Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Insulin fiasco... are you kidding me? (Page 2)

momma1128 IF-Sizzlerz
momma1128
momma1128

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 2:37pm | IP Logged
My parents are diabetic but not on insulin, on other meds.  If medication is missed, because their metabolism and insulin production is so out of whack, hypoglycemia can result.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Raima36kdg129anjaani07incandescentHenna 786

arnavforever Groupbie
arnavforever
arnavforever

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 2:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by moon_mine

oh pls!!!! dunno go into such details...it's jst a show...take it on a lighter note!!!!!
n who knws may b ur questions will be answered in tomorow's episode!!!!
Ok i love this show... i will watch it anyways... but i was just pointing out my confusion... sorry... Embarrassed
AquaBluez17 IF-Rockerz
AquaBluez17
AquaBluez17

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
good point im a bio student so i understand wut u mean

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

arnavforever

mirnalini Goldie
mirnalini
mirnalini

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 2:41pm | IP Logged
OMG
You've given us a whole class on diabetes!!!LOLLOLLOL

But don't worry... anobody whose got a diabetic family member will totally agree with you, plus, wasn't this taught in class 10th????...I'm sure it was!

I too noticed this flaw, his sugar level will drop only if he hasn't had any sugar at all, or if had had an extra dose of insulin... well, they've made a technical mistake there.

But this is not the first time!..just 2-3 episodes back Arnav had said that stars don't have their own light.. and to top it, everybody had agreed with him!!!!LOLLOLLOL

The writers are not scientifically sound! Although they are very good!!!

Anyways... best of luck wid ur exam!Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

arnavforeverRaima36

moon_mine IF-Rockerz
moon_mine
moon_mine

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by arnavforever

Originally posted by moon_mine

oh pls!!!! dunno go into such details...it's jst a show...take it on a lighter note!!!!!
n who knws may b ur questions will be answered in tomorow's episode!!!!
Ok i love this show... i will watch it anyways... but i was just pointing out my confusion... sorry... Embarrassed

y r u saying sorry...i jst tld u so that u dunno take mch stress abt all these bloopers!!!!
the other day also arnav told na...stars dunno hv their own light...bt it's nt true!!!!
so jst frgt n frgv them fr these mistakes!!!!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

arnavforevermirnalini

Henna 786 IF-Stunnerz
Henna 786
Henna 786

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
Wait i thought it was:

Arnav has low sugar levels (Hypoglycaemia). Meaning his body can not make the correct amount of glucose resulting in him taking tablets to correct that.
If he has LOW sugar levels, the amount will continue to drop as the body continues to use up the low supplies of glucose, there will be symptoms of shaking, dizzy spells, hunger and also excess sweating, that usually indicates to the patient (our case Arnav) he needs to eat something sugary.

Now coming to your post, you said the levels will go up. Thats impossible, the body has basically used up all the glucose it can to function properly and will continue to do so until hes almost run out - fainting. 

Khushi giving him sweet stuff is a BRILLIANT idea, however he needs come carbs there after to keep the balance. 

Cant give a complete analysis as we're not sure how bad his diabetes is, however he should know when hes going to have an attack. If you are a hypo patient, always carry sweets in your bag just incase!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kdg129bfunofbb123canuck-umztanthya

Nrp77 Senior Member
Nrp77
Nrp77

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
Likely : Not knowing that missing one dose of 'metformin' won't kill you or make you go into diabetic shock, Arnav probably decides to take matters into his own hand and doesn't eat anything all day.  The lack of food and low blood sugar due to the fact that he hasn't had anything to eat all day are probably contributing to his dizzy spell. 

Just a thought w/o going into my college biology days which were back in the late 90s...hahahaa

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kdg129anjaani07canuck-umzHenna 786

arnavforever Groupbie
arnavforever
arnavforever

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Henna 786

Wait i thought it was:

Arnav has low sugar levels (Hypoglycaemia). Meaning his body can not make the correct amount of glucose resulting in him taking tablets to correct that.
I though Anjali and one more time it was mentioned he had DIABETES:
dIBAETESand hypoglycemia are conditions caused by abnormal blood sugar levels. In diabetes, blood sugar levels are too high. In hypoglycemia, the levels are too low. Both conditions need to be treated.

If he has LOW sugar levels, the amount will continue to drop as the body continues to use up the low supplies of glucose, there will be symptoms of shaking, dizzy spells, hunger and also excess sweating, that usually indicates to the patient (our case Arnav) he needs to eat something sugary.

Now coming to your post, you said the levels will go up. Thats impossible, the body has basically used up all the glucose it can to function properly and will continue to do so until hes almost run out - fainting. 

Khushi giving him sweet stuff is a BRILLIANT idea, however he needs come carbs there after to keep the balance. 

Cant give a complete analysis as we're not sure how bad his diabetes is, however he should know when hes going to have an attack. If you are a hypo patient, always carry sweets in your bag just incase!

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index