Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Sush- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
I have no idea what makes this creep tick...but what ever it is...he is a sick loser...I can't believe I am wasting my time having to watch this creep...
ashvez thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@Anu...today's epi with the kids was  a cockeyed idea.  Doesn't RM have a garden or a backyard where the kids can play?But then again, how would they justify the model to be destroyed.And all the ruckus in RM.
About Shyam's character   most of us are clueless ...what CT's have planned.And I hope they have some major justification to be done with him being in two households..one for money and the other for lust.Lust...as someone said he could sleep with her  any way...but then he can't sleep again...can he?? And Khushi is full of morals so , if he has to sleep with her it has to be only after tying a knot.Can't be love for him...its just having her body..physical pleasure...and as he has an obsession for her...he just wants to achieve it.What ADA impressed him at first sight DEvi MAayya only knows.
Abhaas is acting brilliantly .I am sure the CT's are planning to give a meaty role for him.Rt, now since ISS has beaten one of the well known shows so, they have to keep the TRP's high..and what better way to make him twisted.But, I have a feeling eventually he is gonna be a "goodY" boy...that would take another 2 yrs...as they cannot crumble Anjali completely...and make ASR a total wreck.
The past of Khushi, would lead to some scar of ASR, which would deepen further.
Abhi, toh they have to make them hopelessly in love...& their acceptance.
Yesterday, was it me or anyone else who felt LA was a bit cold towards Khushi .And this time she din't come for KKG's rescue when ASR was blasting her.
NO, I don't want LA to get into "VAMP" mode again.I want that character to grow and show some maturity level instead worrying about pimples...I want her to understand what "LOVE" is and making KHushi accept the love with no hassels.Asking too much eh???

@Anu an awesome post...with good reading suggestions.😊

Ash.

smithasrk thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
me too i also thought shyam was someway connected to khushi😭
bikerider thumbnail

Originally posted by: momma1128

Today was an okay epi.  The whole cartoonlike predictable escapade in the house was nice - although I preferred yesterday's comedy situation much more.  Tomorrow the children will apologize, ASR will mellow a bit after his 'whatever' and I am so hoping that he has packed that tiffin with a practical joke (please please have it so tightly sealed that Khushi has to pull extra hard to open it and flour lands on her - and just have ASR say 'you're welcome', uff I would love it), and our story will move forward onto the puja that is imminent.

But the point of this post is not about the comedic relief, as my title indicates (if you haven't read Meera Syal's novel that is the title of this post or the prequel Anita and Me, do, they are a treat), it's about Shyam.

Shyam is a character that is a bridge between the two houses.  He has weaseled his way into Khushi's starting from the izzat save in Lucknow (was that on purpose, has he been following her from before or after the news story?  so many questions!) and is the lynchpin to Anjali's happiness. 

What exactly is his purpose?  Why does he have to turn into 100% villain?  I had high hopes for this character.  I had hoped that he had a connection to Khushi's past.  I had hoped that the circumstance under which he had married Anjali would reveal something about why he entered Khushi and Anjali's lives.  But now, with each episode, I am watching this character devolve into your run-of-the-mill womanizing psycho.  Lies upon lies, obssessive lust upon lust.  With each one of his 'I will have you Khushi!', I want to scream 'WHY!!!"  Why her?  None of that has been answered.  And now they are showing him manipulating everyone he meets to protect his deviant habits.

I had hopes for Shyam, but now I realize he is just another concocted sleazebag without a purpose...or rather with the sole purpose of being a thorn in the ArHi love story.  I don't think the CV's thought to give him a meaning or significance beyond that.  What a waste of a great actor.

i keep defending CVs πŸ˜†πŸ˜”
i do not agree that abhas is getting wasted , actually  i feel he makes us hate shyam more
but still watch him πŸ˜† if he was in a romantic or heroish role i am sure girls would have gone gaga over him πŸ˜†  but i still feel that his body language, face expression are apt for shyam
and howmuch ever i hate and get irritated with shyam and CVs😑  at the end i end up appreciating abhas now dont you think CVs were smart there

yeah even i was hoping shyam will be long last  brother of kushi. hmm i have lost hope on that.
more and more day goes by , i feel it is indeed going the way Shehr e Dil Ke Darwaze
but then  it may be more tuned for SP audience but that is also not a good point πŸ˜†

so  now i do not dwell much on will they keep shyam +ve or arnav will insult kushi etc etc
i am just going to enjoy the arhi chemistry and wait patiently for arnav self realization.

