software and programs. does it mean i dont know how to use computer.

Education not means prounucation or just using ceratin programs of computer.

The real meaning of education is to know what to do at what time. how to handle a suitation. how to behave. and to know your own languauge. and how to write in emaglish or hindi.

which khushi knows very well. so she is educated. i have no doubt interms of her education.

Khushi is educated than the whole raizada house and sharma house. because she knows not lnly writing in english and hindi or do creative things but she also knows what to do everytime she also know how to handle suitation. she is modern educated sanskari and chulbali all at the same time. which makes her educated than Arnav Anjali Shyam Akash Mami Lavanya Nani Payal bua jee babu kee amma om prakash jai prakash all everyone.

these are my views i dont know if you agree or disagree but this reality thanks

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

deepi04PrasRassun2011canuck-umzNaBoleTumNa...incandescent

sun2011 Goldie
sun2011
sun2011

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
Rafeek - Last and best post so far!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescent

Saraa. IF-Sizzlerz
Saraa.
Saraa.

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sun2011

Rafeek - Last and best post so far!

thanks you could call me sara thanks for liking the post

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index