Page 1 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 2 Page 6

randomness

Groupbie

randomness

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 3:58pm | IP Logged

I have a question- what's up with Khushi's pathetic english? Hailing from Lucknow myself, I can say for certain that people are educated over there, so why try to show Lucknow down when compared to Delhi? "daactar sahab" "phoon" and there was another one in today's episode. What's up with that?

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

marishka.khanNrp77pollypollysaher_90EvashKinmaKamalika...sio.angel.Snigdha_Khanamdumas

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Khushi's English" in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Snigdha_Khanam

IF-Sizzlerz

Snigdha_Khanam

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
I think it's not the matter of lacknow and delhiSmile.

Nrp77

Nrp77

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 4:05pm | IP Logged
I agree!  I would love to have seen her be a well educated girl who can speak/understand english like the rest of us Indian people can.  I hate the way she says 'pawt' instead of pot.  I don't know why she can't be both sanskari and educated.  The 2 are not exclusive.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pollypollysun2011bewafaMadhuriDixit

deepi04

deepi04

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 4:08pm | IP Logged

Personally I don't think her 'pronounciation' makes her any less educated :/

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

silverwing1527luvtwilight19sun2011_Jiya_zobshehkitty25littlemoiWooHooHaha21Jyo.sugar_babemazkachazkaincandescentHappyMelodySanzPaRudholic

sham_281

Groupbie

sham_281

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 4:13pm | IP Logged
I don't think it was intentionally meant as a comment on the people of Lucknow or even on Khushi really I bet you soon as she and ASR fall in love it will not even be a issue. I think it was done to show this difference between Khushi and La. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ipkknd8sun2011

Nrp77

Nrp77

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 4:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pmrockz

It's not just about that.  When she went to work at Arnav's office, she couldn't even use a computer.  An educated person of her age, (my nephew is 4 and he can operate a computer), should have no issues with technology in 2011.  So yes, pronounciations aside, she IS uneducated!

Edited by Nrp77 - 06 October 2011 at 4:16pm

marishka.khanpollypolly

deepi04

deepi04

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 4:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nrp77

It's not just about that. When she went to work at Arnav's office, she couldn't even use a computer. An educated person of her age, (my nephew is 4 and he can operate a computer), should have no issues with technology in 2011. So yes, pronounciations aside, she IS uneducated!

But not every educated person knows how to use a computer :S I live in Australia, and here the government has given us our own laptop, but I know quite a few people who have difficulty just saving their files in a different format and they take their time typing because they hardly use a computer/can't type properly..
I don't know! Lol, but that's the case here. My opinion though :)

cricketfan1sun2011

Nrp77

Nrp77

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 4:31pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Nrp77

It's not just about that. When she went to work at Arnav's office, she couldn't even use a computer. An educated person of her age, (my nephew is 4 and he can operate a computer), should have no issues with technology in 2011. So yes, pronounciations aside, she IS uneducated!

But not every educated person knows how to use a computer :S I live in Australia, and here the government has given us our own laptop, but I know quite a few people who have difficulty just saving their files in a different format and they take their time typing because they hardly use a computer/can't type properly..
I don't know! Lol, but that's the case here. My opinion though :)

I definitely agree with you that there are educated people that have trouble with computers.  My father is a chemical engineer and in the early 90s we had to teach him how to use a computer so it's understandable in certain situations.  However, Khushi is an 18 year old girl who should have been taught to use computers in school.  Reports, research, and everything else needs to be done via computer.  There is no way she could have gotten through school without utilizing it.  In my case, I didn't use a computer until High School b/c I started HS back in 1991 and that's when they were becoming more mainstream here in the U.S.  We would have 1 hour per day in the computer lab to learn.  1991 was even before Khushi was born so I'm sure that Khushi would need to know how to use a computer if she attended school.  I really would like to see her attend college or do something amazing that will uplift her character and have people like Arnav stop thinking of her as a gold-digger! Confused

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sun2011piyualkaincandescent

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.