Edited by lwfw - 12 years ago
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i of course had no hopes from pervert's character from da start even when his fake dabaang bracelet was shown in june epis. since this is yet another indian show i did expect him to be a mere villain but he did shock me with da affection shown towards anjali and trying to close da bridge between naani & arnav

apart from that his character is showcased as a confused sick man. im sorry guys although i refer to him as pervert, i dont see him as a extreme psycho path who wants kushi badly. his desire to have kushi is not properly justified. if u take movies like anjaam & darr, da intensity and desire of possessing da ladies are justified by da psycho characters played by srk but here, shyam is not given a proper space to lure his desires. this is why this character has failed to make a huge impact in me
-Appy- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: NaDzGirl

i of course had no hopes from pervert's character from da start even when his fake dabaang bracelet was shown in june epis. since this is yet another indian show i did expect him to be a mere villain but he did shock me with da affection shown towards anjali and trying to close da bridge between naani & arnav

apart from that his character is showcased as a confused sick man. im sorry guys although i refer to him as pervert, i dont see him as a extreme psycho path who wants kushi badly. his desire to have kushi is not properly justified. if u take movies like anjaam & darr, da intensity and desire of possessing da ladies are justified by da psycho characters played by srk but here, shyam is not given a proper space to lure his desires. this is why this character has failed to make a huge impact in me

Nadz totally agree with you...nice post Anu..as Anu points out would have been nice if we had a more villany sought of meat to shymu character..
I don't want to guess too much on the perv's character etc...will just wait for the coming weeks...

just saw the re-run of last nights show...loved it...Barun's expressions were just too good...tum ajeeb ho πŸ˜† and om prakash guy was just too funny...🀣
Sanaya did a fab job at showing all of Kushi's antics...

Edited by appy2011 - 12 years ago
Peace67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I agree with you.

I felt that there was more to Shyam in the beginning too, especially as the Raizada's trust in him is so complete. There seemed to be more to him than just a gold digging lech. Pity if he turns out to be just that and nothing else.
napstermonster thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7
This post has focused on Shyam's characterization with some excellent analysis, and as always drawn the best brains on the forum/ So I ask you guys-  I was wondering where you excellent thinkers see the story progressing once he is unmasked. 

Specifically, who do you think will be on Khushi's side, and who will be against her? 

my two cents: I think this track of Khushi-ASR married yet living in hell will be the impetus in moving the Payal-Akash story line as well.
If there is nothing to bring them together, some project, or mystery or something, we will be as old as Nani-ji  by the time they go out in broad daylight  for a platonic walk. After all, how many times can Akash intentionally damage his car over the years to go to Happy Ji's garage and check out the his laundry loving lass?

Khushi will be be unhappy and tormented for something Payal knows is untrue. She might need Akash's help to find out of this is something Shyam has done before, maybe back in Luknow. The scope is there for Payal to approach Akash to tell him, your Jija-ji is a creep, and we have to help our cousins, so lets work together and fall deeper in love while doing Devi Ma''s work.

My question is, where do you think Nani will fall in this situation?  Is there any scope for Lavaniya to be helpful to Khushi, even after losing out to Khushi in the marriage race? And Anjali? is she dead inside,  or does she have the greatness to warn to ASR to not take his grief and rage out on his wife?
.Jane.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: momma1128

@Neethi - Why is he head over heels?  I mean why Khushi - we have no clue. Did he stalk her or was that one time on tv enough to make him a cuckoo??  Just such a random obssession.

'Coz she's the female lead so all the bad guys have to fall in love with her as random as that isπŸ˜†
ShiningStar18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Honestly. I don't understand where Shyam's character is heading to. It's all misty and mysterious. Why is he so hell bent on marrying Khushi? She is just an ordinary girl part of a mediocre family. Why her of all people?

Anyhows, the only thing i fail to understand is how ASR didn't see so many kids in the house despite the giggling and hoo haa's? πŸ€”