Suggestions / Comments

VIJAY & MODERATORS: EXPLAINATION NEEDED HERE (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 10

utopia88

IF-Sizzlerz

utopia88

Posted: 07 October 2011 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vijay

Hi All,

First of all let me clarify that there is no NEED for India-Forums to be biased / sexist or anything of that order. We try our best to stay neutral and independent and cater to what our audience demands.

TellyBuzz articles are tagged based on the names appearing in the article. So if the celebrity name is not mentioned in the article then the team is not Tagging the celebrity. If we have missed on that somewhere you can always point it out.

Wherever GHSP is mentioned doesnt mean that we would be tagging all the actors from the show untill there names are appearing in the article.

Well if I have to point out a few articles to prove our point. In a quick scan I found these where we have not tagged Gurmeet but it does tag GHSP or Drashti.

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/fantastic-4s/8741-what-if.htm

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/wassup/7653-big-money-gives-a-refreshing-break-for-the-small-screen-celebs.htm 

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/quick-grills/7200-i-am-fond-of-karan-singh-grover-drashti-dhami.htm

I hope this answers your concerns about India-Forums being Biased and Sexist. I hope now the Gurmeet Fans wont complain that why those three articles I mentioned above dont have Gurmeet tagged when GHSP is mentioned.

Regards,
Vijay Bhatter

Vijay, those articles are pretty old. In the recent articles, I've noticed that GC has been tagged by himself more in GEET related articles. 

Since Drashti & Gurmeet are the leads of the show wouldn't it make sense to tag them both in GEET related articles. 

I know you said it would be pointless to tag the names of all the co-stars related to GEET but Drashti is one of the main leads. 

Thus, I feel Drashti should have been tagged in the recent article on GC which was related to GEET.

Edited by utopia88 - 07 October 2011 at 1:18pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "VIJAY & MODERATORS: EXPLAINATION NEEDED HERE (Page 7)" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

utopia88

IF-Sizzlerz

utopia88

Posted: 07 October 2011 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Saruu-

Originally posted by utopia88

Originally posted by GurtiRocks2012

Originally posted by -Nadii-

Yes and we always if we have the real name of a charachter we post it to in ( ) , Gurmeet has'nt mentioned Geet(as drashti but Geet as Show Geet. So thats why not tagged.

About MIDs Im not saying its untrue, we know its happening not only on Gurmeet but on almost a lot profiles, and we are doing our best.

Also as Vijay mentioned some months ago, that if you visit a profile once it wont count it in every week, the member has to be frequent visitor before the it is count in the ratings. So by making MIDs and entering his fan club and then thats it wont raise his ratings
NIDA
are you saying that If FAN NUMBERS goes to 8000 or 10,000 for particular club, that does not get counted towards entiring RATING SYSTEM?

Please Clarify

We do not count the one time members who just sign up to increase the Fan Count. There are other checks and balances in place to prevent certain groups from gaming the ranking system.

Vijay, wouldn't it be better if a system was created where members wouldn't be allowed to make more than one id on the same IP address.   Smile

This would limit the amount of MIDS being created!
Preet That Would Be UnfairEmbarrassed
Because What If Your Sisters/Brothers Have IF?
They Wont Be Allowed An ID Then?

Like My Mum Has IF&I Do,Our IP Is The Same Too,That Could Mean Mine/My Mums Acc Cud Get Banned?Confused

lol true! didn't think about that.  Smile  

One thing is for sure, a better system needs to be created to control the amount of MIDS being created everyday.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Saruu-

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 07 October 2011 at 1:05pm | IP Logged

Vijay, wouldn't it be better if a system was created where members wouldn't be allowed to make more than one id on the same IP address.   Smile

Sometimes things are not that simpler as much we think. There are many ISPs who redirect their users through a Proxy server for eg. AOL and others. So that would certainly cause unnecessary inconvenience to those many users. And even if we put that in practice there are means to bypass this for DSL users by just resetting the modem or trying other ways.

But as I said do not worry there are means to combat this problem and in the last 10 days itself we have identified and deleted thousands of MIDs.

Regards,
Vijay

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

_Darling_-Nadii-utopia88-Saruu-

utopia88

IF-Sizzlerz

utopia88

Posted: 07 October 2011 at 1:09pm | IP Logged

Sometimes things are not that simpler as much we think. There are many ISPs who redirect their users through a Proxy server for eg. AOL and others. So that would certainly cause unnecessary inconvenience to those many users. And even if we put that in practice there are means to bypass this for DSL users by just resetting the modem or trying other ways.

