Insulin fiasco... are you kidding me? - Page 4

Posted: 12 years ago
He could possibly have eaten less, or not eaten at all. On top of that he is doing too much work, which would have reduced his blood sugar and hence the fainting spell.
I think may be he has not been eating well also...so low blood sugar...it can happen...
my grandma has diabetics and all she fainted couple of times because her sugar level was low i saw it myself like all of a sudden she would just faint n not open her eyes n this one time we had to take her into emergency as well just because she fainted and we couldn't wake her up n she sees everything fuzzy n all. so just saying that  maybe arnav's situation is the same. i don't know much about diabetics n all just sharing my experience.
Edited by Miss.Colorfull - 12 years ago
Oh puhleez!
The research they have done is more than enough for ppl who watch :)
Take it lightly-they aren't making a med documentary here lol

Btw a lot of ppl at the forum shared their experience of what happened to arnav.its the same.. Thats more than enough for ppl to relate to it :)Edited by geet.a - 12 years ago
ohh god there is so much of DM related discussion going on here.. i am a doctor, so let me tell you something.. what arnav has is definetely type1 diabetes, because younger people never get type2 DM.. the only treatment for type1DM is insulin injection

about his hypoglycemic attack, well here is an explanation, generally there is a tendency among most of the people to skip the meal if they are not able to take insulin or oral hypoglycemics.. in that way, arnav would have skipped his breakfast, thats why he would have got hypoglycemic attack..

when i was watching yesterday's epi, i was also like, what the hell, skipped a dose and hypoglycemic attack, and later i came up with this explanation..

another explanation is that, in some cases, there will be compensatory hypoglycemia after hyperglycemia, because of lowering of counter regulatory hormones, this is insignificant though, i wil go for my first explanation
Don't look too much into it, it is just a show. But anyways another reason may be that with Diabetes the patient needs to time his medication doses properly with his meals, so maybe Arnav did not do that. Hypoglycemia is common in diabetics so if they showed Arnav having low blood sugar levels then they were correct, they don't need to specify that Arnav has hypoglycemia since it is a condition that is synonymous with diabetic treatment complications. He just wasn't paying attention to his health. If they go too much into the scientific details of diabetes then that will take away from the focus of the show. These shows are about leaving realism behind but I feel the show has been quite realistic, at least more than many other shows.    Edited by canuck-umz - 12 years ago

A person suffering from diabetes mellitus may have low blood sugar level but in following conditions.

1.       Taking medicine on wrong time.

2.       Taking excessive medication i.e. overdose.

3.       Not eating properly on time.

But if you skip your medicine your sugar level will surely go up not low. ASR does not have insulin dependent diabetes mellitus because such patients take insulin injections prior to meals.

If he takes pills which are known as Oral hypoglycemic pills and if he skipped them than his sugar level must go up.

and as told by arhilicious young ppl do not have insulin dependent diabetes strange so CVs are wrong here also in giving him pillls rather than injections.

But it is difficult to make every audience understand these facts so I think CVs have chosen to show that he skipped medicines ' a much easily understood fact for not so intellectual brains.

Whatever it may be loved today's episode Edited by asmita223188 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by hkhb17

normally it is high blood glucose

but actually even in diabetics you can get low blood glucose. This occurs when one has consume less food intake and the body continues to demand more energy. Their whole blood sugar regulation is disordered i.e. unable to regular when high / low.

YUp. You are right. I have seen that happen to my parents, uncle and aunt who are diabetic.

Originally posted by moon_mine

oh pls!!!! dunno go into such details...it's jst a show...take it on a lighter note!!!!!
n who knws may b ur questions will be answered in tomorow's episode!!!!
yup ur rite :-)
I guess we should not go too deep into that much of technicalities!! 😉😆
Coz most of the serials dont bother much abt such minute details..😉 So lets just go with the flow and njoy it! 😊😃