But as I said do not worry there are means to combat this problem and in the last 10 days itself we have identified and deleted thousands of MIDs.

Regards,
Vijay

True. I guess it's a very complicated issue.

Well, I hope you will be able to get rid of all the MIDS soon.  Smile 

_Darling_

zaaratq

IF-Sizzlerz

zaaratq

Posted: 07 October 2011 at 1:18pm | IP Logged
thanks to saruu, i somehow landed here...

Mr vijay, i have a question for you.. Please clarify this. I remember there was a time a geet article came out and DRASHTI was mentioned in it BUt the TAG was missing. So i actually brought this issue up with JYO our GF MOD. She informed me that that week, Drashti was tagged in another article and You have a new rule of not tagging a celeb in an article if that celeb have another article.. Please clarify, is this true? Because after that, the rule was not followed. When recently gurmeet or in fact other celebs like Rati Pandey and Kara Wahi have more than one article in a week, and they were tagged in all. Please clarify this. ABout the rest, i don care. I think you remember about me suggesting you to get rid of the celeb ranking.. Today i wanna tell you, Please STOP this and making us enemies. Thank You.

Zaara

ps: i have proof, i need to search for it..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

utopia88-Saruu-

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 07 October 2011 at 1:18pm | IP Logged

Hi All,

First of all let me clarify that there is no NEED for India-Forums to be biased / sexist or anything of that order. We try our best to stay neutral and independent and cater to what our audience demands.

TellyBuzz articles are tagged based on the names appearing in the article. So if the celebrity name is not mentioned in the article then the team is not Tagging the celebrity. If we have missed on that somewhere you can always point it out.

Wherever GHSP is mentioned doesnt mean that we would be tagging all the actors from the show untill there names are appearing in the article.

Well if I have to point out a few articles to prove our point. In a quick scan I found these where we have not tagged Gurmeet but it does tag GHSP or Drashti.

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/wassup/7653-big-money-gives-a-refreshing-break-for-the-small-screen-celebs.htm 

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/quick-grills/7200-i-am-fond-of-karan-singh-grover-drashti-dhami.htm

I hope this answers your concerns about India-Forums being Biased and Sexist. I hope now the Gurmeet Fans wont complain that why those three articles I mentioned above dont have Gurmeet tagged when GHSP is mentioned.

Regards,
Vijay Bhatter

Those articles are pretty old. In the recent articles, I've noticed that GC has been tagged by himself more in GEET related articles. 

Since Drashti & Gurmeet are the leads of the show wouldn't it make sense to tag them both in GEET related articles. 

I feel Drashti should have been tagged in the recent article on GC which was related to GEET.

Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion and I feel it make sense to admit that allegations of calling India-Forums sexist and biased were wrong and really uncalled for.

TellyBuzz is a seperate team and works independently. It has less interaction with the Moderators or the Development Team.

Well there might be "some" fan who will feel we should carry atleast one story a day for Drashti Dhami but unfortunately we do not have that much resources to please everyone Unhappy

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nadii-utopia88

-Saruu-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Saruu-

Posted: 07 October 2011 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
Wifeyy ILU&Im Soo Phamous HaiiiDay DreamingBlushing

Psshttt FB<3Wink

Anddd PLS SCRAP Thee Ranking Altogether,It Divdes ALL Fnas Etc,GC,DD,KSG,Jen,Shilpa,Sanaya,Barun EtcOuch

We Want A UNITED IF NOT A whos The Best By This Ranking IFEmbarrassed

Edited by -Saruu- - 07 October 2011 at 1:21pm

utopia88

utopia88

IF-Sizzlerz

utopia88

Posted: 07 October 2011 at 1:23pm | IP Logged

Hi All,

Regards,
Vijay Bhatter

Those articles are pretty old. In the recent articles, I've noticed that GC has been tagged by himself more in GEET related articles. 

I feel Drashti should have been tagged in the recent article on GC which was related to GEET.

Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion and I feel it make sense to admit that allegations of calling India-Forums sexist and biased were wrong and really uncalled for.

TellyBuzz is a seperate team and works independently. It has less interaction with the Moderators or the Development Team.

Well there might be "some" fan who will feel we should carry atleast one story a day for Drashti Dhami but unfortunately we do not have that much resources to please everyone Unhappy

So you are saying that telly buzz actually tags the actors' names themselves not the IF team?

Is by e-mail the only way we can contact them?  Smile

We are not asking for an article on Drashti everyday. It would be nice to read interviews on Drashti once in a while since she rarely gets any.   

Edited by utopia88 - 07 October 2011 at 1:24pm

-Saruu-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top